Post-Game Discussion Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Sharks
14 4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Can someone please explain why we persist with the tackle 5 hitup from Tom every fuking set. Which takes him out of chasing any sort of last tackle kick. It's just mind numbing madness.
Lol Tom can’t chase anything. His aerobic fitness is shot. You can see it on the field. He’s blowing deluxe in the in goal. Couldn’t keep up with a backrower and what’s he in the wing anyway?

Can someone please explain why we persist with the tackle 5 hitup from Tom every fuking set. Which takes him out of chasing any sort of last tackle kick. It's just mind numbing madness.
Only because Tom chooses too
He is cooked and trying to bring himself into games with the least path or resistance
He needs a break to enjoy life

I think we all do. Seriously feel like walking away and not coming back. Seriously disillusioned like never before with this club and this bunch of mediocre players.
I think the most frustrating part is not so much the losing aspect, but the reluctance to make major changes in the team and give the Blacktown players a crack when they at least deserve a chance to prove themselves. Picking the same plodders week in week out when the team is not even looking remotely competitive is madness.

Well when I win euro powerball I will sit down with urm and see if they will help me take the garbage out of this joint

A team is not going to win games when they miss 45 tackles. Cronulla missed 26. Now Manly are consistently dropping off tackles in excess of 30 a game recently. There is something seriously wrong with defensive coaching. Johns missed 6. If Schuster isnt back next week bring in Weekes for goodness sake. Manly had most of the ball..
Weekes should have been in the side long ago. He is bein g handled terribly.

I think we all do. Seriously feel like walking away and not coming back. Seriously disillusioned like never before with this club and this bunch of mediocre players.
Stick with us Mick. We'll come good.

Think of us diehards as being the Jake Trbojevics of Manly fans. Things go to crap on the field (and yes, sometimes on here too) but we keep showing up and giving our all.

We owe it to players like Jake to keep on turning up and supporting.

Imagine playing your heart out for the maroon and white and only a few disinterested souls were left watching on the hill....

Plain and simple
We are not playing for each other

In all of our previous successes,we have had a group of leaders or best players playing for the club and influenced the team both on and off the field

The best players could be imports from other clubs or England or NZ
No matter

They came to play for the success of the club which carried a prestige and tradition

This has stopped happening and we are individuals playing for personal gain that replicates our owner

NATE FUKKING MILES FIR INDTANCE

Jake spoke of card games
Crap
Josh spoke of understanding each other
Crap

Our dressing room is not divided but not United
It is cordial and polite
Each team Member would know the others family kids hobbies enjoyment activities

Rather than spend time together these days we are siloed in a brief way

It is not deep
Try and find a beaver choc , gift , killer snake joe Matai or foz

They are not there
Beers after the game on a night iff are limited to a few

Some want to be there
Some don’t
Some have to drive 60 to get home and would rather be there

We are trying to make something work that us uncomfortable

Des had his way
Siebs has his
None are working
Not cute if the Blacktown pathway is either

Have just watched the game

Wow, I watched the first 20, then the majority of the rest on fast forward. Absolutely dismal, I tipped us based on how we belted the Eels and Storm in defence at home, and Golden Eagles day. I’ve seen more effort when they’ve been behind 30 at halftime

There wouldn’t be a player in the side that could look themselves in the mirror and truthfully say that they ran harder, and tackled harder, than the 34 year old halfback who tried his absolute guts out, I won’t bag him for missing touch on the penalty, he needed every metre we could get today. Someone needs to check if the trainer is giving them sleeping pills pre match

If Brad Parker is named on Tuesday, I’ll be unlikely to watch next week
I'd have Burbo or even Harper over Parker. The guy is in an absolute funk. Our left side is horrid in both defense and attack.

I don't know how many games I'll bother watching as long as Croker is in the side either. We look so sluggish with the ball with him at dummy half. Lawton is offering way more than him right now. I'd rather see Croker at 6 and Lawton at 9.

Im going to allege he is doing it on purpose to not be there for the chase in order to save his hammies.

Does anyone have the penalty count ?

And the six-again count ?

Watching it seemed like we won the penalties pretty easily. Which makes that insipid performance even more disappointing.

Time to start dropping players and bring in new blood. I know Weekes got found out a few times but put him in the centres and just persist. Burbo has to start. What we have now isn't working and our season may be done, so why not start experimenting and building for next year and beyond. The current crop know they have no competition for their positions so some just plod along. Seibold needs to get tough and dirty and start putting players on notice.

Turbo is now a blown turbo ....he is shot,disinterested, slow, has never been good defensively, bad positional plays and reads, no communication from the back, .boy do I miss snakes qualities.

Time to start dropping players and bring in new blood. I know Weekes got found out a few times but put him in the centres and just persist. Burbo has to start. What we have now isn't working and our season may be done, so why not start experimenting and building for next year and beyond. The current crop know they have no competition for their positions so some just plod along. Seibold needs to get tough and dirty and start putting players on notice.
I doubt Seibold has the balls to drop players....Flanno would though.

Home game, penalty count , loss last week, a decent team on paper.. that would mean they are not mentally pumped up which shows how flat they start....this is all coaching mentorship

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8