Manly v Norths: the 60-year feud lives on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
Jake Lingard will carry Manly's hopes. P

Just watching the GF again on DVD (2gb commentary) - Matt Ballin Grandfather use to play/live in Manly and is a Lingard.  I wonder if Jake & Matt are related?

Dan link said:
so who won?

Manly only survived because of Max Delmege.  If he hadn't come along a provided the money Manly would have been on the scrapheap along with norths.  If Max had been a norths supporter instead of Manly then the roles would have been reversed.  Don;t forget that Manly were 24 hours away from folding.

Now Max and Penn have rescued the leagues club as well.  Manly supporters owe these two gentlemen eternal gratitude for keeping Manly in the NRL.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178973.msg204219#msg204219 date=1228962136]
so who won?

Manly only survived because of Max Delmege.  If he hadn't come along a provided the money Manly would have been on the scrapheap along with norths.  If Max had been a norths supporter instead of Manly then the roles would have been reversed.  Don;t forget that Manly were 24 hours away from folding.

Now Max and Penn have rescued the leagues club as well.  Manly supporters owe these two gentlemen eternal gratitude for keeping Manly in the NRL.
[/quote]

I was not aware Delmege saved Manly. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Garts link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178973.msg204244#msg204244 date=1229033517]
so who won?

[/quote]

I was not aware Delmege saved Manly. Thanks for pointing that out. 
[/quote]

Consider it my effort to be part of Rudd's education revolution.  Or possibly his war against ilitieracy?

speaking of King Kevs somewhat bent education revolution.

Norths asked to be considered part of the "stolen generation".

but nobody wanted them back.....

Fro link said:

Norths asked to be considered part of the \"stolen generation\".

Doesn't Manly want another feeder club?  Parramatta and Norths.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=178973.msg204251#msg204251 date=1229043487]

[/quote]
year right we want norths
like my scrotum wants crabs

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178973.msg204252#msg204252 date=1229046323]

[/quote]
[/quote]

This weeks screaming eagle boys pizza - crab pizza. 

tookey link said:
so who won?

[/quote]  So your point is Manly had supporters and Norths didn't.  Tell us something we don't know.

Matabele link said:
so who won?

[/quote]  So your point is Manly had supporters and Norths didn't.  Tell us something we don't know.
[/quote]

Norths had supporters but not one that wanted to bankroll a football club.  Our supporters were too busy buying income producing pubs like the steyne hotel right in the heart of manly territory.

At least he has the comfort of knowing that manly supporters contibute to his wealth every day.

Cliffy Gc link said:

[/quote]
[/quote]

like my scrotum wants crabs............again :)

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178973.msg204278#msg204278 date=1229154433]
so who won?

[/quote]

Norths had supporters but not one that wanted to bankroll a football club.  Our supporters were too busy buying income producing pubs like the steyne hotel right in the heart of manly territory.

At least he has the comfort of knowing that manly supporters contibute to his wealth every day.
[/quote]  So what you're saying is your handful of supporters just don't care.  And the bloke serving beers to Manly supporters, well at least he's serving people who have a club to support and a trophy cabinet to speak of.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178973.msg204280#msg204280 date=1229158060]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178973.msg204278#msg204278 date=1229154433]
so who won?

[/quote]

[/quote]  So what you're saying is your handful of supporters just don't care.  And the bloke serving beers to Manly supporters, well at least he's serving people who have a club to support and a trophy cabinet to speak of.
[/quote]

No the handful of Norths supporters who remain do care about the team and about getting back into the NRL.

What I meant to say was that the couple of wealthy supporters who could actually bankroll the club like Delmage and Penn did to Manly have chosen to put their money into investments which will actually provide a financial return opposed to a football club which will never provide a financial return only a spiritual one. 

These "richer" supporters have acknowledged that norths are dead and will never return unlike those who think that a central coast bears term will be the old norths which it will never be.

A central coast team is a pipedream at this stage as i cannot see how they could raise the money to start a venture without substantial financial support from the NRL. 

So what you're saying is that the one or two Norths supporters had to earn some money whereas Manly's supporters have oodles of cash anyway so they can invest in things emotionally and still go forwards.

Matabele link said:
So what you're saying is that the one or two Norths supporters had to earn some money whereas Manly's supporters have oodles of cash anyway so they can invest in things emotionally and still go forwards.

One or two norths suppporters chose to invest their money into something that will actually provide a financial return as they couldn't see a return for their money if they invested in norths. No financial return or a trophy. 

The rest of the supporters live in harbourside masions and don't want to sell them to fund a football team (asset rich and cash flow poor).  The place would be noisy and full of drunks.

It was a huge decision for Delmage and Penn to put millions into the football club to win a premiership.  Maybe they will get a return on their money if they float the football club but that it a big maybe. 

Similalrly I don't understand why they would put $15m into buying the leagues club premises.  I can't see that no matter what they do to it people won't go there as it is is in a poor position. 

I have heard that they want to redevelop the site into a commercial/residential development incorporating the leagues club similar to what the Dee Why hotel is doing and what the Sands has done.

The Sands is a failure as a hotel and I cant see Dee Why being any more sucessful.  Who would want to live in a unit on a busy main road with a club in the developement? 

Fro link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=178973.msg204253#msg204253 date=1229046937]

[/quote]
[/quote]

like my scrotum wants crabs............again :)
[/quote]
gees fro
if u already have crabs you may want to stay away from places like chard rd :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6