Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 12, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sheesh

Some losses leave me annoyed/angry.

Some I think "we'll ok, totally outplayed but we have 11 players injured..." (eg)

But this one kinda left me deflated.

I'm sure the players are as well and will really nail the win next week. (not a mfb #nextweek either)

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The ball was forward though lol---just my pet hate with the over application or justifying a forward pass with a scientific answer when in 98% of all such incidents a player is not running fast enough or straight enough to allow a ball to have 1-2mtres of forward momentum behind it.

correct .... I have heard a commentator say "it floated" forward when a player has been stationary, or as you say, running sideways at jogging pace .... you also need to factor in, that if a ball is genuinely passed backwards .... the force applied in a backward motion should diminish all but the fastest running pass ...

manly al

First Grader
Is a tough loss to come to terms with , Manly [ over all ] seemed to do enough to deserve to get the points but again just couldn "t seal it and how many times has that occurred this season. The biggest problem in these types of games still seems to be adequately numbering off in those outside defensive situations [and Uate is not the only one at fault ] and even with Hodko there , still some direction less attack . Also with A P I in the middle last night , their quick and troubling play the ball runs would have been largely nullified . Had to be impressed with Thompson"s full on effort and performance , Tom is still our best attacking weapon and a brilliant effort and try by Kelly [ who was also strong in defence ] Really crucial point was when the bunker did not over rule the wrongly attributed in goal touch by Uate [ what prevented them is anyone"s guess ] Just the lost opportunity for three wins on the trot is also really a big disappointment apart from the failure to close out and properly manage last night "s match when again it was easily there for the taking.

grassy

Bencher
You missed the word immaturity too.
I quoted a job day before yesterday in Gladstone here and the owner is a manly supporter so we got talking about the game in Gladdy and I asked him if he went. He said he did but then he said he was at the airport when they arrived and between him and a few others had the team to themselves. He approached DCE and shook his hand along with a group of others but when Walker was approached Walker was not happy. For some unknown reason he gave him the cold shoulder. I get the feeling Walker is in a world of his own. Immaturity is probably the correct term. The owner reckon he deserved the black eye. Doing the job on Monday.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
correct .... I have heard a commentator say "it floated" forward when a player has been stationary, or as you say, running sideways at jogging pace .... you also need to factor in, that if a ball is genuinely passed backwards .... the force applied in a backward motion should diminish all but the fastest running pass ...

There you go...

And it's from an Englishman! "Relative velocity"

Refs always fall for the last section where the passer gets tackled...his forward momentum is stopped and the nob goblins rule foooorwaaaaard!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
There you go...

And it's from an Englishman! "Relative velocity"

Refs always fall for the last section where the passer gets tackled...his forward momentum is stopped and the nob goblins rule foooorwaaaaard!

I like it ... but in each instance the player passing actually had forward velocity ....

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I like it ... but in each instance the player passing actually had forward velocity ....

You had me at... "I like it"

(yep, I know what you are sayin' just been waiting to post that for ages. - actually...I just realised I posted this about 3 years ago.)

Carry on

Still in the NT bush camp. I drove 15km to get weak phone reception from an Aboriginal community in the area.
Standing in there swatting mosquitoes & risking buffalo attack I watched the score changes.
After Kelly scored I was going to drive back to camp, but wait...?
It’d break your ‘jam tart’.
The things you do to follow a team, eh.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Still in the NT bush camp. I drove 15km to get weak phone reception from an Aboriginal community in the area.
Standing in there swatting mosquitoes & risking buffalo attack I watched the score changes.
After Kelly scored I was going to drive back to camp, but wait...?
It’d break your ‘jam tart’.
The things you do to follow a team, eh.

Had a tough night to .... had to get up off the couch ... again! .... after I left the remote on the kitchen bench after I made a couple of grilled cheese slices ..... I hear your pain mate ....

Had a tough night to .... had to get up off the couch ... again! .... after I left the remote on the kitchen bench after I made a couple of grilled cheese slices ..... I hear your pain mate ....
We should form a therapy group.
Maybe ST is it? :)
(Getting fuel at community, better reception)

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Just having a look at last night's highlights and something struck me.

In the play where Hodko was sent to the bin, not only were their no prior warnings from the refs that "the next player's in the bin", but at no stage during the actual play did they warn Hodko not to get involved because he was offside (not that he really got involved anyway, Rapana ran around him fairly easily). The binning just seemed to come out of the blue like the NRL have this edict that all games must have at least one sin-bin and they picked that one.

Considering the things we have seen players binned for this year, that was an extremely soft call.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming that or the other poor decisions they made for the reason we lost. I think we lost that all on our own because we had plenty of opportunity to ice the game and didn't get the job done. But once we got to a 14-2 lead the refereeing did seem to take on a lime green flavour.

Either way it was a disappointing loss because we really could have and should have won.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I quoted a job day before yesterday in Gladstone here and the owner is a manly supporter so we got talking about the game in Gladdy and I asked him if he went. He said he did but then he said he was at the airport when they arrived and between him and a few others had the team to themselves. He approached DCE and shook his hand along with a group of others but when Walker was approached Walker was not happy. For some unknown reason he gave him the cold shoulder. I get the feeling Walker is in a world of his own. Immaturity is probably the correct term. The owner reckon he deserved the black eye. Doing the job on Monday.
I met Walker and you could not meet a more nice guy and your mate in Gladstone deserves a black eye ;)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm still that sad I'm going to drink a bottle of Spanish wine and listen to sad songs on youtube.

Wait! I've already drunk a bottle of red Spanish wine. It was from Spain (that's for @Woodsie)

But I posted I was going to do it and I've done it and now my secret as a time traveller is out in the open. Unless space time folded back on itself and then open is in fact squashed.

This multi dimensional existence is hard to keep track of. or should I say loop of? ah hahahahah loop! (Get it? a bit of time traveller humour there...or is it here....oh stop it global)

Who's on first?

Go Manly!

Mitch

Bencher
You always reflect on hypotheticals after a loss like that and one that again should have been pulled up was Austin’s deliberate knock on to finish the game. Within the rules a deliberate knock on should result in a penalty to the opposition, which would have meant a 50m penalty goal opportunity.

Mitch

Bencher
380ED702-9387-4DE5-90EA-FCE59DBF2115.jpeg

Isn’t old mate Todd copping it after this tweet re officials haha!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly seem to hire coaches that don't use the full bench.

Not saying this is why we lost but does anyone know if other teams only use three out of the four available interchange guys?

I just don't understand not giving all...in this case Sipley... a few minutes somewhere in the game.

Is there some amazing reason I am missing?

**** ****ety **** ****! (oops)

grassy

Bencher
I met Walker and you could not meet a more nice guy and your mate in Gladstone deserves a black eye ;)
Yea I met him too and thought he was a dick head. By the way the guy in Glady is not a mate of mine he was the owner off a house that gave me a job. Just telling everyone what he told me. If you can see a quote of mine saying he was a mate please post it. Like I said I met him too and to me he was areal dick head. Certainly not in the class off many fine manly players who have gone before.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yea I met him too and thought he was a dick head. By the way the guy in Glady is not a mate of mine he was the owner off a house that gave me a job. Just telling everyone what he told me. If you can see a quote of mine saying he was a mate please post it. Like I said I met him too and to me he was areal dick head. Certainly not in the class off many fine manly players who have gone before.
I apologize for miss reading your post . I am also disappointed that he gave you a negative impression . Maybe you got him on a bad day as we all have our days but he was fine with me . I don't think anyone deserves a black eye because they don't reciprocate to us . Each to their own .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14