Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 32
Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake, Sipley, Weekes, Tuipulotu & Harper out

Turbo, Koula, Burbo, Parker & Woods in

Wonder if they will all take the field on Friday?

Wow didn't see Parker or Burbo coming back this week. All in all, a pretty decent line up. Incredibly frustrating that Jake is unavailable, as it is one of the strongest teams we've fielded this year (just missing him and Schuster)

Big questions:
Do Parker, Koula, and Burbo hit good form immediately?
Is Turbo in good fitness?
Can Keppie + Woods = 1× Jake?
Is Manly in crisis, or do we show the world that we are made from more than straw?

Yeah, with Jake not there, the question becomes, who is going to make all the tackles he makes in the middle? Sadly, I can't come up with an answer besides "No one".
And it's not just the number of tackles, but the quality of them too. It has to be a combination of Keppie and Woods as they both can't offer much more anyway. In reality, the entire pack and bench will need to put in an almighty performance. Do they have it in them? I don't think so. Here's to dreaming a little...

I guess croker will
Have to do 100 🤦
Going to be a hard night in the office for Froggy, couple more head knocks, bit of extra thread work, poor bloke might leave Suncorp looking something like this
BD7C6B30-0993-45CB-9128-AB5C9F8FD7DB.jpeg
BD7C6B30-0993-45CB-9128-AB5C9F8FD7DB.jpeg

Geez gotta hope Croker stays fit over the next month whilst Jake is out.

It was the beginning the rot last year when they were both out (week before the jersey fiasco) as our defensive structure fell to pieces.

Jake, Sipley, Weekes, Tuipulotu & Harper out

Turbo, Koula, Burbo, Parker & Woods in

Wonder if they will all take the field on Friday?
Got a feeling S Fainu may sneak into the 17 at the expense of Burbo. If not, wish Burbo all the best in a tough game back.

Geez gotta hope Croker stays fit over the next month whilst Jake is out.

It was the beginning the rot last year when they were both out (week before the jersey fiasco) as our defensive structure fell to pieces.
Lawton goes ok in this department, but agree, we're a bit light on defence wise.

In even better news , as long as the Big C doesn’t get me in between ( currently ok ) we’ll be away 6 months next year , May to November.

We just have to navigate the first 10 weeks and then the winning run will start !!
Great to hear you are Currently ok and on top of the horrible C

Stay positive , look after your self , and keep happy doing the things that you love

so all those wonderful endorphins in your body can keep you on top of that C

God bless feathered friend , take care and Go Manly !

Last edited:
It's quite simple. We have clever and experienced coaching staff they have Kevvie walters.
We'll win it with our game plan.
The moral of your positive optimistic post is

We need to believe and back our selves when the rest of the NRL have the Broncos as favorites

This is another backs to the wall test of character for us

A resilient Win will revitalize another winning momentum and keeps us into the top 8

and Another failure could be fatal and we could spiral out of the top 8

Thank you for that Challenging post @Jethro

All Great Manly Competitors have been known to thrive on testing them selves against the best

Great Manly Competitors have also been known to rise to the occasion

The Great Manly Benchmark of excellence our players need to rise to
b09a8bcb0790961d39a3ff24014d8b1d--the-round-the-eagles.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14