Game Day: Manly v Rabbids [Round 20, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The team is growing and learning some hard lessons.
The momentum shift early in the second half was incredibly dramatic, on a simple error, compounded by penalties, and next minute they're staring at another Penrith disaster.
Needed a little luck to hang on, but mostly it was grit and determination.
Yea the Penrith game came to my mind also.At half time all sorts off stuff was going through my head.A lot off what if's both good and bad.We need to smash the Knights as much as we can as our for and against might come into play this year as it looks to be a tight one for eighth spot so far.

Half pissed. Shouldn't be. Gotta work tmoz. Suck s*it rabbitohs that try made up a about a quarter of the dodgy calls we got.
GO MANLY !!!!

Wow that was an interesting game...
On the positive side I'm loving the effort and the passion and Manly are truly hunting as a team and have a desire to win. The Trobjs have been magnificent and throw in big efforts by Tafua and Api.
But wow on the negative side that game was concerning. Just a complete lack of structure in attack. It looked like there were 13 forwards out there, just no threatening structure other than Tommy from the back, and the Keiry/Reynolds combo outpointed our halves and had much better structure around them than Manly did.
There is no simple answer, but in a nutshell the majority of this team is SLOW. The play the balls are too slow and there is no speed around the ruck. As well as Api has played, we need Parcell back now and get Api as the utility in place of lightweight Lewis who again was awful tonight. I just can't stand him anymore, and he looks like he is trying his heart out. He is just not a quality player. Api is also just too neurotic in dummy half and the assessment of the others is right - great tackler, great effort - but not via passes at dummy half. No.
Poor Cherry is also starved of impact. There is no depth in the attacking line, and Killer is too individual as a half it seems but it's the best on offer. Please get back Dylan we need your speed. Gee I'd almost want him back in the halves, just to add some speed to the backline, but I understand its too much of a risk.
This team has been slow and clunky all year in attack bar some bright starts to games. But I can't see an easy solution. Perhaps Parcell back and a fresh Api injected later into games might improve things. This team needs a quality ball playing half next year to complement Cherry.
Still for now, its better to have a whinge about a win than a loss and it keeps Manly alive. Go Manly!.
NYEagle

On the positive side I'm loving the effort and the passion and Manly are truly hunting as a team and have a desire to win. The Trobjs have been magnificent and throw in big efforts by Tafua and Api.
But wow on the negative side that game was concerning. Just a complete lack of structure in attack. It looked like there were 13 forwards out there, just no threatening structure other than Tommy from the back, and the Keiry/Reynolds combo outpointed our halves and had much better structure around them than Manly did.
There is no simple answer, but in a nutshell the majority of this team is SLOW. The play the balls are too slow and there is no speed around the ruck. As well as Api has played, we need Parcell back now and get Api as the utility in place of lightweight Lewis who again was awful tonight. I just can't stand him anymore, and he looks like he is trying his heart out. He is just not a quality player. Api is also just too neurotic in dummy half and the assessment of the others is right - great tackler, great effort - but not via passes at dummy half. No.
Poor Cherry is also starved of impact. There is no depth in the attacking line, and Killer is too individual as a half it seems but it's the best on offer. Please get back Dylan we need your speed. Gee I'd almost want him back in the halves, just to add some speed to the backline, but I understand its too much of a risk.
This team has been slow and clunky all year in attack bar some bright starts to games. But I can't see an easy solution. Perhaps Parcell back and a fresh Api injected later into games might improve things. This team needs a quality ball playing half next year to complement Cherry.
Still for now, its better to have a whinge about a win than a loss and it keeps Manly alive. Go Manly!.
NYEagle
I think it's fair to say the backs a still a little out of sorts but we also have Williame and Honk Brown in the centres.

I was smiling to myself at halftime,then I was thinking here we go again.they got on the bus and went home.
Can't blame TB for that 18 point lapse.
Great opening half,good finish,but,they still have a ways to go as a team to dent the top 8:rocket:

Capture.JPG

How is it that we all saw the match and reckon Brown can't tackle, yet he is credited with making 29 tackles and missing only one? Killer made 15, DCE 16, Williarmy 9 etc. And people say statistics don't lie.
Oh, and I don;t agree with your assessment of Api. I reckon he is great; 100% heart who made some incredible one-on-one tackles.

emotion clouds ones judgement

NYEagle
As it has been stated before we are in the rebuilding process and that is the hardest part of what is now the manly team and it is going to take a while yet.Rugby league is a simple game and the solution is simple but it's weather the team accepts that or not and what I mean by that is that we need to gel in more ways than one and that's all apart of rebuilding.I think we are doing the right thing in not spending anymore big bucks and going with what we have.That's always been the manly way.You made some valid points and as we gain in confidence the speed will pick up. I too feel that cherry is a little starved but it is his 5th tackle options that will feed the whole team and that is more important.Good post mate.

Given where we were at the start of the season to where the team is now i am really happy with the win!! Don't care about the disallowed try that should have been a try, or 'we were lucky to get the win and need to improve' etc. Fact is we were such a long shot to be in the top 8 not too long ago and now we even dare to dream is incredible!! As frustrating as it was when Brown dropped that ball on a potential break in the 2nd half, when they crossed to the box and Baz lost it was a very pleasing sight.

Whatever transpired earlier the season won't be known to us but it seems TB is his own man and is shown in the way the team scramble in defence to help each other. I wasn't sold on TB and still unsure about his long term future but he has my respect and support as he is showing passion and has helped the team turn a corner.

He was right in his presser that the team should only be focusing on the week ahead and not getting ahead of themselves especially with the Knights.

As long as the team keep turning up week after week i will be happy. A win is great but seeing the team really having a proper dig is the best part of all as there was period when it looked like no one cared.

Go Manly!!

The tele article about the game calls this an equalizing try! Despite it being disallowed, and only being worth 4 points if it had been allowed. Obviously Reynolds would have kicked it, definitely. 100%.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8