Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just think it is way to simplistic to blame the coach and not the players. Yes we had chances to win the game but at what point are the players accountable? Tom t had the kind of game Brett would get slated about...just like Jamie b did (imagine if that was myles....)
The team lost by a point and several of the players played poorly. Maybe there were coaching errors but I fail to see how it all comes down to one individual

Don't worry mate it isn't all Barrett, It is also a lot of the sham players he brought with him to the club that are below average. Seems the guys we had that were already here are the great players. Even ones like Buhrer who they apparently tried to move on. Gutherson would have been extremely useful if the kept him. Some really dumb decisions made last year in recruitment.

Agree. Horrible. Any Holden cup player would have been better than Lewis Brown and i doubt Nate Myles showed much heart in staying off the field against Parra.
It's not good enough and now they are ready to do it all again going after Whare and Green.
NYEagle

Have never said Barrett is a great coach, never even said he is a good coach. Just don't see the need to bag the bloke and blame every single nonsense on him.

Simplistic statements like no excuses and well coached teams win are puerile and childish.

By your logic our 40-0 win over Melbourne is proof Bellamy can't coach, or was the fact Smith didn't play an acceptable excuse.

To be fair to BOZO that 40-0 loss was a one off, If this was Barrett's only poor showing than we wouldn't have a thing to say about him. Coaches don't win or lose games but they do set teams and players up for success usually by giving them some sort of a game plan.

But according to you, no excuses, a well coached team would have overcome us and won in 2008.

If DCE, a veteran half, a SOO and Australian rep, couldn't work out he was too shallow and the defence racing up and adjust, I blame DCE, not Barrett. And as some suggest Barrett didn't notice is too stupid for words.
So let me get this right.
DCE has gone from a premiership winning halfback & Clive Churchill winning halfback in a beaten side to a chump who doesn't know where to stand in attack and Barrett has gone from a Chump coach who couldn't get a dual premiership winning 20's side into the top 8 in his year in charge to a supercoach who knows whats wrong but it's all the players fault. Who is making comments that are too stupid for words now?

So let me get this right.
DCE has gone from a premiership winning halfback & Clive Churchill winning halfback in a beaten side to a chump who doesn't know where to stand in attack and Barrett has gone from a Chump coach who couldn't get a dual premiership winning 20's side into the top 8 in his year in charge to a supercoach who knows whats wrong but it's all the players fault. Who is making comments that are too stupid for words now?

Only if you have more long bows than were used at Agincourt.

Bellamy has a proven history that he can coach . Use your logic Woodsie ! The 40-Nil win for us was a win from a primed up team and Smith would not have made a difference to us wining that day . The fact is excuses don't improve teams only solutions do . I am and have been a financial member of our great club for years and I am entitled to my opinion as you are feathered friend .
Some things in life are really that simple Woodsie , like Walker is a liability at 5/8 but after 21 rounds Barrett still cant see that .
View attachment 4098

He has proven he can win more wooden spoons than Barrett so far

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8