Manly need a marquee game at ANZ each year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly still gets a handsome sum of money for taking games up to Gosford according to my mate who works for the Eagles.

Taking a regular season game ANZ Stadium would be a total flop, no matter what promotion we did. 25,000 fans MAX, the majority of which would be opposition fans.

Taking two games away a season should aim at:

- A double header in Brisbane
- Perth
- Gosford
- SE Qld.
- POSSIBLY Tasmania

Forget the bloody SCG, as much as I dislike ANZ, it sh#ts all over the SCG for viewing, and I'm sure the players would hate playing there as well.
Perth and the Central coast are both very viable, rumour has it that we were offered a sh#tload to take the Storm game there last year.

HappilyManly said:
Increasing the price of Membership to include an away game will not be appreciated.

We already had this when a Gosford Game was included and most locals couldn't attend.

It will disenfranchise more than would take up a Season Ticket Membership. :cool:

One game a year at the SCG/SFS wouldn't change membership prices that much. Probably $20 at the maximum.

If the game was on a public holiday like Easter Saturday with transport included we'd get at least 25,000 if the marketing is done properly and the NRL back it like they do with Souths v Dogs on Good Friday, Wests v Parra on Easter Monday.

Peter C said:
Forget the bloody SCG, as much as I dislike ANZ, it sh#ts all over the SCG for viewing, and I'm sure the players would hate playing there as well.
Perth and the Central coast are both very viable, rumour has it that we were offered a sh#tload to take the Storm game there last year.

Alot of players enjoy playing at the SCG, they love being in the historic dressing rooms, rubbing shoulders with the former greats.

The $20+ is a waste for people who won't go, so it will be seen as a ticket price hike.
Some of us are not as able to get around and prefer to sit with people that we have been sitting with for decades.

The point you make about Players preferrance is just that, yet its the Fans who are to pay for it. :huh:
Fans are at a disadvantage at circular grounds. It lessens the enjoyment being so far from the action.

If Manly can't fill the SFS, I don't see the rationale in persisting with an inferior viewing venue.

The Club needs to go to major regional centres in Qld, NZ etc to get a crowd.

Just read that Eels v Tigers will have a crowd of over 30,000 this Easter Monday. Eels will make a fortune from that! Another reason we need a marquee game, even a crowd of over 20,000 for us will give us a boost.

What are we looking at tonight crowd wise? 12K? Meanwhile Souths & Eels will both bank a motza after 40K-50K crowds. That's about 4 Brookie games in one.

Manly need to put on a ANZ game the Sunday arvo of the non Easter weekend of the Easter Show. Make use of the free transport. Make it annual fixture on the calander.

Make it an event and a rally call to all Manly fans everywhere to get to this one game every year and support their club. Fill the joint at $15 a ticket.

ManlyArmy said:
Only about 6,000 tickets sold for tonight.

Yeah i heard even less. Hopefully with the money for Brookie now received we may not need to take many games from Brookie anymore as it might be ready for 2015 season.

Cowboys games in Sydney are always empty. Tigers got 6k against them last week.

Manly want the monies, but their Fans (sods) will not follow them up the highway, as its not how they want to attend home games. :cool:

My first game in front of the Tv in six years tonight and the DY RSL Fan Hub is rocking already :)

Eels & Tigpies over 50000. Free Sydney wide bus & rail plus afternoon kickoff. Anyone at the NRL going to join the dots?

Jerry1 said:
Big difference getting people to leave paradise to go to scum town.

Going by finals and grand finals at ANZ and whcih direction Manly fans head home after there are 10s of thousands of Manly fans in the west.

The crowd at ANZ today shows the potential for NRL crowds when its a daylight kickoff between two Sydney teams. Would love to see a Manly game at ANZ with a crowd that big.

Afternoon footy, when there is no school is the best attendance in Sydney.

NRL was lucky with the unusually sunny Easter Break too, as it usually pours.

The whining worms will make a fortune out of todays game. I think we need to take a game their next Easter. It would be nice to have games on Thursday night, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Note to the NRL the big crowds we saw also happened to be day games. Listen Greenturd listen!!!

We should try and get an Easter Saturday 4pm slot. Unsure whether ANZ or Allianz. I would prefer Allianz. Even a crowd of 25,000 still looks good there.

ManlyArmy said:
We should try and get an Easter Saturday 4pm slot. Unsure whether ANZ or Allianz. I would prefer Allianz. Even a crowd of 25,000 still looks good there.

Needs to be ANZ while the Easter Show is on to get the free Sydney wide bus and rail transport.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6