Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never has snake come back early from an injury (he heals slower due to diabetes) yet some here think at the end of his career he is going to suddenly return early in some sort of miracle.

wow

Never has snake come back early from an injury (he heals slower due to diabetes) yet some here think at the end of his career he is going to suddenly return early in some sort of miracle.

wow
He just had loose bone stuff suctioned out, it's not like he was cut open. Plus the 6 weeks off ended at least 2 months ago.

Snake can leave some happy Brookie Fans by turning up for the last 3 games :)

His ESL move is still just a rumour though

He deserves a send off but he may think back to Glenn in his last year who didn't want a send off himself and wouldn't make an appearance to farewell the fans and vice versa.

I hope Brett doesn't do the same. If he's fit, I hope he plays...if not then I hope he at least takes the applause before/after the Canberra game.

He just had loose bone stuff suctioned out, it's not like he was cut open. Plus the 6 weeks off ended at least 2 months ago.

No it wasn't that long ago HM, he was booked in for surgery July 22nd, which means he has only been out for 4 weeks - another 2 weeks to go.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...y/news-story/8a486e1ea2f7b218c96d3fd2af9acd0c

The longer it goes the more likely he will be fullback in 2017, which if his attitude is right is ok with me, if not seeing him playing Reggies will be a nightmare for the Eagles.

The question is was snake just playing injured - like Tafua and TT having crap periods or was it mostly attitude.

If it was mostly injury he will come back well

The question is was snake just playing injured - like Tafua and TT having crap periods or was it mostly attitude.

If it was mostly injury he will come back well

If only injury surely he would have said to the coach " look I'm crap at the minute, I probably need an op and some time off", but no, he just loitered at the back doing FA for about two months looking completely uninterested.

No doubt injury played a part, but the lack of attitude was there for everyone to see.

Could the club spring a surprise, will we see Tom and Jorge playing on Saturday?

If Snake had his knee op less than a month ago I honestly doubt that he'll be playing this week and its highly doubtful he will play next week or against the Panthers in Rd.26.

If Snake and Skivy are back for Manly in 2017 I hope they are at least healthy. We know Skivy will give it his all despite his shoulders. Snake though needs a major improvement on what we saw this season. Yes injury played a part, but I have to agree that he looked seriously disinterested out there for at least 2 months. Really this season we only saw fleeting glimpses of the Snake we know and love.

Skivy in the centres we would welcome. But the question remains.....who would be better playing fullback for Manly, Snake or Tom? Now a fit and committed Snake at the back would probably put Tom on the wing giving us that tall, fast, able to take bombs winger people have been screaming for, or he could be in the centres. But that also takes away what we know he can do at fullback. He's been dangerous enough for opposition teams on one leg, imagine the impact he could have with 2 good legs and the increased experience.

Personally though, I have the feeling we have (sadly) seen the last of Snake in a Manly jumper other than highlight reels. My bet is that next year he'll join the Hulkamaniacs....er.....Catalans Dragons wearing red and yellow.

Snake fans don't come any bigger than me; I will not bag him after all he has done and he will be a one club player so anyone thinking that he doesn't bleed for our club is crazy.

I will say however that we can no longer afford to carry him in our team even if he comes back and hits form and it's because of the lack of running metres he makes. Every other fullback in the competition racks up 100+ metres every week and Snake can only manage 40-50 metres a match on a regular basis.

Sure he might come back and throw a few nice passes for tries or dive on the odd grubber kick but he is past it. It's sad because he is one of our greatest and diabetes and injury have cruelled his longevity in the game...but I can't see a coach like Bennett thinking Snake is right to go around again...he has just cut Corey Parker who is still at the peak of his powers...it's wrong to see a legend bow out with no dignity and it's wrong to hold back the next generation.

If only injury surely he would have said to the coach " look I'm crap at the minute, I probably need an op and some time off", but no, he just loitered at the back doing FA for about two months looking completely uninterested.

No doubt injury played a part, but the lack of attitude was there for everyone to see.
You would think that he would have too much pride in himself to continuously run on to the field and be completely dominated .

He would be the first player in history to do so

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6