Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 32
Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have great and horrible performances in us.

Hopefully we have one of the great ones on Friday.

Fingers crossed Tolu and Tom are back.

Still leaves Johns at 5/8 which is a worry
Im being a dickhead but we are lucky a panthers fan isn't in here because if it was said that some of our performances have been great we'd be laughed off the internet

(actually not the best time to say that as they lost to tigers)

Over 50K full house likely. The 2nd biggest Manly home game ever. @:D@:D@:D

104583 Manly v Newcastle Stadium Australia 06-Mar-1999
52347 Manly v Brisbane Lang 14-May-2016
44127 Manly v Brisbane Lang 13-May-2017
44047 Manly v St George S.C.G. 04-May-1968
41388 Manly v Brisbane Lang 10-May-2019
41367 Manly v Brisbane Lang 14-May-2021
40267 Manly v Brisbane Lang 13-May-2022
37343 Manly v St George S.C.G. 12-Jun-1972
34047 Manly v Balmain S.C.G. 25-Apr-1969
33506 Manly v Souths S.C.G. 22-Aug-1970
32463 Manly v Easts S.C.G. 25-Apr-1977
32283 Manly v Brisbane Lang 27-May-2011
31118 Manly v Brisbane Lang 12-May-2018
30968 Manly v Easts S.C.G. 22-Jul-1972
29876 Manly v Easts S.C.G. 25-Apr-1968
29702 Manly v Wests S.C.G. 30-Apr-1960
27655 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 31-Aug-1986

Im being a dickhead but we are lucky a panthers fan isn't in here because if it was said that some of our performances have been great we'd be laughed off the internet

(actually not the best time to say that as they lost to tigers)
We were great against the Storm and I think we played very well against the Bulldogs and Souths.

People get far too emotive when we lose

Well after the Panthers flogging everyone thought we'd get another against the Storm but we responded in kind. Up to the boys again bounce back in same fashion otherwise it'll just add on to what I'll bet be a Sea Eagles bashing week from 360, DT, ect. From all the news that came out today

We were great against the Storm and I think we played very well against the Bulldogs and Souths.

People get far too emotive when we lose
The Rabbits game was the one that stood for mine (and appeared reproducable). It seemed like we returned to some of our strengths, while also showing some linespeed.

I would be lying if I said i didnt absolutely love beating the storm. After the game was very happy to see the energy was there.

But equally, tries were 2-1 w/ all of 65% territory, 25 more tackles in the opposition 20m and the Storm having just 70% completion in the wet. Even with 10 to go it seemed the Storm were one attacking chance away from taking it, and I think they are not the side they used to be.

It's always good to have tough scrappy wins like that in the resume.

While I agree with Mave (manly giving us bipolar), I also reckon we aren't looking very well defined at this stage.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this."

It could be a different story if we were at full strength and playing well, but I just don't think we have the fire-power in attack or defence to stop the Broncos. If we can manage to just play with a tough and uncompromising mindset, I would be pleased to see that. Pick up again where we left off against Melbourne.

People get emotive, not because we lose, but because the difference between our best and our worst is huge.....and we have clear case of bipolar.
Oh I agree.

But to say we haven't had good performances this season is just incorrect.

The Rabbits game was the one that stood for mine (and appeared reproducable). It seemed like we returned to some of our strengths, while also showing some linespeed.

I would be lying if I said i didnt absolutely love beating the storm. After the game was very happy to see the energy was there.

But equally, tries were 2-1 w/ all of 65% territory, 25 more tackles in the opposition 20m and the Storm having just 70% completion in the wet. Even with 10 to go it seemed the Storm were one attacking chance away from taking it, and I think they are not the side they used to be.

It's always good to have tough scrappy wins like that in the resume.

While I agree with Mave (manly giving us bipolar), I also reckon we aren't looking very well defined at this stage.
Absolutely agree we are bipolar and ulimately if we are to do anything this season we need to land in the 'stong performance' side of the equilibrium far more frequently

Reading a few posts here and they remind me of how there was no way we could get within cooee of the Storm. :eek:Yet somehow we beat them. @:D

Good grief the Tigers just gave Penrith, the best team in the comp, their 4th loss of the year. And they've only had 8 games!!! The differences between all the teams are mostly a lot of little things that on any given day can change.

I may be the only one but I think Manly in 2023 is on the improve and there's been some good signs from the new coaching staff. Including some selections on form such as dropping Keppie, promoting Sipley. Also playing Bull in the middle, and trying Weekes as a 14 to give him some NRL time. Giving S Fainu his NRL debut. And now stating publicly that Schu has to own his own career. Clear messages about rewards and accountability.

One things for sure, Kevvie Walters won't be expecting an easy win, he'll probably expect a massive ambush. And I am too! :)

Reading a few posts here and they remind me of how there was no way we could get within cooee of the Storm. :eek:Yet somehow we beat them. @:D

Good grief the Tigers just gave Penrith, the best team in the comp, their 4th loss of the year. And they've only had 8 games!!! The differences between all the teams are mostly a lot of little things that on any given day can change.

I may be the only one but I think Manly in 2023 is on the improve and there's been some good signs from the new coaching staff. Including some selections on form such as dropping Keppie, promoting Sipley. Also playing Bull in the middle, and trying Weekes as a 14 to give him some NRL time. Giving S Fainu his NRL debut. And now stating publicly that Schu has to own his own career. Clear messages about rewards and accountability.

One things for sure, Kevvie Walters won't be expecting an easy win, he'll probably expect a massive ambush. And I am too! :)
Never write us off against the storm ;)

They’re bipolar , so a Donkey smashing is definitely possible

It really depends which part of the bi polar attitude decides to turn up.

They could blow the Donkeys off the park.

Or be absolutely blown off the park by the Donkeys.

There’s no rule of thumb there , no indicators to show which side will turn up.

It’s just a lottery
The the NRL competition in general this year. I can't tip a thing right.

It really depends which part of the bi polar attitude decides to turn up.

They could blow the Donkeys off the park.

Or be absolutely blown off the park by the Donkeys.

There’s no rule of thumb there , no indicators to show which side will turn up.

It’s just a lottery
Well have a great time mate. Make sure you tune in here if we win but if we lose I'd stay away at least for a few days. Maybe I should take that advise too.

Well have a great time mate. Make sure you tune in here if we win but if we lose I'd stay away at least for a few days. Maybe I should take that advise too.
Yes , I honestly think that it doesn’t do your mental state much good ( if we lose ) as people just want to VENT.

So all you get is negativity.

This is a topsy Turvey year when any side can beat any side ( and do ) and I think we just need to go along for the ride and not take it too seriously.

That’s my approach anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8