Manly siege mentality

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
With Baz & the like going into this weekends game with excuses & waving the white flag, it makes me more so disappointed that we as a club have lost our soul/identity. ..

A few years ago we would have our backs against the wall with the manly mentality that no one gives us a chance and we wouldn't have given a shi*! We would go there with 17 players (didn't matter who as long as they wore the manly colours) and aimed up and ripped in...

Now we just sigh and wave our white flag that we have too much of our cap on the sideline. ... soft defeatist mentality that rubs off on the team!

We truly do miss a "manly man" who gets this (a dessie or tooves like) instead we have these imposters called cartwright and barret (sigh)

With Baz & the like going into this weekends game with excuses & waving the white flag, it makes me more so disappointed that we as a club have lost our soul/identity. ..

A few years ago we would have our backs against the wall with the manly mentality that no one gives us a chance and we wouldn't have given a shi*! We would go there with 17 players (didn't matter who as long as they wore the manly colours) and aimed up and ripped in...

Now we just sigh and wave our white flag that we have too much of our cap on the sideline. ... soft defeatist mentality that rubs off on the team!

We truly do miss a "manly man" who gets this (a dessie or tooves like) instead we have these imposters called cartwright and barret (sigh)
Will you watch the game against the cowboys or will you hide behind your white flag ?

Will you watch the game against the cowboys or will you hide behind your white flag ?

I'll be watching with "hope" as i already have the first 2 games and all of last season and I'll be telling all of my non manly supporting mates that we will win this weekend! I won't be blaming it on the fact we don't have our top 17!!!

If there is a time to come together and lift it's this week. Big road trip. Understrength side off two golden point games. I actually see this game as quite winnable given the circumstances. It's up to them if they want it enough. Cmon boys fire up and win this one!!!!!!

The white flags seem to be coming from so called supporters in here

I actually think we will do reasonably well this Saturday.

I'm not sure that means a win, most likely not but rest assured the players read Silvertails / Social Media and know well what we are all saying.

Loads of pressure on them with 0/2 to perform better BUT despite a few out the Boys who by be easy at home and if they think it's been hot down south the conditions at 1300 Smiles ( dick name like ours) then they are in for a shock.

I think we will surprise and be in the fight but go backwards at the change of Props, and then run out of gas around the 60 minute mark.

Cowboys should win , but not in a canter!

I tip a 4 point ball game either way.
The game will be in the balance at 75 minutes and would be a real team morale winner to steal the game late.

The white flags seem to be coming from so called supporters in here
I can assure you i haven't Given up on the team or the season. .. HOWEVER I am very sick of hearing excuses consistency around injury (especially when the coaching staff picks zero props on the bench when they have 5 out)!

I'll be watching with "hope" as i already have the first 2 games and all of last season and I'll be telling all of my non manly supporting mates that we will win this weekend! I won't be blaming it on the fact we don't have our top 17!!!
Good on you Kalvin That's the spirit !!!
All the passionate Manly supporters including my self are with you all the way
untitled.png

They did this last year vs the Stockmen at Lottovale.

'Come and see the great Johnathan Thurston Howell III and his teammates put the cleaners through the once mighty Sea Eagles.'

Or words to that effect.

I actually think we will do reasonably well this Saturday.

I'm not sure that means a win, most likely not but rest assured the players read Silvertails / Social Media and know well what we are all saying.

Loads of pressure on them with 0/2 to perform better BUT despite a few out the Boys who by be easy at home and if they think it's been hot down south the conditions at 1300 Smiles ( dick name like ours) then they are in for a shock.

I think we will surprise and be in the fight but go backwards at the change of Props, and then run out of gas around the 60 minute mark.

Cowboys should win , but not in a canter!
True. But that is our issue. As soon as the going gets tough. In the fitness department or composure under pressure. We have players who just go missing. It's not every one, in the playing group, but still not a good sign, and this year it's been our big names not our kids. Let's hope it's not reflective of the club's current culture.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8