Pre-Game Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t let them dack us at home, every games must win, so that’s a dumb commentary.

Think we win this regardless how determined they come, it’s our house, we kind of owe them and ourselves after the first encounter, a few boys out to impress for origin, the vibe is humming nicely and we have a really good opportunity to consolidate our spot on the ladder, sniffing around the 4.

Plus I fuking hate that club, loosing, just not an option, hopefully we drive the boot in while their …! Thumping them would definitely get me in the mood, really looking forward to the game. I’ll take the 2 points from last week, but it was a bit of a come down after the previous 2 games, looking forward to a big one back home.

Well this game can go either of two ways.

They’ll be completely demoralised and it’ll be a shut out , our way.

Or , they’ll be like we were after that Dragons fiasco , gritty & determined to win at all costs , throwing everything bar the kitchen sink at us.

I’m picking option 2.

May not be as easy as we think.
Nah! This one is at the Brooky fortress…. We will bring the boys home!

Take it easy MfB

Last edited:

Or , they’ll be like we were after that Dragons fiasco , gritty & determined to win at all costs , throwing everything bar the kitchen sink at us.

I’m picking option 2.

Agree, always worry about the "bounce back" effect. Happens many times after a team is flogged.

We need to win this game on the back of good defence and discipline. We need to starve them of good field position and keep them pinned in their corners.

We don't want to thrash then by to many, id hate to see Brad Arthur lose his job at the squeels. He's the gift that keeps on giving, 11 years under his tutelage and nothing, nada, zip, diddly squat.
No that would be terrible .... I'd like a repeat of this score ... love Rueben's steamrolling of Gutho in scoring a superb try

I know we won up on the Gold Coast mate, but in my opinion, WE need a kind of bounce back game too, to show we have the mental fortitude to sure up our defense & attitude.

I know we won up on the Gold Coast mate, but in my opinion, WE need a kind of bounce back game too, to show we have the mental fortitude to sure up our defense & attitude.

Agree absolutely. I wouldn't say that our performance was miles ahead of the Eels last week despite what the scoreboard says. Very close to a loss to a Titans team that is arguably the worst in the comp and Parra have been put under the spotlight by their coach for lack of effort. Defensively that's by far the worst we've been all year, it's us who need to bounce back also.

I’m picking option 2.

Weren’t we ambushed by the Titans last week @Mark from Brisbane ? The way we screwed down our defence in the ladt 20 minutes on Saturday with an underdone pack suggests we are made of tougher stuff in 2024.

I also disagree again with the glass half empty view of scenario 2 against Parra.

The eels collapsed last week, have lost their dominant playmaker, the captain is on one or two dodgy knees, their pack is underperforming and they have thrown a debutant into the halves for an away game against their fiercest rivals.

We on the other hand have not lost the last three games against two premiership contenders and missing only two top line players in Tof and Brbo. We have sold out every home match and are bringing back the fortress vibe.

I know which team I’m backing and it’s not the perennial losers!

This is 2024! Go Manly.

Agree absolutely. I wouldn't say that our performance was miles ahead of the Eels last week despite what the scoreboard says. Very close to a loss to a Titans team that is arguably the worst in the comp and Parra have been put under the spotlight by their coach for lack of effort. Defensively that's by far the worst we've been all year, it's us who need to bounce back also.
Go back and watch the last 20 minutes against the titans, our defence kicked in when it mattered.

In the past few years we would collapse and lose that. Even against the Wahs SJs kick into Oshay brought us undone at their home ground.

I’ve never in my many years seen NRL officials so scared of home teams. Just look at the Koula try at Brookie a few weeks back.

Weren’t we ambushed by the Titans last week @Mark from Brisbane ? The way we screwed down our defence in the ladt 20 minutes on Saturday with an underdone pack suggests we are made of tougher stuff in 2024.

I also disagree again with the glass half empty view of scenario 2 against Parra.

The eels collapsed last week, have lost their dominant playmaker, the captain is on one or two dodgy knees, their pack is underperforming and they have thrown a debutant into the halves for an away game against their fiercest rivals.

We on the other hand have not lost the last three games against two premiership contenders and missing only two top line players in Tof and Brbo. We have sold out every home match and are bringing back the fortress vibe.

I know which team I’m backing and it’s not the perennial losers!

This is 2024! Go Manly.
Didn’t say I wasn’t backing the Eagles , but did say , I expect the Eels to bounce back and that I don’t expect to see a shut out game by us !!

The key words from your post feathered are Bounce Back

And a very appropriate quote about bouncing back
from The Great General George S Patton

Take it away George ....
SUCCESS IS HOW HIGH YOU BOUNCE
WHEN YOU HIT ROCK BOTTOM
1713933073635.png

Go back and watch the last 20 minutes against the titans, our defence kicked in when it mattered.

In the past few years we would collapse and lose that. Even against the Wahs SJs kick into Oshay brought us undone at their home ground.

I’ve never in my many years seen NRL officials so scared of home teams. Just look at the Koula try at Brookie a few weeks back.
Leaking 30 points against the Titans, no matter what stage of the game you leak them, is small consolation to me.

Our best defence almost always comes at Brookie with a big crowd roaring us on, so that should be enough to turn it around. I fear too often we have a top 4 attack and a bottom 8 defence.

We will go in for the kill. If we are ever going to get another big win over Parra this is the time. We almost have our full strength squad now. Almost as good as it is ever going to get this year. Parra are only at around 70% at best with Moses out. We are at around 95%. This will surely equate to a dominant 13pts + win.

Manly 30 Parra 12

Obviously we could absolutely demolish them if we are on our game but who knows what the refs will do to try and stop a runaway victory. God help Parra if Tom gets back to his destructive best. He's still been racking up some nice stats but still only 60-70% of what he's shown he is capable of. I think 36-6 has a nice ring to it. Terry would love that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8