Post-Game Discussion Manly V Storm [Round 12, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Storm
26 4 Pines Park
24 May 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Didnt watch it last night so having just watched the replay under self control knowing we won I can definitely confirm that Ashley Klown and his bunker clown is a dead set cheat. The absolute one sided garbage that he dished up trying to get the purple scum home from the get go was an absolute disgrace. The constant laying all over us, the constant head shots , the constant offsides, the repeated forward passes that this k*nt continued to turn a blind eye to was beyond compare. Flabberghasted

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
It's great to see we can lift with some big guns out. And we showed some more patience in this game. Our forwards seemed to be on top for a lot of the game. It is very promising to see Vaega have such an involved game and play so strongly. And Hopoate now has a confidence boost for his next NRL showing after his strong game. Talau is in great form. A huge asset at the moment. Some interesting squad selections coming up for the Panthers game assuming Koula is back. One would think that Vaega would be a safe bet after last night

mkultra

I have no idea. Maybe he is worried about the team making an error close to the line since the team can't defend.
I think the kick was because we were getting a little hit headed and he didn’t want to give away possession in our half. Take the heat out of it. Brown’s eye were rolling back in his head in crazy mode. I absolutely love that but Cherry knew he needs to manage it. It seemed smart to me in that respect.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I think the kick was because we were getting a little hit headed and he didn’t want to give away possession in our half. Take the heat out of it. Brown’s eye were rolling back in his head in crazy mode. I absolutely love that but Cherry knew he needs to manage it. It seemed smart to me in that respect.
Was it any wonder Brown was steaming. Every time he got tackled they were all over him well after that Klown was yelling held. Not one single penalty for it , indeed the fukwit gave them a penalty after Nelson assholomona came in throwing jabs. What a fuking farcical exhibition of attempted refereeing.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Was it any wonder Brown was steaming. Every time he got tackled they were all over him well after that Klown was yelling held. Not one single penalty for it , indeed the fukwit gave them a penalty after Nelson assholomona came in throwing jabs. What a fuking farcical exhibition of attempted refereeing.
Agree, one of your best rants Mick.
On one 6agin against us joey Johns said....what was that for, just nonplussed about the rulling.

mkultra

100%! I love the mongrel and take no backward step approach from Brown. The Purple Pricks just living up to expectations, especially the #1 grub piece of s*** Nelson. Klein not far behind in my opinion.

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
lol, week after week 75% of the team are called ****, all week the same prophets say Manly is absolutely no chance against Melbourne and will be flogged. Win the game and still it isn’t good enough and not enjoyable. FMD
Accurate summary. Your point being? 😜

Tslog

The only reason manly won was because the storm was so horrible.

Hoppa Jr looks decent, but very mature for his age.

This was an essential win for Manly, yet DCE the fraud only contribution in attack was a forward pass for a try to Jerbo. And DCE spent rest of the game ruining countless attacks for Manly.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
They sure are and really enhances the atmosphere. I've been going to Brookie for over 50 years and I can't remember a year when we've had so many sold out home games - and we're only halfway through the season. It's phenomenal!
Totally agree. I don’t remember a time when the crowds have been this packed in every game. Even the one game that wasn’t a sell out had 11k there and it was terrible weather. Do yourself a favour and buy a ticket early to the next home game if you can make it - you’ll have a ball!! Never enjoyed being a member as much as I have this year.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nathan browns runs off the back fence are unbelievable. But manly look set to waste it. He is a pretty decent ball player, he needs decoys and runners so they firstly cant single him out, and he will create something slipping a ball as he draws defenders

The team needs to make sure they dont leave him out there hanging to be bashed senseless

There is a little bit on Tom Turbo about it

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
100%! I love the mongrel and take no backward step approach from Brown. The Purple Pricks just living up to expectations, especially the #1 grub piece of s*** Nelson. Klein not far behind in my opinion.
Nelson’s rellies on Easter Island say “Hi!”

IMG_9801.jpeg

Last edited:

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That's Klown realising the Storm needing some help. Time to gift them a penalty and hopefully they will score. The bunker and refs have been diabolical this year. Their inconsistencies and decisions have been atrocious. Bringing game management to a new level.
Gamble responsibly - get your tips from the refs/bunker

Once Was Brissie Kid

Reserve Grader
Totally agree. I don’t remember a time when the crowds have been this packed in every game. Even the one game that wasn’t a sell out had 11k there and it was terrible weather. Do yourself a favour and buy a ticket early to the next home game if you can make it - you’ll have a ball!! Never enjoyed being a member as much as I have this year.
Admittedly on a much much more embarrassingly lower scale, but Manly @ Brookie can become the NRL's version of the Packers @ Lambeau. Always sold out home games and for the most part 100% home fans.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Loved the game last night - most pleasing part was the fact we held on under some adversity with Melbourne attacking our line for the last 10 or so minutes and Klown riding them home. Personally I love watching the energy that guys like Vaega, Gordie & Brown bring and I really think it lifts the rest of the team

If you told me after 12 games we'd have beaten Penrith, Melbourne and the Roosters and still likely be sitting out of the 8 at the end of the round I'd be extremely confused, goes to show how costly some of these games we've blown are. Nevertheless the bye has been a long time coming and I'm hopeful the rest will help us going into the Origin period
Also goes to show how close the comp is. Raiders & Phins for example are no mugs, and our game v Warriors was huge, even Souths in Vegas were right up for it and went into that game as one the comp favourites - and now they're last, lol.

A few other clubs have come up against sides having a real bad game, I'm sure we'll get a few of those in the back half of the comp whereas so far every game we've faced a fired up, desperate opposition. Even the Titans.

Most impressive thing for me is Manly has never looked like getting touched up this year, usually we've been thrashed once or twice by now. But yes those games we lost after they looked in the bag are real frustrating for sure.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I was at the game & was watching the reserves warming up on the sideline.

Bully was running lengths while Waddell & GCKT were passing a ball back & forth. Brown was just in his own little world, pacing up & down, oblivious to everything around him lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16