Post-Game Discussion Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
12 Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
You and I come from a place where the club had standards and pride in performance mate. As we slide into our standard 12th-13th place after this weekend, not even being able to win just half our games, we just have to come to expect and understand people will praise & celebrate anything now.

How anyone can say that was anything but deplorable, lazy, shambolic effort against literally a QLD Cup side, is beyond me. I give up.

For context, a few days ago you posted here that you wished we'd forfeit. We ended up losing by a whole 1 point against last year's grand finalists.

Do you still wish we had forfeited?

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I share your disappointment, mate, but that was not "literally a QLD Cup side". Cobbo is a State of Origin and Australian rep. Ditto Haas and Carrigan. And Staggs. Corey Oates has played Origin. Mam, Mariner and Nikki are rising stars. Yes, they had some outs, but so did we.
Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good moan mate.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
The milking is out of control, a few times in that Raiders/Dogs game I was pulling my hair out
Another area we need to improve in. Fark I hate what this games become. Now I can’t stand Staggs but fair play to him. Total crusher accidental in the first half and he started to milk it then just got up and played it and acknowledged the accident. Plenty stay down and get the penalty.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Mate, I totally respect your opinion, and mindset here. As others who've stated the similar type of thing.

I just disagree. After getting pumped for consecutive weeks (i.e. rolled over in the latter stages of matches), I expected explosion and intensity. The type guys like Kite, Ballin, Lyon, Gift, Snake could bring when their were getting their pants pulled down in concurrent weeks.

I'm not sure how many times the commentators stated we needed to make much more effort, and that we weren't up for it. I guess I just saw the same thing as them.
I mean… just look at how bad that non-attempted charge down was. That epitomises what you’re saying.

Hertera

Reserve Grader
#coachesson

That's crap Walters has worked hard to get that spot and been outstanding to suggest Walters is picking him as it's his son is nonsense. Smoothey is not clearly better you can argue Mozer should be picked as he is going to be outstanding but at the moment Walters has earned the position through sheer hard work and good luck to him as he has limited ability.

The only player that I have seen picked in first grade because he was the coaches son is Scott Fulton who was a terrible player.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 12
Broncos: 13

444151038_1047021596856088_1954130563232746288_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

missed-it-by-that-much-missed.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

443857563_1046985830192998_8515589097447533454_n.jpg

444489847_1047044820187099_2707815644391619541_n.jpg

Press Print & Video Articles:

Brave Broncos survive Manly comeback in Magic Round thriller

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • Ben Trbojevic was placed on report at Game Time 16:13.
  • No Manly players were charged post-match by the Match Review Committee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan

Journey Man
For context, a few days ago you posted here that you wished we'd forfeit. We ended up losing by a whole 1 point against last year's grand finalists.

Do you still wish we had forfeited?

What, given I knew we'd lose as fact, and stated as such? What are you trying to prove here? I was right, or was it the fact we didn't lose to the DEGREE you assumed we would? Okay, no injuries I hope - but you get that when you put in such a lame dick performance (as the commentators suggested we were putting in).

Yes, I still wish we forfeited. Putting up such a lazy, slow, lethargic effort in what is classed a home game taking us to 40 something percent in winning percentage on the year, and likely sliding to 12th odd.

Yes, I still wish we forfeited, given I was forced to watch having visitors come for drinks just to watch the game (when I'd normally have missed it completely).

I also say the same for next week at Brooky. Auto-loss, and the slide down the ladder further.

EDIT: I was wrong - Lodge gone for 3 months - our rehab team must be working overtime with guys like Brown, Lodge, Turbo, Burbo and others.

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
I mean… just look at how bad that non-attempted charge down was. That epitomises what you’re saying.

I mean, so many are defending that performance, I just don't get how the fans standards are in the bin? 40% win ration last season, same again this season. Let's praise that flaccid performance ? I don't get it.

We'll only get better when the fans and members DEMAND that we get better.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I mean, so many are defending that performance, I just don't get how the fans standards are in the bin? 40% win ration last season, same again this season. Let's praise that flaccid performance ? I don't get it.

We'll only get better when the fans and members DEMAND that we get better.
Unfortunately, losing is the new black at Manly.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Anyone calling it a Qld cup side is kidding...
That was their best forward pack (minus Walters lol).
They were missing Walsh and Reynolds from the backline,us missing Tom and Saab.
We could have folded being down 12,but we got into the grind and got back into the game playing a tough grinding game (that the same whiners have been clamouring for).
No,I was pissed we lost etc...but this side is better than last year...
Anyway..... can't change people's views,just giving mine.
Not perfect,but **** I enjoyed watching that game,edge of my seat for 80 minutes,pissed at the end but will give respect when I see it,just me I guess ....

Nordburg

First Grader
Anyone calling it a Qld cup side is kidding...
That was their best forward pack (minus Walters lol).
They were missing Walsh and Reynolds from the backline,us missing Tom and Saab.
We could have folded being down 12,but we got into the grind and got back into the game playing a tough grinding game (that the same whiners have been clamouring for).
No,I was pissed we lost etc...but this side is better than last year...
Anyway..... can't change people's views,just giving mine.
Not perfect,but **** I enjoyed watching that game,edge of my seat for 80 minutes,pissed at the end but will give respect when I see it,just me I guess ....
And Arthurs

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
What, given I knew we'd lose as fact, and stated as such? What are you trying to prove here? I was right, or was it the fact we didn't lose to the DEGREE you assumed we would? Okay, no injuries I hope - but you get that when you put in such a lame dick performance (as the commentators suggested we were putting in).

Yes, I still wish we forfeited. Putting up such a lazy, slow, lethargic effort in what is classed a home game taking us to 40 something percent in winning percentage on the year, and likely sliding to 12th odd.

Yes, I still wish we forfeited, given I was forced to watch having visitors come for drinks just to watch the game (when I'd normally have missed it completely).

I also say the same for next week at Brooky. Auto-loss, and the slide down the ladder further.

EDIT: I was wrong - Lodge gone for 3 months - our rehab team must be working overtime with guys like Brown, Lodge, Turbo, Burbo and others.

You are entitled to your opinion, but sometimes it reads like you are trauma dumping on everyone else in this forum and it gets pretty irritating to read.

Posting on a supporters forum that you want the sporting team you allegedly support to forfeit in case they might lose is pretty pathetic behaviour.

Very few things in life are certain, this loss was not one of those things.

Last edited:

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
At least we defended a lot better this game. We can build from that. Koula showed he’s the future fullback for the club. Worried their D every time he got the ball. Couple of key moments and we could have been celebrating a gritty win. Gaz kicking out when chez was there in support probably tops the list.
We need to find an alternative to Paulo.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Everyone is so proud of that performance

what a fuking joke

Wake up to yourselves, proud of losing ffs

we are a joke, the dumbest team in the comp

another year we will
miss the 8

Tslog

Manly 1 point behind with 20 seconds to go…..Luke Brooks passes for hit up.
Then next & final play DCE passes for a hit up. 2 🤡 x 1000.

DCE fraud getting exposed continuously.
Koula best game in a while.
Talau better that origin hopeful Staggs, and HO had some good moments.

Cobbo was not that good, it was Manly kick chase that was diabolical.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14