Game Day: Manly v Parra [Round 7, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don't understand how people can hang this on Barrett.

The penalty count is not his doing.
The incomplete sets are not his doing.

We should have scored first but the bunker disallowed what was a legitimate try. Look at what that grub Slater got away with.
He's the coach, simon64, and the buck has to stop somewhere. Like it or not, he's responsible for the performance of each individual in the team as well as the team as a whole. Team harmony, attitude, game plan, attention to detail (which includes not giving away penalties and completing sets) - it's all part of the coach's job description. It's a tough job, sure, but that's what he's paid to do.
And it's not like our failings are a mystery. This week was pretty much a repeat of last week, and that was pretty much a repeat of week 1. Even our wins have been unconvincing - the numbers look good, but we played against two of the worst teams in the comp at their lowest ebb and had everything go in our favour. As soon as one little thing goes against us, we fold. Barrett seems to know this but has absolutely no idea how to fix it. He's looking for excuses and not solutions.
And that disallowed try came about because Thompson wasn't smart enough - or well coached enough - to run through the line.

DCE & Tom T were woeful today in defense ... Jack G also got stepped but was not helped by DCE's poor reads ... @:cry:@:cry:

I honestly thought that we would win today against a winless team that never tasted victory this season and never looked like beating any of the teams they played . The rest is history and unless we see any changes from what we have been seeing from our team our season is history as well .

My observations about todays game, Watching it lived, for 25 minutes there was strong resolve and defiance about the ridiculous penalty count and the thing that turned the match was the disallowed try to Brian Kelly, from there, the team dropped their bundle and to concede two late tries in the first half killed us. The team is feeling sorry for itself and too many guys are just not at the races at the moment. It was painful to watch them play into form a team they smashed 5 weeks ago!! Today was always going to be about our attitude, for 25 minutes the resolve was good and then it went to water and we crumbled badly. Surely the lesson is this, the club needs to be honest with the fans and members, we are in an age where the truth will come out eventually and you cant treat us like mugs!! It is obvious that the team is not together and there needs to be a serious look at where we are right now??

If this game had been played at Brookvale would we have seen this team booed off at half time for the second week in a row?

I was at the game today and with 10 minutes to go there was about 20 Manly fans left.

With how they are playing at the moment they will be lucky to hit a crowd of 5000 this Friday night.

I was at the game today and with 10 minutes to go there was about 20 Manly fans left.

With how they are playing at the moment they will be lucky to hit a crowd of 5000 this Friday night.
Are there really 5,000 fools out there?

Sea Eagles Casualty Ward
Brad Parker (knee) – 4-6 weeks
Jorge Taufua (collarbone) – Rd 12
Curtis Sironen (knee) – season
Kelepi Tanginoa (knee) – season

FoxNRL are really laying on the doom and gloom.:tmi:

Reality is that Manly lost Jorge, Siro and Kelepi from the 54-0 win, so its not the same 17 this round @:cool:

Manly crossed for 5 tries (2 disallowed and 1 knocked out over the line) yesterday to Parra's 8 and we were a basket case @:rolleyes:

#Crisis

My ex is a parramatta supporter, I awoke to this.

Attachments

• IMG_6350.jpg
    IMG_6350.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 28
Sea Eagles Casualty Ward
Brad Parker (knee) – 4-6 weeks
Jorge Taufua (collarbone) – Rd 12
Curtis Sironen (knee) – season
Kelepi Tanginoa (knee) – season
If they had the medicab to Siro, instead of making him hobble around the field, he'd be back next week.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10