Pre-Game Manly v Dragons [Round 18, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
Cbus Super Stadium
16 Jul 2021 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly rarely pressure the opposition kickers, with one or two exceptions. It is so noticeable I've almost wondered at times if it is deliberate! Or am I imagining things?
In terms of one per-centers you'd almost have to count kick pressure as a one-point-five or even a two per-center?
The freedom Sullivan and Frawley were given last week in their kicking game was unbelievable . I think Shuster should be the man to get up and in the face of Norman. Leave Hunt to DCE. But if we sit back like last week, it’ll be drop out after drop out, that’s if they dont score from a well measured grubber.

The lube mobile is mobile but I have no desire to see Bulldogs supporters lubed.
Could always substitute the lube for glue
And the look on zoolanders face when he realises
ee8da026518e66f2e7d9451f418da8a3a9af97a0-16x9-x0y75w800h450.jpg

While Des looks on

1540179336619.jpg

Given the comical interactions between Garrick and Suli at the back last week, you can bet the Dragons will be hoisting the ball as high as they can as often as they can. The key to winning will be getting enough possession and field position to offset that.

Given the comical interactions between Garrick and Suli at the back last week, you can bet the Dragons will be hoisting the ball as high as they can as often as they can. The key to winning will be getting enough possession and field position to offset that.
They probably fancy their chances along the ground too, don’t think we were all that great with that either

They probably fancy their chances along the ground too, don’t think we were all that great with that either
Garrick just needs to attack the bombs tonight… I don’t care if he drops them, but DON’T let it bounce.

The boys worked their butts off defending the Raiders and we gifted them a couple of easy and unnecessary tries.

Without Dufty they lose a lot of attacking spark. Norman has his good days but he’s inconsistent.

Pressure the halves, kick well, complete at 80% and we’ll win.

Garrick is putrid at the back and needs to play a lot better than he usually does back there. He also needs to goal kick like a fist string goal kicker should. suli has to start repaying the seemingly misplaced faith. Parker needs to catch and cherry and foran need to direct and build pressure. All players need to respect the ball, make their tackles and show some want. Sounds easy, but I got the feeling we are going to make it look hard, just like last week. However, I will watch where I can. Go manly!

Garrick is putrid at the back and needs to play a lot better than he usually does back there. He also needs to goal kick like a fist string goal kicker should. suli has to start repaying the seemingly misplaced faith. Parker needs to catch and cherry and foran need to direct and build pressure. All players need to respect the ball, make their tackles and show some want. Sounds easy, but I got the feeling we are going to make it look hard, just like last week. However, I will watch where I can. Go manly!
So many people seem to think a decent outside back can easily shift to Fullback and kill it. It's simply not true. Fullback is the most dynamic position on the field and takes years of practice to cover all required bases. Even Tommy had some deficiencies not too long ago. Garrick is improving quickly and is very good at learning from his mistakes. Calling him putrid is reactionary and shortsighted.

Sea Eagles team​

5 Reuben Garrick

2 Jason Saab

3 Brad Parker

4 Morgan Harper

18 Moses Suli

6 Kieran Foran (c)

12 Josh Schuster

8 Taniela Paseka

9 Lachlan Croker

10 Martin Taupau

11 Haumole Olakau'atu

15 Karl Lawton

13 Sean Keppie

Interchange

14 Dylan Walker

16 Kurt De Luis

17 Toafofoa Sipley

21 Cade Cust

Reserve

19 Tevita Funa

I reckon after halftime especially if we are down by points, we just chuck all our strike players on the field. Walker to lock, Cust for Lawton and Schuster back in the second row. Cust Walker Schu Foz and Garrick all combining, surely our attack looks more threatening and we get some points on the back of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11