MANLY V ST MERGE [Round 19 2014] 21-7-14

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
good effort, the refs made that game worse than it deserved to be.

Still we were the better team in a fairly scrappy match.

Top of the table where we belong, would have been nice to go in with a few extra F/A

Well done boys.....awesome effort and great win indeed....!!!!

The officiating on the other hand was utter garbage......very infuriating to watch. We did well to beat St Merge and the refs tonight.

Go the Mighty Eagles.......!

A scrappy ugly win, but did well to get the two points. Well done!

- Yes, refs didn't help tonight but what I would expect at a home ground
- Some stupid mistakes at times, particularly laying over their players and giving away penalties for it (a couple are understandable but they kept repeating it)
- Choc seemed to be struggling and a bit over the place at times. Hopefully, just a little game rust
- Matai is such a champion. It's not the skill, though he has some of that, but the heart he pours into it
- Forwards looked a little lack-lustre and no real penetration, but did enough. JSL was probably the stand-out
- The man previously named DCE was a little quiet with ball in hand but a very good kicking game.
- Goal line defense outstanding. Commitment and pride. It got them home in the end.
- Jorge also a little quiet but some quality moments in defense when needed. I think the Merge's tactics to kick out in the first half negated Jorge's kick return.

Manly just need to count to 2 and roll of the F..in Player :idea:

We really gave them so many chances due to these penalties tonight :dodgy:

BJ was the worst, and he kept on doing it :huh:

Media headlines, New Zealand:

1) Manly beat Dragons
2)Manly alone at top of NRL ladder.

Media headlines, Australia:

1)Manly Sea Eagles keep minds on job to beat Dragons despite off-field dramas

2)Disgruntled Brett Stewart, Matai and Watmough lead Manly win over Dragons

3)Sea Eagles rally to down Dragons

Anyone spot the difference?

Go Manly!

globaleagle said:
Media headlines, New Zealand:

1) Manly beat Dragons
2)Manly alone at top of NRL ladder.

Media headlines, Australia:

1)Manly Sea Eagles keep minds on job to beat Dragons despite off-field dramas

2)Disgruntled Brett Stewart, Matai and Watmough lead Manly win over Dragons

3)Sea Eagles rally to down Dragons

Anyone spot the difference?

Go Manly!

Is it in the accent?

The game seems almost a footnote now to all reported off-field drama (what's new at the Manly soap opera Sea Eagles?) but I thought it was an outstanding win.
The Dragons were desperate, played pretty well error-free in the first half and had some tricks, plus some favourable referreeing, especially in the Symonds' try obstruction ruling. Most NRL sides could not see off repeated sets as we did.
It's fair to say their pack isn't really benchmark, especially without Merrin, but our forwards were good. Watmough ripped in as normal, King was strong and JSL continues to impress. Symonds probably played his best game for us and it will be a real selection dilemma in the unlikely event all our forwards are available.
Matai was braining them until injured. DCE is a gamebreaker. They had a sniff until that kick panicked them into error and then he laid on a try.
Is it too early to say the Kogarah/Saints hoodoo is done? Three wins on the trot, two away.

Some big positives from last nights win was the performances of

Tom Symonds
Jorge Taufua
Jason King.

Much improved efforts by these guys, the jam for spots in our finals squad is on and plenty are stepping up.

Yeeees....just checked in with my St George friend as his emailing skills seemed to have vanished.

Said he "started watching, but got busy doing other important things"

*insert an @jethro eye roll emoticon here*
icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess when you type with a group of true supporters like you guys....you get a little taken aback to come into contact with fair weathered ones!!!

-------------------------------------------------

@globaleagle

Eye roll emoticon inserted as requested :p
or would you have prefered this one:

smemotions24.gif

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
HappilyManly said:
Be kind GE and send him the highlights link. Its only 3 minutes, but tells the same story :D

hahaha I am going to do that now!

:cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10