Manly Sea Eagles vintage pub poster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Spied this gem on Twitter. https://twitter.com/theseaglebloke/status/959356601332252672

Anyone know where to see it anywhere on a pub or to buy?

DVBRtD5U8AEZmvQ.jpg

Looks like its been painted from a photo of Rex Mossop or Roy Bull at North Sydney Oval. Those jerseys have always been my favourites. I thought in those days that the Bears had jerseys with saddles and large numbers indicating their positions, but this image must be from an earlier era - the late 50s, early 60s.

Looks like its been painted from a photo of Rex Mossop or Roy Bull at North Sydney Oval. Those jerseys have always been my favourites. I thought in those days that the Bears had jerseys with saddles and large numbers indicating their positions, but this image must be from an earlier era - the late 50s, early 60s.
Just for you, The Who .

Manly robbed on that double movement call!

The manly style of play is recognizable even with unlimited tackles and a very skinny 5 yard rule. Always on the attack.

Thanks Bozo. I'd not seen that before. I am surprised at the number of times the defender kicked out at the dummy half.
Just shows you that today's style of play does have some advantages; 10 metre rule plus six tackles are improvements.

I’ll look into it. I suspect that the breweries printed versions suitable for different parts of Sydney.
I’m keen on the poster. I might try calling some of the Breweries or might even take a snap with me when I go to Bali and see if I can get a replica made.

I’m keen on the poster. I might try calling some of the Breweries or might even take a snap with me when I go to Bali and see if I can get a replica made.

Tooheys is now owned by Lion.
They should have info on their historic posters.

Media Contacts
If you have a media enquiry ONLY, please contact the following

Lion Corporate
Tegan Flanagan
External Relations Director
+61 2 8284 3670
+61 419 949 767
[email protected]

Research = I found a few on eBay. And The powerhouse museum has a collection of originals.

I have the one below which is also done in that vintage pub poster style. As you can see, in it's day it's been stuck up and folded so is showing it's age. I saw the same poster, but in better nick, go for mid $200's on eBay recently.

manly poster.JPG

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10