Manly Team Vs Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan. No way! Steve Bell is way to slow on the wings

Yeah, if Stewart is out I prefer Menzies at 5/8th, just cause we have a lot more depth in the backrow then we do the outside backs. (eg. using Ryan's team above, starting Cuthbertson and bringing in Mauro is a lot better than bringing in NBQ).

Has Steve Bell ever played on the wing..........

Your a tool, Ryan.

Why do you consistantly do these yarts with players all over the shop??

If you guys have been watching Manly games you would notice in the last few games when Bani got injured Des Placed Bell on the wing, He did an all right job of it. Bell Fills in on the wing if there is an injury out there ( during the game) and he is not so bad considering his recent poor form.

I'm aware of that much Gronk but ****loads of players play out of position at origin because of the quality of player playing. Apart from Origin (where he was ****) he has never played wing.

It's stupid to put him there with a view to the future.

He plays 3 or he's out it's that simple... personally, I don't think he should be in the team anywhere.

He's made 1 clean break in god knows how long and all he had to do was pass it to stewart to score and couldn't do that.

Bell >>>>>>>>>>>>

Deadly, I did notice that.  I think it was when Stewart got injured and Robertson went to the back.

Who else would you put on the wing??

Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon would be non existant on the wing. Steve Bell does **** all anyway why not throw him out there.

Nutzcraw link said:
I'm aware of that much Gronk but S**tloads of players play out of position at origin because of the quality of player playing. Apart from Origin (where he was S**t) he has never played wing.

It's stupid to put him there with a view to the future.

He plays 3 or he's out it's that simple... personally, I don't think he should be in the team anywhere.

He's made 1 clean break in god knows how long and all he had to do was pass it to stewart to score and couldn't do that.

Bell >>>>>>>>>>>>

Deadly, I did notice that.  I think it was when Stewart got injured and Robertson went to the back.

Who else would you put on the wing??

Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon would be non existant on the wing. Steve Bell does S**t all anyway why not throw him out there.

In a good mood mate? ;)
If I'm a tool, can I be a hammer? Ooh, ooh - or a Philips head screwdriver?

Bell's fine on the wing. I don't see why everyone's bagging the guy. He's doing a more than an adequate job IMO, and here is something from the QLD selectors:-

By Karl deKroo

May 08, 2008 THE Queensland backline is being described as the most potent in State of Origin history, and the Maroons' forgotten man, Steve Bell, concedes he is fighting an uphill battle to retain his place in it.

The unfashionable Manly centre knows his position is under fire despite having played a key role in Queensland's resurgence under Mal Meninga.

He has barely put a foot wrong but the emergence of Israel Folau, the teenager who all but forced Bell out of Melbourne two years ago, will test the Queensland selectors' penchant for loyalty as never before.

"I'd love to be there again," said Bell, who in 2006 made his Queensland debut just four days out from his 30th birthday.

"It is a great experience and I love every moment of it, but I'm not sure how the selectors are thinking.

"There is obviously some hot competition in the Queensland backs at the moment, so it isn't going to be easy to get a spot there.

"It is going to be hard not to pick a guy like Folau, but I just have to keep putting my best foot forward and we'll see what happens."

Folau is yet to make his Origin debut but he plays his second Test for Australia in Sydney tomorrow after a stunning rookie season with the Storm.

Another of Bell's former Melbourne teammates, full-back Billy Slater, is also in sizzling form, and both Slater and Folau will demand Queensland selection for Origin I on May 21.

Fellow Kangaroos stars Greg Inglis and Justin Hodges are considered automatic selections, while Karmichael Hunt is likely to retain his place at full-back, pushing Slater to either a wing or bench role.

Warriors centre Brent Tate is another in fine form, and Bell admits a slow start to the year may have hurt his representative cause. He said he would approach Manly's game against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday as an opportunity to push his Origin claims.

"A bit like the team, I was a bit slow to start, but I feel in the past few games I was getting a lot better," Bell said. "Games like this one against the Broncos are a good opportunity to put my hand up and remind people what I'm capable of."

Despite the glut of talent at the Maroons' disposal, Queensland chairman of selectors Des Morris said Bell should not lose heart.

"He's definitely in the mix," Morris said of the strong defensive centre, who is off contract at the Sea Eagles at the end of the year.

"He has done the job for us very well the past two years so he is far from out of the picture."

Bell had a top match last outing, was great to see. Spent a bit of time on the wing, cleaned up the play nicely and made 3 line breaks

Last time I saw Robbo at fullback was at Parra when he played a shocker.  Couldn't catch and looked hopeless.

Bell isnt a wingers arsehole. I'm with Nutz on this one, Bell on the wing against a side with pedestrian wingers yes, you put Bell on the wing against a team like the Broncos and wait and see what happens. He will leak points.

A wingers key attributes are being able to be in 2 places at once. A lot of people dont appreciate how tough (especially in defence) a wingers job is. You have to be able to be close enough to shut down a 5th tackle running play, but deep enough to get yourself in position to field a kick and bring it out from your own line. Bell isnt quick enough for that these days.

Look at Bani and Robbo compared to Bell. They have twice the agility Bell does. IMO Bell is a liabilty and will be lucky to see out his contract this year. I would rather see Neumann given more game time.

10_foxsports2.md.jpg

11.45am Live: Rugby League: Toyota Cup Broncos v Sea Eagles
League. PREMIERE A vital game for both teams who sit just two points outside the top 8. Two players to watch out for are mobile prop Josh McGuire for the Broncos and creative halfback Daly Cherry-Evans for the Sea Eagles.

1.25pm Live: NRL Sunday Pre Game Show Sunday Pre Game Show
League. A preview of the upcoming clash, with a look at the final line-ups.

2.00pm Live: NRL Broncos v Sea Eagles Broncos v Sea Eagles
League. PREMIERE The first placed Broncos are playing an entertaining style of attack and seem capable of coping with the uncertainty surrounding Darren Lockyer's long term fitness. Manly are quietly building momentum, winning four of their last five.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6