Game Day: Manly v Easts [Round 22, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes manly, the starting and ending of the first half is exactly what we want. The 20 or so minutes inbetween is our issue. We're back in this. Chooks with a lucky try although Walker and Uate have got to lift defensively, need better spacing on that edge defensively

should have scored again. dont we have a speedster nicknamed turbo that should back up like snake (not that he can learn anything off snake apparently.)

That last play showed absolutely that Cherry is not a naturally instinctive player. You could see the doubt a mile away - and then the inevitable bad decision.

Well the gulf in class is obvious. However 8 points is achievable. Contain Mitchell and focus for the whole half and we are at least a chance.

FFS! DCE continuing his outstanding form of recent weeks. WTF was that pass? Rack that up in his highlight reel along with the strip of him for their try.

He's trying so hard and creating a few things, but really lacking composure and polish at the moment.

Hopefully we now get the huuuuuge breeze.

Still in with a good chance here!

:)

3 tries to 2 guys. If we can play a full 40 we're in with every chance. The boys certainly have much more heart this week, we just need to play ourselves back into form.. and hold onto the bloody ball!!

But the thing with him, he is always in there having a go. Imagine if the guy twice his size on the other edge actually ran the ball with the same effort !!
Agree the effort and enthusiasm is there, but next to farking useless when you have zero impact and get driven into the turf every carry.

Really bad errors from Tom T and Cherry leading to tries is the difference in this one.

Why Cherry didn't go to ground instead of getting up, running again and getting the ball stripped is beyond me. Tom's first tackle turnover was a disaster.

Cherry has been choking since the game against the sharks. Not sure what it is but he's in a form slump at the moment hence why Green is getting most of the ball when we are on the opposition's try line. That play won't do him any good but I hope he finds his spark again soon. Cherry of 6 weeks ago would have put a brilliant grubber in at the death there for uate to pounce on.

He didn't really have any support back on the inside and maybe should have used Lane who was on the outside but probably would have got tackled from behind...I don't think DCE butchered that, it was a half chance given what was going on around him.

I think we played fairly well in that half...the 18-4 score board didnt reflect the way we went toe to toe with the Chooks.

The Roosters just have a lot of fire power and are a good side regardless of whether we are playing well or not.

who the **** was cherry passing to then?
Agree it was a shocker. I haven't seen the replay yet, but WTF was Walker and Uate in support?

Just saw the replay. Walker was coming up the inside, but cramped. However, the biggest disappointment was Uate who just stood with his hands on his hips and didn't bother following up the second phase break. Very poor from him.

Last edited:
Completion rate is not ok. However, most stats are even otherwise, so if we can just complete and compete physically we'll get back in it

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10