Manly v sharks @Gosford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Saw an article which I cannot find
Singo Rang Des and offered Manly $250k to play Semi at Gosford should Brookie miss out due to asbestos.
The club was very keen in the idea and passed it on the NRL, it was rejected due to being to far to travel for sharks fans.
It's an excellent read it someone can find and post it!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/b8d9362470965fd09a0c004a0822390b

"beep"

5 seconds

lol

The NRL has rejected an earlier $250,000 offer from colourful businessman John Singleton to move Manly’s elimination final against Cronulla to Central Coast Stadium in Gosford.
Singleton rang Manly coach Des Hasler with the offer on Monday morning which he claims was passed on to NRL officials but quickly rejected.

“Des and everyone at Manly loved the idea,” Singleton said, “They were all for it.

“I asked Des could I quote him and he said ‘f…ing oath’. They really wanted this.”

Singleton had Central Coast businesses on board to turn Gosford into a sea of maroon and white.

His staff spent all morning rallying support from key stakeholders across the region.

“Central Coast tourism, Central Coast Leagues were geared up for it, pubs, restaurants, everyone,” Singleton said.
“It could have been a massive celebration — free food or a drink to anyone wearing Manly clothes.

“We were going to change the name of Brisbane Waters to Hasler Waters just for a day

“There was going to be a street named after (Paul) Gallen.

“Plus, Manly have had great success at this ground.”

The $250,000 offer would have gone towards the extra broadcast production costs.

Singleton is furious that the NRL administration keeps turning its back on Gosford.

“Do they want to just move the whole game to the western suburbs?” he said.

“So the NRL come back and say it’s more convenient to play at Parramatta

“Really? Gee whiz. They’ve got a massive junior league up here. The second biggest in the state. What an opportunity they’ve missed.”

The NRL says no official approach was made to move the game, according to a spokesman.

“If Lottoland isn’t available, Manly fans shouldn’t be asked to travel 90 minutes and Sharks fans almost two hours to watch a final when a superior stadium is much closer,” an NRL spokesman said.

He would be too stupid to listen to someone like Singo.
He'd be out of his depth...

Is this the same John Singleton who actively campaigned for central coast residents to boycott manly games after the northern eagles debacle? He was vying for the smallest ever crowd for a first grade game I seem to recall.

Yep.

Singo did his best to kill the NE.

Then tried even harder to turn the CC against Manly once the JV was scrapped.

Fk him.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8