Manly v Cowboys [Round 7 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker said:
Great result and Killer was incredibly happy to get the biscuits. Have a shot at JT all you like folks but he had to be close to MOTM tonight. He moved it left, right, short, long until he found a gap. Foran did the same but not as often. Loved that win and it is a happy Easter for me. Rabs, Sterlo & Gus can eat a big one as their whinge just doesn't affect me.

ManlyBacker well said, but I must say Manly hung back from him like he had a bad smell tonight.

I know he is a great player, but honestly he didn't have the runners off his hip to make an impact. They needed to get in his face and stop being fearful.

He was running and passing away over the advantage line all night. They gave him too much respect I think.

Show me a good loss and I will take a bad win any day over it lol. I'm a glass half full kind of guy, so I guess I take this as a gutsy, resilient win. We were we lucky to get out of jail you could say, but we got the job done.

Definitely not our finest performance but you have to factor in some things such as injuries and last minute shuffling of the team. Also Cowboys did play pretty well also though in some respects we allowed them too.

Two weeks in a row we haven't been at our clinical best, yet we had a 20 point win last week against the Sharks and we came from behind to win by 5 against the Cowboy's. If we did this while not firing on all cylinders you know what we're capable of when we do put it together.

Now was I happy with how we played? Definitely not as we have still have much more room for improvement and a reduction of errors. However we showed a lot of character and determination and self belief to not give up which is a positive in itself.

Overall I say just take the win and be happy with the 2 points. Analyse what we didn't do well and the errors we made and look to make the necessary adjustments. Also look to maintain and improve what we did do well.

Seems like Manly can never score a win over the cowboys with said 'boys whining like stuck pigs.

The media line up to report the outrage and of course...

The nrl stand firm to protect thurstons comments.

Manly - 2 points

wah wah's - nil

Real cowboys would be embarrassed to have their name linked to that team of whiners.

Does anyone truly believe that Tooves would have been happy last night? Yes he would have been glad to come away with the 2 points, but I seriously doubt he would have been impressed with how we played, forced positional changes or not.

Between the time Skivvy scored his try, and up until the last 10 or 15 minutes we really weren't in the game and it was probably more that no matter what Thurston did out there, the Cows just didn't have the cattle to get the job done than it was us being the superior team on the night. This game is played over 80 minutes and its not over until the ref calls an end to the game. We proved that last night. Never give up.

I'm more than happy to take the points, but I also know there are a few teams in the NRL who would have spanked us last night the way we played. But, the main thing is that we really haven't clicked at all this year so far and yet we are still 5-2. I'd much rather that than be 2-5.....

Personally I thought our best out there last night were Gifty and Snake. There is no better site in rugby league than Brett Stewart stretching out and going on a long run like he did to set up Jorge's late try.

I guess Paul Green is going to have to walk nude through Pitt Street because that was a try by Foz and it was called that way. Though in fairness I think we have all seen plenty of tries disallowed for a lot less of an obstruction than we saw last night. A different video ref with a different view of it and maybe it wouldn't have been allowed?

If Greenturd comes out this week and says that the refs got it wrong, especially if anything is mentioned about Snake's so-called forward pass......just remember what that bald headed PoS said only a few weeks ago about Baloney's pass in the GF.....(and just looking at GF highlights, the last pass from Mitchell Piss to Guerra for his try was also what I'd call suspect. Piss passed from a nats privates just inside the 10m line, Guerra caught it half a metre forward of the line...and it wasn't a long pass either, only about 5m at best). That was let go by the refs also.....

The Prince of Brookvale said:
David Williams' defence on that right wing is abysmal

Really, Wolfie was out jumped for 1 - whilst Tafua's side ushered in 3, without any arial acrobatics required :mad:

HappilyManly said:
The Prince of Brookvale said:
David Williams' defence on that right wing is abysmal

Really, Wolfie was out jumped for 1 - whilst Tafua's side ushered in 3, without any arial acrobatics required :mad:

Have to disagree with you there.....

It's "aerial"!

:p:angel:

Some of you blokes just don't get it.This side has NEVER been a team to put big scores on ordinary teams and have often put in ordinary performances over the last decade.You carry on like last nights performance is some sort of major surprise and they will be terribly disappointed,looking themselves in the mirror,hand wringing.....blah blah blah.The fact is we have dished up stuff like this quite a lot and everyone on here knows that.

You guys carry on like it is some sort of rarity and doesn't fit with our lofty standards. The facts are that the best team of the last decade rarely ever puts anyone to the sword.What this team DOES do is lift against the big sides in the big games and this year is no different.Last night means nothing other than two points,it is a long year and Tooves knows just that.Anyone who worries about last nights performance hasn't watch this group of blokes play.They don't accept mediocrity but they don't dwell on it like a mob of Old women.Or hadn't you noticed we have made 4 gfs in 7 years.
Just enjoy the ride:)

I didnt see the game ...i heard a few things...

the main 2 things are -

- 2 points
- coming back from behind while ( playing bad & out of position )

thats good enough for me & the weekend..

From someone that was there last night, after traveling from the QLD bush to see 2 Manly matches, that victory was anything but shallow. It was awesome!
JT ran us around all night. Their huge forwards made so many metres. They were ahead by 10 and somehow Manly turned it on in time to pull off a great come back.
Controversial try? looked fine from where I sat and you have to get yourself in the position to create your own luck.
If Paul Green wants to walk down Pitt St nude, I hope he does it this morning before I fly back to Qld because I'll stand out in my Manly jersey and clap him.

HappilyManly said:
Abyzmal speling when I senze an injystice :p

That reminds me!

Bear in question!! (pic from today - about 100mtrs away)

7wh40qI.jpg

I think wolfie needs his beard back. That's where the strength is!

Maybe our new game plan is have Matai score in the first 5 mins...then fight on from there.

Snake may have been able to dummy and score himself when taufua scored his second, but it was good to see jorge outrun a non prop and snake's hammys survive the game.

We see a lot more of the pre and post game action as the network keeps the feed and....

and and and Rabs said "ASS" before the game!

susan said:
Some of you blokes just don't get it.This side has NEVER been a team to put big scores on ordinary teams and have often put in ordinary performances over the last decade.You carry on like last nights performance is some sort of major surprise and they will be terribly disappointed,looking themselves in the mirror,hand wringing.....blah blah blah.The fact is we have dished up stuff like this quite a lot and everyone on here knows that.

You guys carry on like it is some sort of rarity and doesn't fit with our lofty standards. The facts are that the best team of the last decade rarely ever puts anyone to the sword.What this team DOES do is lift against the big sides in the big games and this year is no different.Last night means nothing other than two points,it is a long year and Tooves knows just that.Anyone who worries about last nights performance hasn't watch this group of blokes play.They don't accept mediocrity but they don't dwell on it like a mob of Old women.Or hadn't you noticed we have made 4 gfs in 7 years.
You're right Susan, we have had an awesome team over the last decade but it has been a rarity to put teams to the sword. We have notoriously struggled against Parra, the Sharks, Titans etc even though they are cellar dwellers.
Reminds me of the Italian soccer team who only used to do enough to scrape into the finals with average performances against the minnows and then somehow lift vs the powerhouse countries.

susan said:

Even though at times its very frustrating watching our team play under their capability.Which force hot headed negative comments by passionate supporters.

you are 100% right , 2 points is the result you want & they definitely raise the bar in big games...

i feel for for the tigers later this year at brookie

Pepi said:
susan said:
They don't accept mediocrity but they don't dwell on it like a mob of Old women.Or hadn't you noticed we have made 4 gfs in 7 years.
Sorry Susan. I think you'll find this older woman sat in front of the telly, cool as a cucumber, knowing that my young Manly blokes wouldn't stop trying til the final siren and a victory was always on the cards. Shame on you, Boy Named Sue!

I keep reading how snakes pass was forward BUT we got an extra 6 tackles.

Didn't any of the journo's see the ball come off a cow-whiners shin?

I'm not convinced that the ball was forward (have since deleted the game).

Is this a case of news journos still slamming the nrl because murdoch isn't running the nrl or the storm anymore?

However...think I'll roll around in those delicious 2 points.

mmmmmmm

Don't the vid ref's give their decisions to the broadcasters anymore?

2 points in the bank that's all that matters at this time of year. This is a very even competition you have to win your home games because there are no easy games especially away from home. Cows were playing for their year last night they tried their best but it wasn't good enough. Hate to see it on here if we lose a few in a row which is a real possibility in this comp.

mickqld said:
This is a very even competition you have to win your home games because there are no easy games especially away from home
I am pleased and impressed that we have the ability to play less than capacity but come up with fighting wins at the death through sheer class and belief.
Storm and, dare I say it, Dogs, have demonstrated those similar abilities so far, coming from behind late to get wins. When you do it repeatedly it is no fluke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7