Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I switched off at the 65 minute mark. But for mine the problems were:

• Not enough effort to get quick play the balls
  • Not enough quick metres being made from dummy half
  • The ball being distributed too slowly from dummy half
  • Decoy runners not timing their runs properly
  • DCE trying to win the game on his own
  • Players not making any effort to make their runs with the ball in hand dangerous
  • No thought going in to ball security
That match would have to be one of the most meek performances with the ball in hand that I have seen a Manly side give in a long time. I'm starting to think that there must be something going on behind the scenes, either related to the salary cap shenanigans or to Barrett, that has the players distracted.

We got taught a lesson yesterday. You have to play for 80 minutes and we did for 45. It is folly to play guys who are injured and our depth needs urgent attention for next season because right now there is no plan B. The thing that got Manly to the lofty heights of 3rd place was our aggression in defense and with the ball, this had significantly dropped over the last month. There is still time to make the finals and for this young team to get some much-needed experience. I have read most of the comments here and the passion of our fans is great but I think we need to understand that you can't compare this team to our great team of the last decade or so, it is a new team learning some valuable lessons and we were whacked by a street smart team who know all the tricks to manipulate the officials. We will be back!!!

We will be back!!!
giphy.gif

I hope Tommy watches the tape again and again and really gets it... that moment that Smith runs out of dummy half, stops almost in front of Tommy, and then dribbles a grubber through for Cronk, who had 6 years to wait for a favourable bounce and put it down because no fullback was anywhere to be seen. That highlighted Tommy's biggest weakness. I hope he watches it and really gets it. It was almost like a master teaching a young buck how it works.

The other thing I noticed was Cronk laughing at Tom after Addo-Carr burnt him.

I think Tom is probably coached to defend in the line quite a bit though in his defence.

We got taught a lesson yesterday. You have to play for 80 minutes and we did for 45. It is folly to play guys who are injured and our depth needs urgent attention for next season because right now there is no plan B. The thing that got Manly to the lofty heights of 3rd place was our aggression in defense and with the ball, this had significantly dropped over the last month. There is still time to make the finals and for this young team to get some much-needed experience. I have read most of the comments here and the passion of our fans is great but I think we need to understand that you can't compare this team to our great team of the last decade or so, it is a new team learning some valuable lessons and we were whacked by a street smart team who know all the tricks to manipulate the officials. We will be back!!!

I like this post and agree with most
|but
I am concerned about this bit ....
Quote " We got taught a lesson yesterday "
end quote
Our lesson was given to us by the Dragons when we conceded over 50 points the week before and we didn't learn a thing by the way we played last week !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8