Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes we don't travel to well in the wet and yes we lost Tom and a couple of others . Point is we were crap on the night , couldn't hold the ball , fell off tackles , so I'm not going to say it was a Tom thing that we lost . Dce said at halftime that " this team has had plenty of adversity throughout the year and handled it " so we are not done yet . From what I've seen Elliot isn't to shabby at 1, so strap in.

I watched the game in Bangkok before flying home ..... our two No 9's were both pretty ordinary tonight, Api tackled well as usual as did Manase, but neither really offered anything in attack. Manase had his worst first grade game ... imho... some of his passing was just terrible, slow and above, or behind, and a few too low for players other than the opposition players to capitalize on ... as much as I dislike him, Scam gave them both a lesson

Last edited:
A telling stat from last night.....

During the 10 minutes that Chambers was in the bin, in the first 6 minutes we had two sets of six. Out of a possible 12 we could have had.....we only completed 3 play the balls before coughing up possession. And Melbourne scored a converted try each time we handed the ball back to them.
Yep, in today’s game we just can not make mistakes. That’s how important it is if we want the 2 points. I think a lot of us on here are more concerned about who goes on for who due to our injuries. I am more concerned about the way we are respecting the footy. We need to play smarter because between the “refs and pure luck” anything can happen. We have the players to win games so I can’t see any excuses not to at least complete our sets. Without the ball we are done. Surely after all these years the players should know this.We went out and played Melbourne and we looked soft and if you look and play soft we will lose the game and not only that we will get injured and that’s what happened.Totally agree with your post mate. We are not consistent enough, we can be consistent but we’re not. The storm and roosters are consistent and we have proven they are beatable, but that’s where it stops for us.

Yep, in today’s game we just can not make mistakes. That’s how important it is if we want the 2 points. I think a lot of us on here are more concerned about who goes on for who due to our injuries. I am more concerned about the way we are respecting the footy. We need to play smarter because between the “refs and pure luck” anything can happen. We have the players to win games so I can’t see any excuses not to at least complete our sets. Without the ball we are done. Surely after all these years the players should know this.We went out and played Melbourne and we looked soft and if you look and play soft we will lose the game and not only that we will get injured and that’s what happened.Totally agree with your post mate. We are not consistent enough, we can be consistent but we’re not. The storm and roosters are consistent and we have proven they are beatable, but that’s where it stops for us.

We had a bad game, simple. I'd liked to have blamed the refs for the loss on Saturday night, but the reality is that we contributed to the heavy loss a lot more than the refs did. We coughed up possession 10 times, of which about 8 of them were in our own half which gave Melbourne the chance to attack. And we missed 34 tackles.....more than twice the amount they missed (16).

Cough up that much possession and miss that many tackles and even the bottom teams will beat you. And we were playing the team on top of the ladder.

The worrying thing is that this is a pattern we have shown all year, our inability to adapt to wet conditions. Give us a dry track and we can beat anyone, even if we lose a player the caliber of Tom Trbojevic. But on a wet track we still try and play dry weather footy and not once this year has that worked. Melbourne put on a clinic with how to play wet weather football on Saturday.

Yeah, the weather exacerbated our poor handling. I was okay with the effort right up until Chambers went to the sin bin and we handed the ball over on the first or second tackle a few times and gave up another couple of tries. That was the only part of the night I would describe as "piss poor".
Well I think weather or no weather, we need to hold the ball. All this talk about we don’t play well in wet weather I am totally over. Honestly they were two teams out there and to add to that we just need to hold onto it. We need to play smarter for longer periods of time. Our consistency is lacking compared to the top teams. We have done some great things this year and a lot has been spoken about us playing with a lot of heart,which we have but we need to be a little smarter.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10