Manly Is Failing Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
Does anyone else a have problem with, "1. Spend a week on Camp Quality". Not that spending a week with kids with cancer isn't a good thing to do, but the assumption that Brett needs to because a. He is stuck up footy player and doesn't know how lucky he is or b. that he doesn't do any charity work.

I read it as another part of restoring his image. More of a PR exercise. I also read it as a massive swipe at society, and the mechanisms of forgiveness. I like the article

ill read many things today that make less sense than that article.

I dont like the article at all.

The only decent part is the last line, the rest is mostly garbage.

3. Change nicknames

I've always called him "bullet", which was a nickname used a little when he first came into first grade.

Still, I'm sure some goose would find a negative connection to this too.

jbb/james said:
Masked Eagle said:
Does anyone else a have problem with, "1. Spend a week on Camp Quality". Not that spending a week with kids with cancer isn't a good thing to do, but the assumption that Brett needs to because a. He is stuck up footy player and doesn't know how lucky he is or b. that he doesn't do any charity work.

I read it as another part of restoring his image. More of a PR exercise. I also read it as a massive swipe at society, and the mechanisms of forgiveness. I like the article

ill read many things today that make less sense than that article.

Fair enough. I suppose you could take it that way as well.

Wish they'd just leave this young bloke alone and let him play football.
So now a nickname linked to eating lolly snakes due to diabetes has bad connotations?
Interesting article but I disagree with the implications that Manly have let Brett down.
Manly and Des Hasler stood by Brett and his family when nobody else did.
Hope he has a great year and the media leaves him TF alone.
Good luck in 2013 Snake. Already a Manly legend.

niccipops said:
Wish they'd just leave this young bloke alone and let him play football.
So now a nickname linked to eating lolly snakes due to diabetes has bad connotations?
Interesting article but I disagree with the implications that Manly have let Brett down.
Manly and Des Hasler stood by Brett and his family when nobody else did.
Hope he has a great year and the media leaves him TF alone.
Good luck in 2013 Snake. Already a Manly legend.

Well said Nicci....leave the guy alone and let him play footy.

Manly always stood by Brett through those ugly allegations.

It was the NRL who failed Snake

Daniel said:
This is from the Roar, it is a fan piece and not an actual journalist

This bloke is more of a journalist than the likes of rothfield, kent, hadley and co.

The article starts off well and then turns to dribble. What right does he have to throw the onus back on Brett to fix the situation? It wasn't his fault and it isn't his obligation to mold his image and cry on tv for some kind of public forgiveness. Brett can do whatever he likes.

Everyone was calling the Dogs Rapists for years after those allegations were proven false.

He's a good man. As long as he know's it the rest doesn't matter.

Manly is failing Brett Stewart?

1. No-one loves Brett Stewart more than our fans !! He's one of everyone's favorites. I know, I go to most home games - I see the signs etc.
2. The club has given massive respect and trust in Brett with another huge, long contract. That means huge amounts today.
3. The club has always stuck behind our main goal tender !!

Stupid article title. Should be:-

Non Manly fans, and anti Manly media outlets are idiots / morons:
Roar Guru
By Mark Young, 12 Feb 2013 Mark Young is a Roar Guru

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8