Manly set to sign Meehan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gday folks my 1st post so s*****g myself, Willis came from the same school and junior club as Dallas Koen who played with us last couple of years. Both were great kids, Dallas still is, don't know what happened to Willis I seriously don't

G'day, mate. Glad to have you here. Don't be scared. We're all toothless tigers really ;)

Gday folks my 1st post so s*****g myself, Willis came from the same school and junior club as Dallas Koen who played with us last couple of years. Both were great kids, Dallas still is, don't know what happened to Willis I seriously don't

Young and influenced by a bad crowd of "friends". Before the slander by those who don't even know Willis , was he convicted by any of the accusations made ? Any jail time ? What ever mistakes he has made have been judged and punished .Thats in the past and now let the Willis get on with his future who is now away from the elements that lead him astray : I do know he is a top bloke and let him be judge on his future not past mistakes .
I'm proud to call Willis a friend .

There is no way I'd ever compare Brent Kite to Meehan. That is just so ridiculous it isn't funny. Brent Kite has said in the past that in his younger days, he and his mates would drink and pick fights with strangers out of boredom. He then reconnected with the church and changed his ways, still as a young man.

Show me where Brent Kite was ever charged with Head butting a man and stealing his watch (April 2015). Show me where Brent Kite was ever charged with assaulting a taxi driver and stealing his coin pouch (July 2015). When was Brent Kite a standover man?

Kite was rough around the edges as a young bloke, but he turned himself around and was in no way a comparison to Meehan. Even with people holding his hand, Meehan still comes across on social media as an oafish imbecile.

What I think won't sway the club in the slightest. They will buy who they want regardless. But in my opinion, this is a bad purchase that most likely won't see its contract out, however long that may be.

Some people have a warped view of what toughness is. Brent Kite has it. Mentally tough. Spiritually tough. Physically tough. Emotionally tough. If you want another Kite type player, good for the young blokes, good for the fans and good for the club.....Willis Meehan is not your man.

Just my opinion. I will not change it. The club will not change theirs and the pro Meehan members of this fine site won't change theirs either. That's all fine.

Just don't drag one of our modern day greats and gentleman into the gutter. He deserves way better from us than to do that.
Maybe he was smart enough not to get caught.

Young and influenced by a bad crowd of "friends". Before the slander by those who don't even know Willis , was he convicted by any of the accusations made ? Any jail time ? What ever mistakes he has made have been judged and punished .Thats in the past and now let the Willis get on with his future who is now away from the elements that lead him astray : I do know he is a top bloke and let him be judge on his future not past mistakes .
I'm proud to call Willis a friend .

Good to have some first hand info. And good luck to the bloke if he has seen the error. But as a mate, suggest to him he might consider a different approach to social media. Those of us who don't know him personally can only judge him by what he posts.

Its funny how everyone said the same thing about AFB a couple of months ago. But look at him now wat how ur perspectives have changed. Same thing will happen with meehan. Im happy to keep him with us and will be our future prop.

A year in reserve grade.
Then if he is still keen ( and clean) consider a first grade contract.
Yep good call. Watched a fair bit of him in the 20s was good in short bursts big lad .runs out of steam then the inevitable mistakes come in due to fatigue. But definately got talent.

Welcome to Manly Willis ! Looking forward to seeing you practising your stand over skills on our opponents !

Bring on Willis the standover man I say ! Rip in brother, but stay on the park :)

The boy is trying to follow SBW, but sadly seems to lack the social grace that SBW was taught by someone after the dogs debacle.

Finding a religion is noble, but understanding the art of social grace and humility is far more noble. As someone said earlier, his social media pages are terrible. That probably says more about his intellect and upbringing than it does about being a lifelong criminal though.

He strikes me as a very angry young man, hiding behind a veil of religion to offset the temper. Certainly doesn't seem to show remorse or humility.
I have said in past threads about Willis, that all young men should be afforded the opportunity for redemption, but perhaps he needs to show more than;

"Talk **** from the back - Suck d... from the front - sell tables on the side- get control off roger - she looks like illpickyourtoesup - throw controller at the wall - tell dogs to f#€k off - go and talk to the chef - he fkn KICKED ME - loui got hit from the rabbit .

Anyway I wish the boy well, just hope he gets a decent mentor along the way to show him what life is, rather than how to type in the 2nd life of instagram.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8