Manly Sensationalism

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I'm not really stating anything new here, however, I just want to make a point, highlighting the lengths that the media are currently going too, to rub salt into the wounds of our club.

The following article is from Foxsports. Read through thoroughly and I will make a point afterwards.

NRL Round 9 Late Mail:

Cronulla foward Jayson Bukuya is in hospital with a virus and in doubt for Saturday's NRL clash with Parramatta.

Coach Shane Flanagan revealed the illness had swept through the Sharks camp during the week.

Cronulla foward Jayson Bakyra is in hospital with a virus and in doubt for Saturday's NRL clash with Parramatta.

Flanagan said Bukuya was “50-50” to take the field while skipper Wade Graham was expected to return from injury.

Meanwhile, Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has declared Issac Luke is pushing to return from injury.

The in-form hooker lasted just 16 minutes of the 50-10 humbling from Melbourne on Anzac Day but recovering at a rapid rate.

While he isn’t “out of the woods yet”, he has trained this week.

“He had a run (Thursday) and did a bit of unopposed skills,” Kearney said.

“We want to try and give him every opportunity.

“He needs to pass a few fitness tests … he ticked a few boxes and he’s got a couple of more (on Friday) to try and tick off.”

If Luke is ruled out, Karl Lawton will come into the starting side.

So thats the entire article. A little bit of news about two games this afternoon (saturday).

What is sensationalist about the article is the picture used as the header. As follows:

Screenshot (21).jpg

So lets run through the image for an article that contains news of unfortunate circumstance.

Isacc Luke? Check
Shane Flannigan? Check
Daly Cherry-Evans....? .....

So here we are (and by 'we' I mean the sensationalist media), at a point where articles relating to the misfortune of other clubs need to somehow be related to Manly and DCE in particular.

The whole fiasco is becoming just about beyond a joke. Not only are articles now extending beyond the actual scope of the club itself, but it appears the media are using the brand as cannon fodder to promote the misfortune of the rest of the NRL and attract 'clicks'.

If you see that maroon and white hooped jumper, you click it and you know there's drama..

If you click an article that has nothing to do with Manly or DCE, yet is filled with misfortune, you'll subconsciously remember DCE was right there, smack center of the photo telling you, hey guys, here's the bad news for the round. Issac luke is hurt, sharks have a virus and oh, Manly and DCE.

What a sad world we currently live in where the supposed 'truth bringers' of modern society have stooped so low as to bully as a form of self promotion.

They should hang their heads. Zero respect.

I'm not really stating anything new here, however, I just want to make a point, highlighting the lengths that the media are currently going too, to rub salt into the wounds of our club.

The following article is from Foxsports. Read through thoroughly and I will make a point afterwards.

NRL Round 9 Late Mail:

Cronulla foward Jayson Bukuya is in hospital with a virus and in doubt for Saturday's NRL clash with Parramatta.

Coach Shane Flanagan revealed the illness had swept through the Sharks camp during the week.

Cronulla foward Jayson Bakyra is in hospital with a virus and in doubt for Saturday's NRL clash with Parramatta.

Flanagan said Bukuya was “50-50” to take the field while skipper Wade Graham was expected to return from injury.

Meanwhile, Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has declared Issac Luke is pushing to return from injury.

The in-form hooker lasted just 16 minutes of the 50-10 humbling from Melbourne on Anzac Day but recovering at a rapid rate.

While he isn’t “out of the woods yet”, he has trained this week.

“He had a run (Thursday) and did a bit of unopposed skills,” Kearney said.

“We want to try and give him every opportunity.

“He needs to pass a few fitness tests … he ticked a few boxes and he’s got a couple of more (on Friday) to try and tick off.”

If Luke is ruled out, Karl Lawton will come into the starting side.

So thats the entire article. A little bit of news about two games this afternoon (saturday).

What is sensationalist about the article is the picture used as the header. As follows:

View attachment 8267

So lets run through the image for an article that contains news of unfortunate circumstance.

Isacc Luke? Check
Shane Flannigan? Check
Daly Cherry-Evans....? .....

So here we are (and by 'we' I mean the sensationalist media), at a point where articles relating to the misfortune of other clubs need to somehow be related to Manly and DCE in particular.

The whole fiasco is becoming just about beyond a joke. Not only are articles now extending beyond the actual scope of the club itself, but it appears the media are using the brand as cannon fodder to promote the misfortune of the rest of the NRL and attract 'clicks'.

If you see that maroon and white hooped jumper, you click it and you know there's drama..

If you click an article that has nothing to do with Manly or DCE, yet is filled with misfortune, you'll subconsciously remember DCE was right there, smack center of the photo telling you, hey guys, here's the bad news for the round. Issac luke is hurt, sharks have a virus and oh, Manly and DCE.

What a sad world we currently live in where the supposed 'truth bringers' of modern society have stooped so low as to bully as a form of self promotion.

They should hang their heads. Zero respect.
FAKE NEWS BY F#CKWITS

No I dont actually. They are in-fact targeting the same sort of mentality that has you assuming Im male.

It works and its distasteful.

well, as there are no records of any female registered UFO hunters (apparently a gender specific dread of the probe) it was a fairly good guess percentage wise ...

PSS .I take your point, but this not a glaring example ....

Let them keep doing it, it's what has made this club so great. Bring on the hate and the siege mentality.

Let’s give this the “if they were Manly” treatment...

NRL Round 9 Late Mail: Death looms for Sharks players as Issac Luke tears apart the Warriors

Cronulla foward Jayson Bukuya is in hospital with a virus and in doubt for Saturday's NRL clash with Parramatta. Sources close to the club say he contracted the virus during a drunken scuffle with a teammate at a strip club, and it may be terminal.

Coach Shane Flanagan revealed the illness had swept through the Sharks camp during the week, testing Cronulla’s already thin depth and the Shire’s hospitals.

It is likely more than half the Sharks squad will be dead by the end of the week, creating a salary cap nightmare for the Sharks after Todd Greenberg indicated that death would not be valid grounds for a medical retirement unless the player played for the Eels, Broncos, Bulldogs or Roosters at the time of passing.

When asked about Jackson Hastings, Flanagan said he had no comment, fuelling speculation that Hastings won’t move to the Shire.

Flanagan said Bukuya was “50-50” to survive the virus while skipper Wade Graham was expected to return from injury and is not expected to contract the virus because he doesn’t have any friends in the squad. “We’re going to get through a lot of peptides this week to get the boys on the park”, said Flanagan.

Meanwhile, Warriors coach Stephen Kearney is trying to push Issac Luke out of the club after the rest of the team declared they don’t want to play with him.

Luke lasted just 16 pathetic minutes of the 50-10 humiliation by Melbourne on Anzac Day in which the Warriors put in a performance that was embarrassing and highly disrespectful to those who fought and served both countries.

While he isn’t “as useless as Aaron Woods yet”, he hasn’t trained this week and he does have a **** haircut.

A bad curry isn’t helping matters. “He had the runs (Thursday)” Kearney said. “Really stunk up the place. It’s not winning him any friends around here”.

“We want to try and give him every opportunity to leave the club. Nobody here trusts a guy who has a first name for a last name.

When asked about Jackson Hastings, Kearney said he had no comment, fuelling speculation that Hastings won’t move across the ditch.

I don’t usually listen to “ the continuous call team” but had my vehicle radio set to 4BC when I went to the shops at 1pm today.

So on comes the show, and to kick things off Mark Levy ( I think it was him) absolutely slammed the club, the board and in particular Lyall Gorman who he tore apart for nearly 5 minutes!!

I listened , swore a few times and turned the crap off after his tirade!!

FMD they do love kicking us when we are down don’t they!!

I’ve missed the Ikin/Kent show this week but have read that they’ve been just as bad.

I’m guessing as the losses mount the media will continue their agenda to tear our club down to its very foundation!!

It’s not rocket science but **** we need a win!!

I have followed Manly since 1973 since I was 4-year-old and I'm used to it.
There are two types of league fans, Manly fans or the I hate Manly mob ..... there is no middle ground on this, its love or hate.
Probably 80% of the I hate Manly side wouldn't even know why they hate us, everyone hates Manly so do I mentality.

The media need to attract people to them and if people see anything that could mean bad news against the club they will tune in, read or click on the article because of this hate. Us fans will also click because we want to see what is reported about our team.

I have always loved it when people say I hate Manly as it means we are or have been travelling well in the recent past.

Why do you let it get to you? Ficek 'em all. It's all meaningless drivel...... We all know what Manly is and win lose or draw I'm proud of our club. In a week or two a player form another club (hopefully) will do something dumb on the piss and that will take over the news, then it will be SOO. The media is basically full of people who even that mob Nova employment wouldn't hire.

This is how Murdoch has been operating his media circus all over the world for decades, so it really doesn't surprise me in the least.

I get your frustration, but these situations arise when there is any sort of opportunity to bag this club. It is sad, but as you said, social media play a big role these days. Barrett is starting to look surly and uninterested in some of his media sessions, and the media are lapping up the negativity. I truly hope the club can galvanise, but I feel there will be action from Penn and his cronies very soon. That is the unfortunate legacy of having this one owner model. Bad press, and someone must be sacrificed.
These guys don’t do loyalty and integrity

Maybe @strone33 wll be a happy man before much longer!!

Guys we deserve the criticism- we have played like Crap, our defence is soft, and the coach can’t pick the best person for 5/8.
So there I said it the media can see it everyone knows it, it just seems some of you don’t want to hear the bleeting obvious!

Guys we deserve the criticism- we have played like Crap, our defence is soft, and the coach can’t pick the best person for 5/8.
So there I said it the media can see it everyone knows it, it just seems some of you don’t want to hear the bleeting obvious!
Paramatta rort the cap and it turns in to a fairy tale must win 14 from their last 10 games to make finals everybody get behind. The media have an agenda mate. They always have. We are giving them things to feed on but the agenda is still there. Don't let yourself think we deserve this nonsense. We absolutely don't. Nobody does.

Most of the time I don't even think it's leaks.

Take the Hastings example. That was all Bulldog Ritchie who started that by suggesting the playing group didn't want to play with Jacko. Maybe it was true, maybe it wasnt but it was the media who created the issue. No facts to it according to the players.

Then Baz leaving the club. Our mates at fox create a big story about Baz and if he should walk away because apparently Choc told him to not re-sign with the club. It was a media creates issue. No facts to it according to Baz.

Then about the club being sold. The media goes hunting for past club investors asking questions... Then it quickly becomes a story about the club being sold. No facts to it according to the owners.

It's all the media. They literally create their own BS. Then people click on the stories because they love bad news and so the media create more and more. It's a snowball. All created and guided by the media.

And social media just makes it a thousand times worse because everyone wants to have their own opinion. So it all just spreads like wild fire.

Win games and people don't care as much because winning games means the club is successful. Gotta start winning games and it'll all disappear.

Totally agree.

The sad thing from a Manly fan is you can disprove these malicious media bully fake stories as much as you can be bothered to, then some nob goblin will post on here:

"Yeah.....but where there's smoke..... there's..... fire."

And unfortunately it's not always the trolls dressed up as Manly fans we have on here, often it's actual fans.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8