Game Day: Manly v Rabbids [Round 20, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I watched the second half of the Warriors game again to marvel at the boys outstanding defensive effort. I also wanted to see if there was some positive play from Blake Leary that I missed. Despite having fresh legs he made absolutely zero impact on attack. Smashed at the line and driven back on every one of his few hit ups. This despite the ball carrier before him bending past the defensive line. Matthew Wright also hits it up after Leary's effort and manages to make about ten metres. His defence was ok, nothing spectacular but ok. He offers zilch and was lucky not to be penalised in a tacke when Manly had the Warriors pinned in there own twenty. Coming on fresh late in the second half he should be making metres in attack. Surely? Am I missing something here?

Gutsy effort in Perth.

I do think we can beat the Rabbits but I think its going to be very close.

Don't underestimate the fact we played in atrocious conditions which will make the boys leg weary the last quarter of this game. Plus the travel.

Us by 4.

Could be salary cap issues here but I'd put knight in. Get him back up there asap for another taste.

Pretty much the team I expected Barrett to name.

Brown in the centres as without Walker we need someone there.

Myles on the bench with AFB the odd-man out. Leary gets a reprieve because going with 4 props on the bench is a dangerous way to go.

No surprises.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
For me

This is one of those games I hate.

Since we have won 2 games in a row everyone is talking us up in the media , we will go in favourites on Monday night and will be playing a very desperate Souths unit.

We all know Souths are going to get 60% possession , all the 50/50 calls will go there way and they will easily win the penalty count.

I feel this is going to be a very close game ,I expect us to win by only by a very slim margin.

This game has ambush by Souths written all over it but I hope we do win , going to game live with family and sitting in bay 17, Souths have given us away fans a very poor bay.

Let's end the vermin season for good on Monday. Manly by 4

Last edited:
wait a minute @HappilyManly Someone actually complained about you advertising the lower grades unless you link to them?

**deleted**

**deleted**

I don't get it.

edit: anyway...Go Manly!

Last edited:
Pretty much the team I expected Barrett to name.

Brown in the centres as without Walker we need someone there.

Myles on the bench with AFB the odd-man out. Leary gets a reprieve because going with 4 props on the bench is a dangerous way to go.

No surprises.
Why is that dangerous??? If we need a utility we move Buhrer and slot one of those big fellas into the backrow. The souffs pack is still huge and could well run over the top of Leary, Buhrer et al.

Why is that dangerous??? If we need a utility we move Buhrer and slot one of those big fellas into the backrow. The souffs pack is still huge and could well run over the top of Leary, Buhrer et al.

I see your logic at work there and you are correct. If there is an injury in the backs then easy to move Green or Buhrer and move Taupau to the back row.

Does the coaching staff see that as well?

While I agree lightweight Lewis is an absolute lemon as per my previous posts, he did make 41 tackles against the Warriors.
Reality is he is the best choice at the moment behind little rabbit Walker and is critical to shore up the defensive line despite his lack of his attacking ability.
If you watch the game again from last week, Brad Parker looked might shaky in the second half. He got away with it, but against the Rabbits who will clearly be fired up, such chances cannot be taken IMHO.
NYEagle

I think I noticed killer and brown swapping around in defense to compensate for Lewis speed issues at centre on D. It's not a bad option.

And in the first half, defensively, Lyon was playing centre and Brown on his inside. This worked well as they hunted together and kept Kata at bay.
Ahh I thought so. I saw Lyon making a few tackles further out wide than he would at 5/8. It worked well for us there and should hold up for us until door puncher is back.

I see your logic at work there and you are correct. If there is an injury in the backs then easy to move Green or Buhrer and move Taupau to the back row.

Does the coaching staff see that as well?
It's hard to know what the coaching staff see, they have baffled me many times this season.

What a mobile pack some of the coaches here are going for

1 injury and we could have
Lussick
Api
Taupua
AFB
Vave
Jake

Game plan for souffs = pass the ball then run through the huge gap

What a mobile pack some of the coaches here are going for

1 injury and we could have
Lussick
Api
Taupua
AFB
Vave
Jake

Game plan for souffs = pass the ball then run through the huge gap

I think it would need more than one injury for that to happen.

I think we only received 2nd tier cap dispensation until a top 25 player (Williame) returned - I don't think we can play Parker even if we wanted to.
OK. So where is he in the two lower grades this week? He's not listed as being injured, or don't the powers to be worry about the lower grades?

OK. So where is he in the two lower grades this week? He's not listed as being injured, or don't the powers to be worry about the lower grades?
I don't know; however, if he is uninjured, he could be on standby for another player who might be under an injury cloud that we aren't aware of?

I watched the second half of the Warriors game again to marvel at the boys outstanding defensive effort. I also wanted to see if there was some positive play from Blake Leary that I missed. Despite having fresh legs he made absolutely zero impact on attack. Smashed at the line and driven back on every one of his few hit ups. This despite the ball carrier before him bending past the defensive line. Matthew Wright also hits it up after Leary's effort and manages to make about ten metres. His defence was ok, nothing spectacular but ok. He offers zilch and was lucky not to be penalised in a tacke when Manly had the Warriors pinned in there own twenty. Coming on fresh late in the second half he should be making metres in attack. Surely? Am I missing something here?

depends how the coach uses him ! he played some very good games under Toovey

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4