Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 5, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Was out working last night. Was driving up the M1 motorway Gold Coast with radio on. Couldn't listen to the game was too tense but switched MMM on just before Walker scored the matchwinner. I deadset nearly drove off the road. High beams flashing as I'm going apesht in the car. What a win what a team. We're back baby !!!!!

Roger_Ramjet

Ex Forum boofhead, now legennnnd!
Well I have made an appearance to congratulate Manly for the win. Your team have gone from the ridiculous to the sublime. Outplayed and outmuscled but I'm not surprised because we always have a problem. To be honest, I haven't seen the game properly because I was trying to stream it but the connection kept dropping out. I did see the Walkers try...excellent play. Cheer fellas and if there are any ladies, likewise!

Ryan

Journey Man
Well I have made an appearance to congratulate Manly for the win. Your team have gone from the ridiculous to the sublime. Outplayed and outmuscled but I'm not surprised because we always have a problem. To be honest, I haven't seen the game properly because I was trying to stream it but the connection kept dropping out. I did see the Walkers try...excellent play. Cheer fellas and if there are any ladies, likewise!

You a Chooks fan mate?

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Very classy response mate. Im sure the Roosters will be there at the business end.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I actually don't think it was Jake's fault he didn't lock up the ball - it looked on replay like he was trying to get down under the ball, but when Winterstein joined the tackle late he actually got in Jake's way and held him more upright. Pearce was underneath both of them and Jake couldn't get to him. Frank should've been trying to get between the ball and the turf at that stage, it was the only helpful thing he could've done.
Yeah, I got to watch the replay again last night and I did pick up the Winterstein involvement, which ironically didn't help. The direction of Winterstein's momentum worked against what Jake was trying to do and actually helped Pearce swivel the way he did. That said, Jake did get caught hanging back with Marty and both of them should have been pushing forward rather than sliding on their line.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
How lazy is latrell on that last try? He leaves a huge gap in defence, then barely turns to jog after Dylan. If I were Robinson or a rooster fan I'd be highly critical of this lack of effort.
Yeah, I was watching a replay of the game and was thinking the exact same thing. He barely jogged back after Walker ran through and he was definitely in the mindset of expecting somebody else to deal with it.

Well, it's confirmed then. He is the second coming of GI

Ryan

Journey Man
Yeah, I was watching a replay of the game and was thinking the exact same thing. He barely jogged back after Walker ran through and he was definitely in the mindset of expecting somebody else to deal with it.

Well, it's confirmed then. He is the second coming of GI

They are making out as though Latrell is the second coming of Jesus. I wouldn't swap him for either Walker OR Kelly. One thing I cannot fathom:

Dylan Walker - 22 years old !
Brian Kelly - 20 years old !

Keep them together Manly for the next decade ! Boooosh !

yokahontas

Bencher
They are making out as though Latrell is the second coming of Jesus. I wouldn't swap him for either Walker OR Kelly. One thing I cannot fathom:

Dylan Walker - 22 years old !
Brian Kelly - 20 years old !

Keep them together Manly for the next decade ! Boooosh !

Latrell is also one of those players who is always miraculously *injured* after he makes a mistake. He's got skills, for sure, but big questions over his toughness.

Oh, and his mum is queen of the bogan harpies...

Shoe1

Journey Man
If Latrell went for the ball instead of attempting a block, Walker doesn't get his first try.

Roger_Ramjet

Ex Forum boofhead, now legennnnd!
Well, you have a bloody good team and roster this year. Can you give us any insight into Liam Knight?
The roster is nothing if you don't have the leadership. The coach appointing someone like Friend to be a co-captain is absurd. While I think he is the hardest worker, a good leader is someone like Smith or JT. Not only do they lead by example, but they have a charisma that is part of leadership. friend doesn't have that and Cordner is new at that role and perhaps he's a little gun-shy. Also, it seems that we don't have a plan B. All those bombs to Uate, were ridiculous. he wasn't dropping any and they were still going there. That wouldn't happen at the Storm or Cows. They would change things...We get stuck on one plan and if it works, great but if it doesn't, then errors creep...our playmaker,I think its Pearce, well he tries hard but you know he doesn't have many weapons in his arsenal. He is what he is and no more...he's No Frills but one thing he is tough and that i can't criticize.

Sorry but as far as Liam Knight...I'm actually in Brisbane so I have no information about where he's at but I believe he's at Wyong. the roster is too big at the moment so there are some players that might get tired of waiting until they get their chance. We still have Takeiaho to come back so that would be good BUT I doubt that it would have mattered last night. Manly were too good and we were in another headspace. We only looked like winners in that first try, after that, it was just trying to plug holes.When we lose, the whole team plays like losers.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Rorters all focus on Kels as Walks starts his engines :nod:

View attachment 5201

Keary, Keary, Keary - gaaaaap :rofl:

View attachment 5202

Happy Manly :clap:

View attachment 5203
Kelly is a Kunning and Klever footballer
Set up the flying Sea eagle Walker
Kelly is young and will only get better
Kelly is special !!!
download.jpg

Michael Clare

Reserve Grader
We say this about most refs....but I don't think cummings likes us that much. He gets cranky at players a lot which is not a good sign for so called 'unbiased' refs.

A shame Voss had to say at the last try "they say manly fans don't travel...but those who have are going home happy." - it's just an unnecessary subtle dig or at the very least perpetuates another anti Manly boganistic:tm: myth.

Yet...watching the game again was just as awesome! woohoo!

There is NO doubt that certain referees have a "thing" against certain teams or even certain players. However, I think that D.C.E. has been absolutely brilliant in handling refs this season with that calm respectful manner of his. After only a handful of games, I am already convinced that Cherry is already one of the smartest captains in this competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Was out working last night. Was driving up the M1 motorway Gold Coast with radio on. Couldn't listen to the game was too tense but switched MMM on just before Walker scored the matchwinner. I deadset nearly drove off the road. High beams flashing as I'm going apesht in the car. What a win what a team. We're back baby !!!!!

Feels bloody good doesn't it mate, first time I've felt this way in some years!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16