Manly Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn has made a bid to wrest sole control of the club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and the record shows the FC sided with Delmege to knife a perfectly good CEO who had the cheek to use GF week to seek new sponsors when delmege couldn't pay his bills. now the same CEO is with the GWS giants on big money which just shows how good he was/is. and the whole game of rugby league suffers because of one mans egos and his blind lackeys joining up to support him.

You are making an argument for smarter FC reps on the board, not that there should be no FC representation on the board.

Chip and Chase said:
Utility Player said:
MadMarcus said:
If Penn had a last right of refusal in the constituion or a shareholders agreement I'm not sure why he didn't try to enforce it earlier.

Because he would have had to carry the can for a longer period prior to the new broadcast deal and an increase in the NRL grant.

I'm not knocking him by the way he seems a very smart business man.

Also just think about Quantum's current financial situation and Penn's timing.

And we now have a sponsor in Kaspersky thus more external revenue

SeaEagleRock8 said:
You are making an argument for smarter FC reps on the board, not that there should be no FC representation on the board.

Agree, the FC should just hold the preference share and then we can have 'professional' member representative on the board who are are highly qualified in the business or sporting profession.

Then there will be no hidden agendas or conspiracy theories. :argue:

I don't post much on here anymore (to political) and I just enjoy the footie side of things.

To put it politely I think most of our problems have less to do with finance and a whole lot to do with ego.
When Max decided that he wouldn't sell his shares to Scott Penn it became bigger than the love of the club.

I'm sure most of us here appreciate all the efforts that have gone into keeping this beautiful old club alive... trouble is, all those great intentions are being undone by a good old fashioned Aussie pissing contest.

If one entity wants to own the club (and it appears it would be in the clubs best interest to do so) why isn't someone willing to bow out gracefully.

Mnalyborn you are totally correct - too many EGOs!!!

We need to end the factionalism on the board and have a united 'team' working for the betterment of the club, players, members and the business overall.

Too many are looking after their own self interest and agendas (whatever they are).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2