Pre-Game Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 26
4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Probably be similar the the Eels game. Raiders will compete for about a half and it will be close then we will get away from them.
That's what think too

If wee can hold them close to about the 60 minute mark I think we can get them in the back end of the game

Dce ola out and the wet weather will make this a very interesting game on Friday night

Manly by 7 but nothing more
Turbo Brooks and our forwards have to have good games for us to win

Looks like a fairly ordinary outcome for Blacktown yesterday so not sure how guys like Parker will come into better contention for a call up into an edge role in particular .
Recall how Lawton went quite well in the 2 nd row some 3 seasons ago in his Manly debut , pretty solid Manly middle still available for the Raiders match which could help him play a useful role there .
And some talk of Sipley returning and still the option of giving Bully a go there , obviously more suited to a middle role but with his mobility and a bit more experience now , sure that he could manage O K there. Especially in attack
Fairly limited chance of guys like Alioai being considered on an edge and if Lawton is given the nod there , probably Gordie for the bench but also depending if Humphries is available again one would think .
Do like the notion of Parker coming straight into an edge role but looks like a bit of a doubtful option after the Blacktown result yesterday

Bit of a concern also if Waddell and Lawman are the edges , both quite ordinary ball players .
Not the most necessary prerequisite for playing there but would present a few limitations if again both occupy those roles .

Interesting to see how Turbo goes without DCE.

I can’t recall Turbo ever playing for Manly without DCE there.
Turbo seems to doing quite a bit of attacking forays getting passes or set up plays from Brooks so probably will not be that much difference if D C E is regretfully out .
Arthur has a quite reasonable passing and directing play game so hopefully will be adequate on his side as well giving Turbo some worthwhile opportunities .

Interesting to see how Turbo goes without DCE.

I can’t recall Turbo ever playing for Manly without DCE there.
I was curious by this so did some research and you are technically right, Tom has only played 6 games for Manly without DCE but the great Brett Stewart was still the fullback for all 6.

For the record we only won one of those games (2016 Round 6, 34-18 vs Warriors) but they were over two pretty lean years in 2015/16. Killer & Foz were halves the first time in 2015, Dylan Walker & Api Koroisau (with Parcell at hooker) for the rest bar the last one where Pita Godinet featured. Definitely makes me feel a bit better about Brooks/Arthur for the next couple of weeks!

Bit of a concern also if Waddell and Lawman are the edges , both quite ordinary ball players .
Not the most necessary prerequisite for playing there but would present a few limitations if again both occupy those roles .
I don't see this combination in the back row as a problem Al. We have more than enough firepower throughout the rest of the team to score points so that's not an issue for mine. It's keeping the middle and the edges tight in defence that we really need. On this note, would not be surprised to see Parker back in the frame somewhere. Established 1st grader....... very good defender out wide....DCE missing. Yes still a WIP in the backrow but worth a risk in 1st's. Could be a smoky selection particularly if Sips is out.

Can we sell out 4 games in a row
Thank you for posting @The Wheel
We have turned our Spiritual home ground into a Happy Winning Fortress once again
Every body Loves Winners and Our Winning Sea eagles Deserve another Sell Out Winning Crowd

TRUE HAPPINES IS MANLY WINNING !
1714357287831.png

Ola Early Gulity plea, DCE guilty but asking for a downgrade so it will be a $1000 fine and no suspension
DCE also risking being off for 3 wks going for the downgrade, good chance it'll be a fine tho. Didn't see any intent whatsoever by Evans to lift Lane.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10