MANLY THE MOST IMPRESSIVE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have to say that article makes me so proud to be a Manly supporter. I also noticed we are in to $9 from $13 on centrebet. I think the Tigers game is going to be a tough one as they were quite average against the Sharks and will be looking to play much better against us. Bring it on!!!

Good to see the team getting some well deserved plaudits, I even read a begrudging positive story from Paul Kent in the DT....Hope he choked on every word !

Am i the only one that reckons we played pretty bad and got away with it ? Silly erros that should have been turned into points or repeat sets, uncharacteristic errors. Im happy with our perfomance but it was far from clinical, warriors blew 2 tries ! in saying that it is also the first round and hopefully these little mistakes will be addressed !

I hate the way the Sydney press are all over the Tigers and relegated us to the inside pages. Our game was far superior. It's very annoying. It's always a Benjii love fest.

I thought that it was an excellent first round performance - some poor execution on the last tackle near the Worry-ers line - and at 16 ZIP a few of the boys thought every off load was a good idea and turned over a bit of possession.

Pretty happy though. I magine if we had lost after that lead then it would have taken more than a Benji Golden Point FG (in a stinker of a game) to keep the press off the bandwagon.

bennyeagle said:
Am i the only one that reckons we played pretty bad and got away with it ? Silly erros that should have been turned into points or repeat sets, uncharacteristic errors. Im happy with our perfomance but it was far from clinical, warriors blew 2 tries ! in saying that it is also the first round and hopefully these little mistakes will be addressed !

Yes, it would seem that you are bennyeagle. Most seem to agree we were a bit rusty and that game blew the cobwebs out ,but you are entitled to your opinion and good on you for voicing it here.

bennyeagle said:

I couldn't disagree more. I thought we were magnificent. Against a monsterous and talented team, 38,000 Kiwis, in the heat after returning from winter in England, with injuries and a sin-binning to still win was fantastic.
I think some posters forget that humans play this sport - the toughest in the world. None of us can really know what it is to be tackled by several huge men, be tired, and still produce some scintilating football. They are not machines. This talk about silly mistakes is crap. Fatigue, pain and a bloody good opposition causes errors.
Please celebrate the performance, not nit-pick. This Warriors club will be the benchmark, if not this season then very soon. They have dominated Toyota Cup, and have boundless talent coming through. It won't be long before we'll be calling for a second NZ team to help negate their advantage. Brisbane is one team in a city of 2-million. Warriors are one team in a country of 3-4-million.
Manly is one club between a few nice beaches. We do remarkable well to compete, let alone dominate. I'm thrilled with the win, knowing that the more NZ play the better they will become.

I thought the boys were great. Yes, a bit rusty with some attacking options, but wow they played well in only rd 1. Bring on the Tigers friday night.

The Who said:
bennyeagle said:

I couldn't disagree more. I thought we were magnificent. Against a monsterous and talented team, 38,000 Kiwis, in the heat after returning from winter in England, with injuries and a sin-binning to still win was fantastic.
I think some posters forget that humans play this sport - the toughest in the world. None of us can really know what it is to be tackled by several huge men, be tired, and still produce some scintilating football. They are not machines. This talk about silly mistakes is crap. Fatigue, pain and a bloody good opposition causes errors.
Please celebrate the performance, not nit-pick. This Warriors club will be the benchmark, if not this season then very soon. They have dominated Toyota Cup, and have boundless talent coming through. It won't be long before we'll be calling for a second NZ team to help negate their advantage. Brisbane is one team in a city of 2-million. Warriors are one team in a country of 3-4-million.
Manly is one club between a few nice beaches. We do remarkable well to compete, let alone dominate. I'm thrilled with the win, knowing that the more NZ play the better they will become.

Im no poster, ive been here for a while under (CopaEagle). im not nit picking at anything mate, i just thought we threw away a few opportunities and made it harder for ourselves to be more dominant, im entitled to be a little cautious about our performance cause ive come to acknowledge and respect the way we have played the last few years, i undertsand that it is round 1 and we are blowing out the cobwebs, i thought we showed guts and determination, i know no one can be perfect, i just thought our execution was off, and i know that will come with the more we play. I can understand why you may be frustrated.

It was a far mor expansice style of play that i will have to get used to !

bennyeagle said:
The Who said:
bennyeagle said:

im entitled to be a little cautious about our performance cause ive come to acknowledge and respect the way we have played the last few years

The last few years we have been beaten in round 1.

A bit much to expect a perfect performance in rd 1 and I wouldnt want to see it quite frankly. You cannot be at peak performance for 7 months straight you will burn out. No team was anywhere near perfect this weekend they all had a lot of errors as expected in rd 1. Manly's was undoubtedly the best performance of all the teams congratulations to 2V and the boys a job well done. Not many will come away from NZ with 2 points.

bennyeagle said:

Lol.. it`s the 1st time we have won our round 1 game since 2007.. :D

With the injuries we had during the game, Matai, Gifty and Fozzy on one leg that's a great win. Watched every game and all teams were scratchy. Thought we were most impressive by far. Tough to please some on here.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8