Post-Game Discussion Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
24 4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I don't blame Seibold we've been mentally soft for years where we clock off and invite beaten teams back into the contest through sheer laziness.... but if he can't turn it around he'll be the next coach to go to the chopping block for it.

Spare me all that "Manly way " BS from.the ore season. Just cheap words from a coach who thinks he's an intellectual. We haven't changed one bit in the last 10 years. Rocks and Diamonds in attack and flimsy in defence. That'll either get us just in or just out of the top 8 and a first week exit if we do.

That was just painful and just confirms we are a couple of rungs below the very best teams.

But I remain optimistic.

I think the time to consign Lawman to reggies has come.

The dropped balls from Waddell and Lodge cost us big time as well.

I have real concerns over Tom's defence and positional play. He should have wrapped Whitehead up and where was he when Young scored ?
I’d stick Tom at centre. Play kola at fullback. At least he’ll get some ball and maybe bring that arcing speed that Brett used to bring to the team. Tommy’s definitely lost a yard of pace. If he gets picked for Origin he’d play centre.

Sadly I think you could be right. There’s no way a Bennett coached side loses a game like we did tonight.

I feel the focus in on our weapons and what we can do with the ball. You could see from the kick off, there was a distinct lack of energy, aggression and desperation in our game. Once that is established in a game, it’s very hard to flick a switch and turn it on. We just wanted to cruise through the game and go home with the two points, without earning them.

It’s criminal to have so much talent in a roster, and lose to a team with so little talent, but that were prepared to roll their sleeves up. In fact, did the Raiders even roll their sleeves up? I thought they were pretty ordinary but that says so much about us.
They just played sensible wet weather football - low mistakes. We played like it was a balmy Sunday afternoon. You could see from the start we were playing the wrong game.

Drum Nrl GIF by Canberra Raiders

I often gave a sixth sense about whether Manly win or lose. I had it all afternoon.

The pre-match Seibold spiel about not taking the opposition lightly, made me think the team were going to take them lightly.

Mind you, a lot of luck went the Raiders’ way. One try directly off a knock on about 5m out, then one earlier, a few tackles after losing possession in a similar position, didn’t help.
Tezza your being a very very nice man to our Boyz. We absolutely got had the rub of the green tonight. Let's own it. Our teams got stuff to fix.

I often gave a sixth sense about whether Manly win or lose. I had it all afternoon.

The pre-match Seibold spiel about not taking the opposition lightly, made me think the team were going to take them lightly.

Mind you, a lot of luck went the Raiders’ way. One try directly off a knock on about 5m out, then one earlier, a few tackles after losing possession in a similar position, didn’t help.
Good teams can defend those errors. We’re not a good team.

Did you watch the game feathered friend ?
You talk about luck ?
Did you see our lucky intercept try ?
Did you also see the other lucky try off a kick that the raider player fumbled in his in goal line and gifted it for a Manly try ?
We had a lot of possession but we fired blanks
This raiders Win away from home was one of their Greatest Comeback Winning moments in the History of their club and it had nothing to do with luck and all to do with Resilience
Very disappointing night tonight for Manly

I don't blame Seibold we've been mentally soft for years where we clock off and invite beaten teams back into the contest through sheer laziness.... but if he can't turn it around he'll be the next coach to go to the chopping block for it.

Spare me all that "Manly way " BS from.the ore season. Just cheap words from a coach who thinks he's an intellectual. We haven't changed one bit in the last 10 years. Rocks and Diamonds in attack and flimsy in defence. That'll either get us just in or just out of the top 8 and a first week exit if we do.
Yeah, used to watch those Manly promo's, but haven't really bothered watching this season. I want the talking done on the field where it counts.

Dolphins, Broncos and Storm next 3 games, yeah good luck with that.

And probably get pushed by the bye the week after.

Yeah I posted that I had a bad feeling about the game at kickoff and turns out I was right. I didn’t feel comfortable when Garrick kept missing the goals too…a voice inside my head told me two points will be important at the back end of the game. That ended up being right too.

Yeah I posted that I had a bad feeling about the game at kickoff and turns out I was right. I didn’t feel comfortable when Garrick kept missing the goals too…a voice inside my head told me two points will be important at the back end of the game. That ended up being right too.
And not a good look when he was giggling away with TS Eliot Blackhead post-game. His poor goal kicking contributed to Manly’s loss.

I’d stick Tom at centre. Play kola at fullback. At least he’ll get some ball and maybe bring that arcing speed that Brett used to bring to the team. Tommy’s definitely lost a yard of pace. If he gets picked for Origin he’d play centre.
Would rather Garrick and Tom switch if a swap was on the cards tbh

The same referee as in the first Faecalmatta game too.

I hope the team are awake to his catch-up tactics if and when they cop him again.

I shouldn’t get spooked after 1 loss but I think the teams looks a lot better balanced with Burbo at 12 and Waddell with some agression off the bench. Lawton good early season and last two games he has thrown forward passes and been average. I wonder as long term you give humpherys the 14 for two weeks and let Lawton get his rhythm back in Reggies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10