Manly Player Ratings - Rd 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Its good to finally write one of these after a win.

Tom Trbojevic 9/10 - Made a couple of errors in defence, but more than made up for it with his running and support game. A very welcome return and it transformed the side. For mine it looks like he's fitter and faster this year.

Jorge Taufua 8/10 - I couldn't believe my eyes when he took a bomb Aussie rules style. A solid game from Jorge with a nice try at the end.

Moses Suli 7/10 - Not as prominent as the past two weeks, but solid nonetheless.

Brad Parker 8/10 - Other than his dropped ball that was easily his best ever first grade game. 5 tackle breaks. Pity he doesn't have an extra yard of pace. Made Solomone Kata look like an amateur.

Reuben Garrick 8/10 - This kid continues to impress and got a well deserved first ever NRL try.

Kane Elgey 5/10 - Wasn't too bad I guess, but 5 missed tackles against that Warriors effort was not good.

Daly Cherry-Evans 9/10 - Behind a pack that was going forward and making metres almost at will, Cherry took control of the game. His combination with Turbo could prove lethal for some NRL teams.

Addin Fonua-Blake 7/10 - Powerhouse performance in his return from suspension

Api Koroisau 6/10 - Didn't do anything flashy, but was still pretty solid.

Martin Taupau 8/10 - Led from the front with his runs. The Warriors defence didn't want to know about him.

Curtis Sironen 5/10 - Curtis needs to get involved more.

Joel Thompson 8/10 - A great game from Thommo yesterday.

Jake Trbojevic 7/10 - Ran hard and as usual tackled anything that moved.

Manase Fainu 8/10 - Once again provided spark when he came on. Stood up well against the early second half pressure.

Jack Gosiewski 5/10 - TBH I barely noticed him yesterday.

Corey Waddell 7/10 - Another very good performance. Made 27 tackles in just 34 minutes.

Toafofoa Sipley 5/10 - Didn't do anything wrong, just wasn't prominent with Marty, AFB, Thommo and Jake doing most of the grunt work.

Overall it was a very good win. Now we just need to back it up with a good win against Souffs at our real home.

Last edited:

Tom Trbojevic 9/10 - Made a couple of errors in defence, but more than made up for it with his running and support game. A very welcome return and it transformed the side. For mine it looks like he's fitter and faster this year.

Jorge Taufua 8/10 - I couldn't believe my eyes when he took a bomb Aussie rules style. A solid game from Jorge with a nice try at the end.

Moses Suli 7/10 - Not as prominent as the past two weeks, but solid nonetheless.

Brad Parker 8/10 - Other than his dropped ball that was easily his best ever first grade game. 5 tackle breaks. Pity he doesn't have an extra yard of pace. Made Solomone Kata look like an amateur.

Reuben Garrick 8/10 - This kid continues to impress and got a well deserved first ever NRL try.

Kane Elgey 5/10 - Wasn't too bad I guess, but 5 missed tackles against that Warriors effort was not good.

Daly Cherry-Evans 9/10 - Behind a pack that was going forward and making metres almost at will, Cherry took control of the game. His combination with Turbo could prove lethal for some NRL teams.

Martin Taupau 8/10 - Led from the front with his runs. The Warriors defence didn't want to know about him.

Manase Fainu 8/10 - Once again provided spark when he came on. Stood up well against the early second half pressure.

Corey Waddell 7/10 - Another very good performance. Made 27 tackles in just 34 minutes.

Toafofoa Sipley 5/10 - Didn't do anything wrong, just wasn't prominent with Marty, AFB, Thommo and Jake doing most of the grunt work.

Overall it was a very good win. Now we just need to back it up with a good win against Souffs at our real home.
Good summery over all .
Gosi only played in the last 10 minutes and I thought Sipley was more prominent than a 5 out of 10

Nice work but I would put AFB up to an 8 as I thought he was our best forward. I also thought sirro and sipley were at least a 6. Sipley is a big improver and will be in the 17 for the rest of the year.

AFB just has to be a bit more careful as he is def on the ref’s cheat sheet. Easy target for them to penalise at will, especially when they know it will hurt us most

All spot on, Elegy needs to work on defense or give Hodko a go! TH Couldn't be any worse than Elegy in defense and offers more in attack. People have called both Farah and Marshall old, over the hill and 'done' but they CARVED us up 3 weeks ago!

I imagine Tent will come into the 17 (if fit) for Jetski. That will give us a huge pack.
I know it's been suggested in jest but would Jurbo be considered for 5/8? He has most of the ball skills, but lacking pace and a kicking game, and can be damaging in both attack and defence.
I just wonder if taking him from lock would leave some defensive deficiencies.
Imagine the power of a team with Jurbo at 5/8 and a pack of Aladdin, Kapow, Thommo, Siro, Duck, Tent, Sippers, Tango, Api/Fainu. I would expect such a fearsome bunch would steamroll most opposition packs and lay the go-forward for DCE and Turbo to pounce.

Good summery over all .
Gosi only played in the last 10 minutes and I thought Sipley was more prominent than a 5 out of 10
Yeah Sipley made some strong carries and got away the offload for Fainu’s try. Provided good impact when AFB and Marty were off the field, which is an area we were badly exposed in last season.

I imagine Tent will come into the 17 (if fit) for Jetski. That will give us a huge pack.
I know it's been suggested in jest but would Jurbo be considered for 5/8? He has most of the ball skills, but lacking pace and a kicking game, and can be damaging in both attack and defence.
I just wonder if taking him from lock would leave some defensive deficiencies.
Imagine the power of a team with Jurbo at 5/8 and a pack of Aladdin, Kapow, Thommo, Siro, Duck, Tent, Sippers, Tango, Api/Fainu. I would expect such a fearsome bunch would steamroll most opposition packs and lay the go-forward for DCE and Turbo to pounce.

Who Tent?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8