Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 17, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Holy crap. I go out to vote and come back to find the score is now 46-8.

Show some fight guys. You're playing at home for crying out loud :punch:

Hugh Pratt limping off.

Don't worry it got worse 58-14 Full time.
Have said it before, should consider Wyong's coach Rip Taylor for assistant coach - guy knows how to win.
He's had more success since this article published in the Daily Examiner, Grafton by Chappo in 2008
Link: https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-196129992/a-rugby-league-coach-without-peer-12-premierships

Article excerpt
Byline: Peter Chapman

WHO is the most successful senior grade rugby league coach in Australia? Is it Wayne Bennett, Bob Fulton or maybe Tim Sheens?

Well if you guessed any of those three you were wide of the mark.

The honour of the top senior league coach goes to a person who started his coaching career in the small North Coast township of Bellingen in 1980 and spent four years in Grafton.

Robert 'Rip' Taylor was just 20 years of age when he was named coach of the local Bellingen Magpies and in an amazing start to his career he delivered the town their first premiership in 19 seasons.

The next year he made it back-to-back titles, also winning the prestigious Clayton Cup as the best team in NSW country along the way.

Over the years his career continued to hit the heights and just a few weeks ago his name was up in lights after coaching Wentworthville to the Sydney premiership on grand-final day at ANZ Stadium.

He has won premierships with Bellingen, Grafton, Lakes United, Wyong, Parramatta Reserves and Wentworthville.

In all his record over 28 seasons reads an amazing 12 premierships, 22 grand-final appearances and 25 finals.

Despite his amazing record the former star half-back has never been offered a NRL first grade role as either a head coach or an assistant.

"It was my goal 10 years ago, but now I'm not worried that I may never get the chance," Rip said from his Central Coast base earlier this week.

"I've coached an NRL reserve grade side to victory, but no-one has ever come to me and offered me a top grade chance," he said.

"I suppose that's my problem I haven't gone after a top role, I've been waiting for someone to come to me and that's not the way to make things happen," he said.

His comment was a clear reflection of the sort of man Taylor is. He isn't a person who tries to dominate a scene and is most comfortable sitting back out of the limelight.

You may wonder why I have such an insight into Rip Taylor and his coaching prowess.

The reason is that I played under him in at the Bellingen Magpies in 1980 and 1981 and have carefully watched his amazing progress ever since.

At the time of our first meeting in Bellingen I had just come from playing for Penrith in the Sydney competition.

I was moving rapidly moving towards the twilight of my career while a young Taylor was just starting out.

Having a 20-year-old as your coach in a tough bush competition proved an interesting situation, but any concerns I had about his abilities soon evaporated and it didn't take me long to enjoy playing league with Rip Taylor. …

I don't think we've had a more important game EVER except the 1972 GF to break our premiership cherry. If we lose this then the club will be in total meltdown. Supporters will walk away and may never return especially the young ones. The young generation are impatient and won't stick around losers. If we can't win this one we won't win any more games this year and a young generation of supporters might be lost for good.

I don't think we've had a more important game EVER except the 1972 GF to break our premiership cherry. If we lose this then the club will be in total meltdown. Supporters will walk away and may never return especially the young ones. The young generation are impatient and won't stick around losers. If we can't win this one we won't win any more games this year and a young generation of supporters might be lost for good.

Can't see us winning the next two, it's a maybe only v the Knights and the rest of the games no chance.

If we lose on Monday even the game v the Knights is under threat as we will have lost ( by then) 10 straight.

Can't see us winning the next two, it's a maybe only v the Knights and the rest of the games no chance.

If we lose on Monday even the game v the Knights is under threat as we will have lost ( by then) 10 straight.
That's why we have to win. It's a watershed moment for the club tomorrow night. Turn the season around and show some dignity in the last part of the year so there is something to look forward to next year or the younger support base will walk away. There is simply no excuse for a loss tomorrow night. Even the inevitable officialdom boobery shouldn't matter we should be above that

That's why we have to win. It's a watershed moment for the club tomorrow night. Turn the season around and show some dignity in the last part of the year so there is something to look forward to next year or the younger support base will walk away. There is simply no excuse for a loss tomorrow night. Even the inevitable officialdom boobery shouldn't matter we should be above that

I have a feeling the refs are loving seeing us down, and I'll bet they'll do all they can to add another nail in the coffin.

I hope we win, but honestly I can't see it happening.

I have a feeling the refs are loving seeing us down, and I'll bet they'll do all they can to add another nail in the coffin.

I hope we win, but honestly I can't see it happening.
Well as usual no favours from that fukstick Greenturd by scheduling it on Monday night instead of Sunday arvo so once again no chance of a decent crowd support. Greenturd is doing all the prik can to force us out of Brookie and indeed Sydney.

Well as usual no favours from that fukstick Greenturd by scheduling it on Monday night instead of Sunday arvo so once again no chance of a decent crowd support. Greenturd is doing all the prik can to force us out of Brookie and indeed Sydney.

No doubt the end game, and to be honest I wonder if it's not the Penn's end game ( a buyout by the NRL to move the licence to say Perth under a new name).

Let's say the NRL said to Mr Fluffy, how about 16 million in your account and we take the licence, no one gives a **** about Manly anyway, so you get your big profit and we get our team in Perth.

Doubtful, but could happen.

No doubt the end game, and to be honest I wonder if it's not the Penn's end game ( a buyout by the NRL to move the licence to say Perth under a new name).

Let's say the NRL said to Mr Fluffy, how about 16 million in your account and we take the licence, no one gives a **** about Manly anyway, so you get your big profit and we get our team in Perth.

Doubtful, but could happen.
Imagine if that happened. We'd all have to get together for the funeral service. Those of those left alive that is. I can't imagine life without my Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Imagine if that happened. We'd all have to get together for the funeral service. Those of those left alive that is. I can't imagine life without my Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

I'll say, but as I say doubtful however look around the other clubs and you can't see any basket cases other than the Titans and Knights.

No way they'll just give the coast to the Suns, and Newcastle area is heartland, however Manly......

I'll say, but as I say doubtful however look around the other clubs and you can't see any basket cases other than the Titans and Knights.

No way they'll just give the coast to the Suns, and Newcastle area is heartland, however Manly......
Parra and tigers are basket cases too. Cronulla is going well on field, but wolves are always at the door. It's the way of league.

Parra and tigers are basket cases too. Cronulla is going well on field, but wolves are always at the door. It's the way of league.

Parra have a huge leagues club and lots of backers, but yes Id concur with the Tigers.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8