Pre-Game Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 13
Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Given who we have available, I don't mind the team picked. Let me emphasise, given who we have available. I know Ray is a step below 1st Grade but I love his passion and defensive agro. I like Talau in the centres coz it gives him a chance to show Seibs if he has more than Rubes for later. I've never really been a fan of Paulo but I don't think we had too many other options.

I'm glad they selected Burbo in the back row coz I didn't want Waddell playing a full game again. I think he's better coming on for shorter stints. It doesn't surprise me that Sips was dropped coz I think the combo of his suspension period and then his knee injury have taken away the fitness he had when he was playing well. If his knees not stuffed, a stint back in Reggies to get some fitness back won't hurt.

Not happy that Crokes is still out coz his defence was sadly missing last week. Lawton needs to lift and Gordie given more time on the park.

The forwards need to really step up coz that backline is going to be very clunky in attack. I wouldn't be expecting a big lead again coz the attack is going to struggle with all the changes. Defensively the wingers are just going to have to trust the inside man or they will get smashed with tries in the corner all night. Actually, it could get very ugly.

It's up to the forwards, DCE and Brooks if we have any chance.

Nordburg

First Grader
Given the lack of speed out wide,it may force the team into a more conservative approach to the game,as long as someone reminds DCE of this fact.If Seibold is the smart man he’s purported to be,a game plan of keeping it tight and putting the Broncos off their game with an arm wrestle,may keep them in the game long enough

LeonardCohen

Bencher
This is the first game of year where I believe we are no chance and cannot see the point of even watching, other than to see how well we minimise the damage.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Given who we have available, I don't mind the team picked. Let me emphasise, given who we have available. I know Ray is a step below 1st Grade but I love his passion and defensive agro. I like Talau in the centres coz it gives him a chance to show Seibs if he has more than Rubes for later. I've never really been a fan of Paulo but I don't think we had too many other options.

I'm glad they selected Burbo in the back row coz I didn't want Waddell playing a full game again. I think he's better coming on for shorter stints. It doesn't surprise me that Sips was dropped coz I think the combo of his suspension period and then his knee injury have taken away the fitness he had when he was playing well. If his knees not stuffed, a stint back in Reggies to get some fitness back won't hurt.

Not happy that Crokes is still out coz his defence was sadly missing last week. Lawton needs to lift and Gordie given more time on the park.

The forwards need to really step up coz that backline is going to be very clunky in attack. I wouldn't be expecting a big lead again coz the attack is going to struggle with all the changes. Defensively the wingers are just going to have to trust the inside man or they will get smashed with tries in the corner all night. Actually, it could get very ugly.

agree with all of what you said .Gordon needs to get a bit more time and not get HIA'd out of the game. I thought we really straightened up a bit when he came on .
Looking forward to Talua in the centres hopefully he doesn't under impress ,hopefully Garrick stays on his man and has his kicking boots on we will need every point .I think we will know in the 1st 20 mins if we have a chance ,we may not win from there but we will know if we are on.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Todd Smith
Referee

Drew Oultram
Touch Judge

Liam Kennedy *
Touch Judge

Nick Morel
Standby Touch Judge

Grant Atkins
Senior Review Official

* Denotes standby referee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
agree with all of what you said .Gordon needs to get a bit more time and not get HIA'd out of the game. I thought we really straightened up a bit when he came on .
Looking forward to Talua in the centres hopefully he doesn't under impress ,hopefully Garrick stays on his man and has his kicking boots on we will need every point .I think we will know in the 1st 20 mins if we have a chance ,we may not win from there but we will know if we are on.
Let's hope Garrick has a reason to have his kicking boots on 😂

Agree with all you have said

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Not a fan of the named side.

Would rather have seen either Burbo or Hank Scorpio in the centres with Garrick and Paulo brought up to replace Saab.
Hi feathered friend , I hope all is well in your nest
Have you been watching Hank Scorpio in NSW cup ?
If you have , Please tell what you have seen to justify his selection
Because from what I have seen and all reports he has been very ordinary in a level below NRL
From a player of NRL experience he has had very little impact defensively and offensively on the Blacktown Eagles
He is too slow for the backs and gets belted in the backrow
It gives me no pleasure in informing you that he is out with another HIA

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi feathered friend , I hope all is well in your nest
Have you been watching Hank Scorpio in NSW cup ?
If you have , Please tell what you have seen to justify his selection
Because from what I have seen and all reports he has been very ordinary in a level below NRL
From a player of NRL experience he has had very little impact defensively and offensively on the Blacktown Eagles
He is too slow for the backs and gets belted in the backrow
It gives me no pleasure in informing you that he is out with another HIA
He has been struggling in NSW cup, his form is poor this season, Condon on current form merits a first grade spot before Parker.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Worry about that three quarter line defensively.

Talau never been great at centre and Garrick still developing in the roll. Paulo has had his troubles and Veaga can hit but is poor under the high ball.

Bit of a worry.

Do like Sips dropping out. Like Sips but dont think we can have him and Lodge on at the same time.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
He has been struggling in NSW cup, his form is poor this season, Condon on current form merits a first grade spot before Parker.
Parker has been offering very little in NSW cup . I would have invested money in a younger up and coming player .
I have also been privileged to have watched Manlys dominating Tackle breaking , Skilful , Powerful, Speedy , Thrilling and Exciting centres in our Legendary clubs proud Premiership Winning history and I was over seeing the Pedestrian one dimensional Parker at centre .

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I prefer our bench over the last two weeks.

At their best Sips and Lodge would dominate.

Both back from injury and far from at their peak of late.

It's a more mobile bench. But to have real impact with those lighter forwards, Focus has to be all about a 10 x better line speed this week.
Carrying 3 middle men on the bench is difficult with the speed of the game, the Rorters have made the change also from last week where they had 3 middles on the bench.

The Sharks are the only team to have been successful this season with 3 middles on their bench each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14