Manly Sea Eagles - Round 7,8,9 &10

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This article, in the future, could also be called - "THE BEGINNING OF THE END"

We played our Grand Final against Souths, played well but not well enough.

Big Bird said:
This article, in the future, could also be called - "THE BEGINNING OF THE END"

We played our Grand Final against Souths, played well but not well enough.

Jeez cheer up mate it's only May.

We played 1st place 2 weeks ago we played 2nd place last night and we play 3rd place next week.

I love this team and will till I die but i'm starting to doubt the ability of our coach.
For the second week in this 'tough period' has he left a fresh forward, cold on the bench for the entire match (against bigger packs)? What does that say about our depth? Why would anyone play Hiku at Fullback? After what Taufua did last week?
At full strength we're awesome. We don't play the style of game that's conducive to a complete roster though.
It is only May and perhaps we'll start to 'gel' against Melbourne.

Big Bird said:
Why would anyone play Hiku at Fullback? After what Taufua did last week?

hiku is a fullback, when he played winger earlier this year he looked out of place. while tafua went ok last week he still has a bit of a problem under the high ball on occasions, even during the warm i was watching him drop the ball a few times when dce was putting them up.
i was happy with hiku's effort last night, considering it was his first 1st game at fullback & only his 2nd 1st grade game.

I thought Hiku went alright also, in a match were no one really went alright. Did SBW even play? I know Taufau has been suspect under the high ball and he doesn't like both feet to leave the ground simultaneously but he may have to just get used to it. His passing game is also a bit of a shocker. If he isn't an option I don't think Hiku is either. I can't imagine him breaking a tackle without breaking a rib, he isn't a speedy or a strong defender. He's been brought here via the future where time machines have grabbed him from the 1980's. The 'Ridgey Didge' days are long gone. Sorry, I don't like.
I'll repeat what I said as a joke in an earlier article: Put Lawrence at fullback, only this time i'm not kidding.

Mate Hiku played great at fullback he only dropped one high ball.
And another thing he is built more than Stuart and has a few kg's more.
Give the kid a break it's his first game at fullback in NRL.
Jorge is not a fullback he's a winger and that's where he should be, if you play players out of position they get caught out.

After the scum give us a beating next week, we will have lost to all other top 4 teams. Yes, it is only May, but that is not filling me with any confidence for September. The way Canberra is playing, they may well get us a Brookie the week after that to inflict three home ground losses in a row. Our season is in a bit of strife and the boys will need to dig very deep over the next couple of weeks.

It's times like this that blokes like Fa'oso have let the team down badly with his brain explosions. The souffs game will be the turning point of our season and not a good turning point either.

Thanks Ralphie. I was beginning to think that I was the only one that came away from that frustrating experience a little disillusioned.

Big Bird said:
Thanks Ralphie. I was beginning to think that I was the only one that came away from that frustrating experience a little disillusioned.

Good points Big Bird. I'm hoping the scum will play us into form...it'll be that or the razor blades next week

each have the right to their opinion , but lets not get too excited...
even if we lose like some here are predicting to melb & canberra , there is still positions 5,6,7,8 available in september... and anything can happen ....

i doubt we will finish 9th or under... its disappointing that we havnt performed like we would like , but far from doom & gloom !!!

have faith !!!

panash, you're right and I'm not worried about missing finals even if we don't win again till Brett comes back. My concern is that like last year, too many disruptions may impede the building process necessary to establish a rhythm to succeed in Sept/Oct. We don't want to be eventually getting strategy and combo's right in the final rounds. But what do I know? The more I watch League, the less I understand it. I will take your advice and have faith. My ego triggers a defence mechanism in an attempt to protect me from possible future suffering thus rendering a pessimistic outlook on any potential emotional hazards. The human condition....weirder than footy.

Fair dinkum
Which sides are you on
startin to believe the press that manly fans are tools
It is round 9
Toughen up and support
Looks like the bum sniffers site 3 weeks ago

Go manly said:
Fair dinkum
Which sides are you on
startin to believe the press that manly fans are tools
It is round 9
Toughen up and support
Looks like the bum sniffers site 3 weeks ago

Sorry mate, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.
Perhaps the jocular element of my comments gets lost in translation when combined with pertinent issues. I'll work on that.
Allow me to put you at ease if I can by assuring you that I do pledge allegiance to
the Almighty Sea Eagles and that I also acknowledge that some of my comments may be interpreted as treasonous by those whom don't know me. You'll have to trust me, I definitely bleed maroon. I think i'm getting my period so i'll check just to be safe (that's probably why I was in a crabby mood). In fact if it's purple, firetruck red or even that slightly darker/bluer maroon of the Bronco's and QLD SOO jersey, I'm done with footy, end of.
Regarding the press; they don't propagate the idea that Manly fans are tools. They're simply the beneficiaries of a brainwashed sub-culture that eagerly gobble up any anti-Manly tabloid hysteria. This is not to say that some Manly fans are indeed 'tools'. I confess that I can often be a real 'c***', but I don't think It has anything to do with that fact I'm pro-Manly. If you're starting to believe the 'hype', perhaps it's your loyalty that's dubious.
Sorry, didn't get the "bum sniffers" reference.
Are we good? :heart:

Noticed young Gutherson is not listed in any of Manly's three teams this coming weekend. Has he joined the long list of injured? Anyone know?

If you look at the other top 4 teams they are pretty much injury free at the moment. Take 5 players out of their starting 17 and they'd be struggling to.

It will all depend on our injury list as to how far we go this year. At the moment it's a bit of a struggle. Hopefully our luck will change at the right time of the year.

Bearfax said:
Noticed young Gutherson is not listed in any of Manly's three teams this coming weekend. Has he joined the long list of injured? Anyone know?

I'd guess he would be 1 of our traveling reserves in Melbourne, could pop up in the 20s

Kiwi Eagle said:
Bearfax said:

I'd guess he would be 1 of our traveling reserves in Melbourne, could pop up in the 20s

He was 18th man against the Rooters Monday night and did the warm up. Exciting to think he's so close to 1st grade at such a young age.

Watching the warm up the other night I'm worried about his size or lack of it at the moment. Reminds me if a young Snake has blinding speed but is a lot better ball player at the same age.

He's a hell of a talent and if Tooves is considering throwing him in we'll have to trust his judgement.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8