Post-Game Discussion Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
32 4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Really enjoyed the game, I was upset in the first half, but loved the turnaround. Good teams can do this.

Reading this thread it seems most people are full of angst about the performance. I’m not, parra were always going to bounce back and they are now used to not having Moses. I knew it would be a tough game.

Ch 9 was good for a change (seems most on here watched fox?), Gould and Joey loved the Dce pass to Saab, and did a whole post game segment just on that pass! JT very complementary about manly’s performance too.

The whole post show was manly, interviews with both turbos, brooksy, brown, then in the sheds with Garrick, Croker and Saab. All manly and all positive.

Eels pride themselves on their toughness in the middle.
Best part of that game was we outplayed them through the middle,Paseka Aloiai Brown put Gillard Ofahengaue and Paulo to shame.
Lodge was solid but a little quiet,got to give him a little time...
This guy still on a train and trial deal? Seems enthusiastic, might be worth signing up (even just for entertainment value)

Really enjoyed the game, I was upset in the first half, but loved the turnaround. Good teams can do this.
Yep. The 2024 Manly side doesn’t get phased when behind on the scoreboard. Already have fought back from behind v Souths (x 3 times!) v Eels at Commbank, v Panthers, v Titans x 3 times, and now twice last night v Eels

Shows good spirit and confidence. The defence will improve (yeah it will have to) but all the players can tackle so that's a plus.

On One Eyed Eels, they are going off deluxe on Tommy being offside from the kick, and the ensuing penalty to us. ah ah..good square up from the cat Mosses doing a not drowning waving impression walking into Jake 4 weeks ago.

I laughed during Brad Arthur’s press conference when he said at the time of Sivo’s binning,the Eels were ahead 4 tries to 3.A real throw back to Paul McGregor’s delusional days of saying the opposition only scored tries from kicks and bat backs,despite still losing

He’s clearly not 100%.

We have all seen him at his best and this current form feels like 45%.

It must be a weird injury like lower back or ribs because he fails to commit quite often which is not in his makeup.
I wonder if it's a strategic approach by the club: play the percentages and keep turbo on the paddock. Avoid higher risk actions.

He's second in the dally m and first in the zero tackle equivalent + we are top 5 on the table.

It’s not “ the Slime “
It’s not “ Doesn’tmatta”
It’s not the “Squeals”

No they’ve got a new name now

“ The Flappers “

**** me , every single tackle that cat Gutho or others , flapping their arms , whinging to the ref , trying to get a penalty on EVERY single play.

Maybe if they spent less time flapping and more time playing they’d win some games.

I wonder if it's a strategic approach by the club: play the percentages and keep turbo on the paddock. Avoid higher risk actions.

He's second in the dally m and first in the zero tackle equivalent + we are top 5 on the table.
That’s my take, I believe we’ve changed the way we play so it’s not as reliant on Turbo. Smart coaching.

Well I'd rather this version of turbo for 27 rounds than 2021 version for 5 rounds. He can save himself all he likes for finals footy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8