Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 1, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bencher
I'm happy with both sides. My days of being an armchair critic before a game is played is long gone. I think Twenty is doing a great job so far, he's never going to please us all. What about that Workers side, got to be hard to beat, and considering the talent on the sideline, I think we are in for a strong year. Much better depth this year.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Was just looking at the other sides named on nrl app and we ain't looking that bad. Injuries will have a huge bearing this season as depth for a lot of these sides runs real thin. Start with a win this week and build from there. Can't wait for Sunday!!

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Service to the halves should be foremost on the minds of the dummy halves and nothing else. We have a really good halves pairing on paper and I'm sure will be on the field but the ball they get is crucial to get us rolling.
At least they have Cullen and Hastings breathing down their necks if they don't.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I think we hold our own in the forwards but our backs will need to be on in defence because Norman, Jennings, Radradra, and Takairangi can murder us on their own...throw in French who seems to just pop up when it matters most and we have danger with a capital D.

Hot debate regarding Taupau...pros and cons for both front and back row...I tend to think he is wasted wide of the ruck. Sure he will make the odd big run that looks spectacular and run over a couple of centres but the game is won and lost in the middle and we need our most powerful runner of the ball to play ten pin bowling with the opposition...if he can get us up the field and get up and play the ball quickly, that will be more helpful than one or two big fends against smaller players.

Personally I think this is the best team that Baz could name at this stage...Lussick and Hastings being the only additions that I would like to see in future. Hastings can take Brown's spot on the bench when he earns his spot and Lussick obviously is injured.

D

Deleted member 26876

Very happy to see Kelly and Perrett get a run. I think this is a sensible side to start the season. Whilst Hasting would be in my full strength side, I totally expected him to miss out given his interrupted pre-season; however, I expect we will see him by about round 4/5. I think Brown will have to fire from the bench, or will lose his spot pretty quickly.

Once you add Darcy and Hastings to the squad it starts to look like a genuine finals footy team. I also think Uate will need to be on point as I fully expect Parker to be putting pressure on our backline by mid season.
Actually that's spot on, almost no side you see in rd 1 stay that way (bar injury) in rd 26. The side will constantly change throughout the year and we have a fair few options. Hopefully one will be the perfect match. No reason for me to have been disappointed.

Also guys, here's some info on Winterstein for this season. Added plenty of weight and will be raring to go, the hard work has paid off, thoroughly deserved, a manly man indeed

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...s/news-story/49eadca2d008cd9338c22548678afd5b

D

Deleted member 26876

I am very concerned with our forwards and backs. Our halves are better than the eels.
I think the players we got in the forwards are more than capable. Big bench, we'd usually have lussick although Brenton Lawrence is never one to shy away. Will be one of the best players out there, gives his all. Myles will be better as will brown as they both know how **** they were last year, brown to a less extent. Sironen, Taupau, Lawrence, Perrett, Trbojevic will be strong and skilful. AFB and hopefully Myles will be strong off the bench (Myles might be shocking again though) and Winterstein will show us what he's got

Backline is brilliant IMO, Uate may fail but if he comes good we'd have Trbo state of origin, International future fullback/winger, Taufua Tongan International, Walker State of Origin Centre Australian International, Kelly a future star if all goes good and Uate a Nsw Blues and Australian International Winger. I don't see how this is not a capable backline?

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Fkn Brown...i was hoping he was headed to Blacktown...nevertheless he will bring himself undone and we can get Cullen or Hastings in there. Wintersteins got a hot missus, so I can understand 20 picking him....apart from that all good......ready to go!

Mac Man

Reserve Grader
Forget the run on side as crazy as that sounds... I always like to look at the bench to see the strength in the team. This years bench looks so much stronger than last years bench with the exception of possibly Lewis brown but I do think he is more suited to the bench role to be the utility and hopefully this year he steps up.

Will be good to see AFB, Myles and Perrett off the bench to hopefully add some impact

Garts

First Grader
Side seems pretty much the best we can pick with injuries. When i look at who missed out i can't say anyone should feel hard done by. Players like Cullen and Hastings etc need to prove themselves first.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
If Api hasn't learned to pass then he simply cannot be our 9.
And yet here we are, our coach has not only selected the worst dummy half in the comp to be our dummy half, but he has selected Lewis Brown on the bench. It seems much has been learnt from last seasons selections.

In keeping with my commitment to positivity until the inevitable losses begin to mount, I'm going to call this a selection masterstroke from a future supercoach.

Clay

Bencher
As Sunday draws closer I am getting increasing optimistic. There are flaws in our side, I worry about the service and errors from API, Kelly in defence, we aren't looking like a team who will be safe under The high ball, Brown.
The Eels have their problems too but there backline has a lot of strike power, going to have to win the battle for field position and that starts with our forwards and kicking game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14