Post-Game Discussion Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Rabbitohs
36 Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 13:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Today was the first Double Header to open an NRL Season since 2000. On that occasion 62,255 showed up to Stadium Australia to see the Sharks beat the Dragons and the Chooks beat the Eels. Its also the largest opening day crowd for the NRL era.

But I doubt there was as much hype that day as there was today in Las Vegas despite the last one being in Sydney's Olympic year.

The top 5 opening game(s) attendances of the NRL Era (1998–) are (Edit: note that these are the actual first games played in the season, not just the largest opening round attendances):

1: 2000 (62,255 @ Stadium Australia - Sharks d. Dragons, Roosters d. Eels)
2: 2001 (54,833 @ Stadium Australia - Eels d. Panthers)
3: 2011 (45,119 @ Suncorp Stadium - Cowboys d. Broncos)
4: 2009 (45,022 @ Suncorp Stadium - Broncos d. Cowboys)
5: 2024 (40,746 @ Allegiant Stadium - Sea Eagles d. Rabbitohs, Roosters d. Broncos)

Last edited:
Jeez, just looked through the game day thread. what a pile of stinking hot crapola that was.... it's like having a partner addicted to acid and meth. One minute the world is amazing, the next xxxxx player is a useless piece of ****e, then oh no wait..... I love these guys.... actually, no we suck and I've been saying it all pre-season but wait..... I'm in love with this team......

silvertails if nothing else are predictable.
Yeah but that was just Ryan...

Jeez, just looked through the game day thread. what a pile of stinking hot crapola that was.... it's like having a partner addicted to acid and meth. One minute the world is amazing, the next xxxxx player is a useless piece of ****e, then oh no wait..... I love these guys.... actually, no we suck and I've been saying it all pre-season but wait..... I'm in love with this team......

silvertails if nothing else are predictable.
It’s always the usual suspects mate. They’ve been around for ages and won’t go anywhere. I stay away from it now. Caught a glance post game and the negative garbage lingering. Then it gets quiet for a bit when we win.

It’s always the usual suspects mate. They’ve been around for ages and won’t go anywhere. I stay away from it now. Caught a glance post game and the negative garbage lingering. Then it gets quiet for a bit when we win.
I’m avoiding it completely in 2024, it used to be fun , not anymore

I’m avoiding it completely in 2024, it used to be fun , not anymore
Mark I only read it today afterwards because we win and I was curious around how the moods would swing. I’m avoiding it now as well. I also use to get a bit frustrated with things when I’d post there and it started to ruin the experience of actually watching the game. Also My son (who I’ve watched every game with since he was 4 - he’s 13yrs old now) got frustrated with me and said “dad get off your phone” that was enough so I vowed to stay away.

Yeah but that was just Ryan...

Well, sorry for expressing an opinion, or vocalising an emotion, when Damien Cook was carving us up through the middle (as the commentators also suggested) while it was happening. All pre-season, I stated the same, in that we are immobile and slow through the middle (remember I suggested putting Arthur at lock to speed us up)?

I 100% hold to that as well. Explosive, fast paced forward packs (including sharp hookers) will target us there. I think it will be our Achilles heel , and will be the reason for us landing where I think we'll land.

That said, just because I hold to that, doesn't mean I can't also lump praise on the team when it's warranted, too.

I didn't name a player, I didn't call out a forum poster (like you have). How about just riding the highs and lows of the games as they come? Or is that unacceptable to you? Anyways, your calling me out is boring. Literally boring. The only reason I replied at ALL, is because someone messaged me with a copy of your post, asking me, "what is this dickhead on about".

Hope you're well @eaglebuzz , and by God I hope everyone posts in the exact way you demand they do going forward this season. We wouldn't want you being upset.

I'll avoid the GDT's from now on..how's that? Does that placate you and help you achieve whatever it was you wanted out of calling me out ?

Last edited:
Couldn't drop him now mate I reckon. Who loses their place for Schuster ? Tough call.
Burbo came of age today as a fully fledged Manly first grade second rower. He was tough, unyielding and tireless. The Shoe doesn't deserve to unseat him from that position. Initially I'd give The Shoe a run at lock in the Workers, and if he plays well then bring him on to the bench. He needs to prove that he is an asset to the team. We now know for sure that Burbo is.

Burbo came of age today as a fully fledged Manly first grade second rower. He was tough, unyielding and tireless. The Shoe doesn't deserve to unseat him from that position. Initially I'd give The Shoe a run at lock in the Workers, and if he plays well then bring him on to the bench. He needs to prove that he is an asset to the team. We now know for sure that Burbo is.
I agree. I said to @NREagle after the game that players shouldn't lose their positions when we are winning. That entire backrow rotation (Olakau'atu, Burbo, Jake, Brown) all did a fine job.

I feel bad for Schuster, but I don't see any reason why any of those named would be dropped.

Also, was it just me, or did Waddell play as a prop? I'm pretty sure he did ???

Today was a Very proud day for all Manly people @The Wheel
All of our players stood up against the immense pressure of the enormity of this game on the World stage and not only won the game in grand style they also won the Respect and Admiration from every one that witnessed their MANLY WAY Dominance

Respect also to our coach Anthony Seibold for Inspiring his team to a Great Win
Seibold was accountable for his team selection and his inspirational game plan

Respect is Earned not Given and All that Represented Manly in the USA Including all the Manly fans that made the trip have the Utmost Respect :h:

1709465036445.png

We don’t need a guy like Schuster who can’t play tough to chew up 800k and sit on the pine. Release him and pay some of the freight if we have to.

I agree. I said to @NREagle after the game that players shouldn't lose their positions when we are winning. That entire backrow rotation (Olakau'atu, Burbo, Jake, Brown) all did a fine job.

I feel bad for Schuster, but I don't see any reason why any of those named would be dropped.

Also, was it just me, or did Waddell play as a prop? I'm pretty sure he did ???
He played in the middle for the Dogs on a fair few occasions and Seibs mentioned when he was signed that he’d add to our middle depth. It’s definitely his best position. The guy has good leg speed and is reliable off the bench in the middle. On an edge, he just doesn’t have the dynamism of other edge forwards. He has found his role.

We don’t need a guy like Schuster who can’t play tough to chew up 800k and sit on the pine. Release him and pay some of the freight if we have to.

I also think we need.to give him a hot chance though mate. The team looks way fitter this season (that's what I perceived it as anyways). Don't give up on him too soon mate

Agree. Burbo was excellent.

I also think we need.to give him a hot chance though mate. The team looks way fitter this season (that's what I perceived it as anyways). Don't give up on him too soon mate
OK but my patience has worn very thin and I see plenty of attack in Manly as it is. If there’s a question mark, it’s not our ability to create, it’s our toughness. If Schu can toughen up, I will be the first to praise him.

Gees all those pundits were right questioning why we didn’t have DCE Trbo and Jakey in the trial matches……

What a bunch of morons most of the RL media are.

FWIW that result felt better than winning the preseason comp last year.
I thought winning rd.1 against the Dogs last year at Brookie was better than winning the preseason comp with half a Blacktown workers team, so yeah, today definitely topped it!

I have to say, it’s really sweet to topple Souths. Their coach hates Seibs and slags him in the press. It’s great to get one over him after the one point loss last year and many beatings in the last five seasons.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10