Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
42 BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

I noticed with all the talk about blocking kick chasers...JWH was still allowed to run into Manly chasers a lot last night with no penalty.

Also Braiff can act shocked all he wants but penalty for late tackle on turbo was spot on. Knob saw tom had passed and lined him up for a late hit.
Braiff was pissed .... so good

Does anyone think Darcie McDonald might be a Sea Eagles fan?
Darcie is unfortunately a bulldogs supporter, and a former cheerleader for them too.

Re the game, we did what he had to but we will need to play the best we have all year if we are to beat Souths.

The highlight for me was seeing Marty cheering Saab and really enjoy the win. Guys like him will be able to tell the young guys how hard these opportunities are to come by.

I really wish that Braith didn’t commentate Manly games but especially when we play one of his former teams. A few times he was calling out the slightest infractions from Manly - eg a small leg pull that wasn’t a penalty - but of course never any similar against the Roosters.

Why Fox don’t appoint neutral commentators where they can I do not know, but it can ruin their product that is for sure.

I have to laugh at Fox League. After Turbo went off, the changes to the side were Reubs to fullback, Walks to left centre and Parker to the wing. The commentators completely missed it, claiming Walker was at fullback, and that's how they even reported it on their website.
Are they even in Qld or are they commentating by watching it on TV? Would explain why they can't see the whole field.

That photo is a classic. Love Marty cheering him on!

I really wish that Braith didn’t commentate Manly games but especially when we play one of his former teams. A few times he was calling out the slightest infractions from Manly - eg a small leg pull that wasn’t a penalty - but of course never any similar against the Roosters.

Why Fox don’t appoint neutral commentators where they can I do not know, but it can ruin their product that is for sure.

It's because they have to give ex-footy players cushy commentating jobs as promised for playing for unders in their anointed teams.

#salarycap

Thought Dessie was a bit arrogant in the press conference. What's goin on with the hair ? Sure some dumb questions but hey ther're sports journos.
He did the bare minimum to satisfy contractual obligations! And yes he was determined not to give Bennett and Souths any motivational ammo.
He was quite sarcastic about some of the silly questions. He ridiculed the reporter who asked about Dylan's role off the bench, that was quite funny. (Manly fans who are still holding out hope of a different bench configuration might have to wait till next year.) (At the earliest!)

Braiff did say:

"This is the side that no one...no one wants to play when they're at their best."

After Harper's try. So he's right, on occasion.

rules rules rules...

It was interesting to see one play (just before half time)...

Harper got called out of the play but went in and made a tackle anyway.

Ref called '6 again' - but then the rorters player knocked on.

So the call got changed into a penalty.

I didn't know that was the rule. "It's 6 again unless there's a stuff up then it changes to a penalty."

You'd just knock the ball on everytime you heard 6 again wouldn't you? Time to set...a big kick upfield for touch...?

Anyone else notice how tentative parker was with his strapped up right hand in the second half. Looked like it may have been caught up in Teddy’s jersey during a tackle at the end of the first half. I’ve got a really bad feeling it may be broken.

Yup. Well before the end of the first half he was 'favouring' it.

Hopefully it's not busted.

Yep definitely. Tom was nowhere to be seen during the team song, perhaps he couldn’t get out of the cotton wool he had been wrapped in.

Tom frozen in Trbonite (to be thawed out just before the next game)

STAR13_62b620ee-1065-4f69-9309-b15779f6d587_800x.jpg

Someone lend me their larynx. I am spent. What a win, and keeping the chooks to 6 was the icing on the cake. Great atmosphere at the game. Did not get back to base until 12.30am.My two Rabid manly daughters and I went for drinks after the game to an old friends place to cap off the best couple of days away than I can remember for a long time. Now for the 5 hour drive home but this time I will def have eagle rock blaring with the windows down.Until next weekend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8