Manly V Storm teams, stats, chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Ian Martin tragic link=topic=180242.msg220839#msg220839 date=1240959535]
But, it was as if having made the big break or created the overlap the players had somehow talked themselves out of the killer blow because stewart wasn't next to them to walk it over the line.

I tend to think it was the opposite, that because Stewart was not there both Lyon & Matai took it on themselves to try and score because the felt they had to step up.

That they both stuffed up may help them more in the coming weeks, hopefully.
[/quote]

You could be right; point is the stewart thing was still in their heads despite the rest of their performance shaping up like a win.

Dan link said:
but are one step away from clicking, with the personell to do it.

I know you are mr positive mate, but at some stage reality will come a knocking, without the general at the back we are a different team, not for his play, his attack or defense, but mainly for his experience as a fullback and marshalling the troops

We are a different team, stevie wonder can see that

I have seen no more signs from Melbourne that they are ready to click than I have from us the past few weeks. That is not based on being "Mr Positive" or whatever you want to call it, it is based on what I have witnessed lately

The only area I rate them stronger than us is in the back 3 with Slater there, our centre pairing stronger, halves on a par, and our pack overall a lot better, and our bench ****s on theirs

Stats have also played a massive part on this site the past few weeks and have been held up as indisputable, well if we continue on with that, Melbourne @ Brookie is worse than Manly - Stewart. From memory they may have gotten us in 1999, and last year, that is it.

Maybe it is the fact I hate them so much, but out of all our games this season, this is the one I feel comfortable about going into. I did think that about Penrith as well i suppose ...

this game won't be won through the forwards, an slater will carve us up especially with our "come here for a cuddle" defense. Unless watmough and bailey learn how to mean what they are doing when they are defending the big hit ups and set plays for slater. That anyone is confident astounds me

Slater hasn't been carving anyone up lately Dan.  We showed all how to nullify him in the GF and the Titans did as well when they towelled them in Melbourne.  Our forwards will stand up on Friday and move up and smash them.     

I hope that up in QLD we can see the live coverage of the Manly match. I know there's a  also a match on featuring one of the QLD teams (cowboys I think).
ATTENTION MANLY, please tackle hard, don't give away penalties, score some brilliant trys, and post a win against those purple news limited, grappling, chicken wingers.

I'll probably miss the game, playing in the oz tag team challenge. Will be aslepp by 9:30 I'd say

Kiwi Eagle link said:
STORM:
1. Grub
2. Turncoat
3. Rugby Star
4. G I Jane
5. NoName
6. Sook
7. Gronk
8. Lama
9. sMyth (c)
10. Queer
11. TwoPoo
12. Crybaby
13. JohnS**t
Interchange:
14. Heathcliffe
15. Dross
16. Neville
17. Cat

I hate these pricks. Want a Matai special like last season on sMyth and somebody to hit the giant ego GI with a beauty too

Was going to post something serious until i caught up with this.

Great work KE

;D

Melbourne are the third lowest scoring team and have a much smaller and less dominant pack than in the past. They struggle to lay a platform. We should bash them up the middle and work hard to establish good field position and stay patient. We should beat them.

Canteen Worker link said:
Melbourne are the third lowest scoring team and have a much smaller and less dominant pack than in the past. They struggle to lay a platform. We should bash them up the middle and work hard to establish good field position and stay patient. We should beat them.

Gee I love that kinda talk......

It is a toss of the coin. Storm have been incredibly ordinary and have been finishing moves as well as we have. They will have mental scars from the GF that will be hard to remove and in front of our home crowd fired up by the rematch should see us home. I can't see it being a high scoring game. Manly by 3 tries to 2.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
STORM:
1. Grub
2. Turncoat
3. Rugby Star
4. G I Jane
5. NoName
6. Sook
7. Gronk
8. Lama
9. sMyth (c)
10. Queer
11. TwoPoo
12. Crybaby
13. JohnS**t
Interchange:
14. Heathcliffe
15. Dross
16. Neville
17. Cat

I hate these pricks. Want a Matai special like last season on sMyth and somebody to hit the giant ego GI with a beauty too

well I'm planning on having an absolute dog of a game at halfback so manly should get home!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
It's the 9.30pm game up here Nicci....but not a worry for me I'll be there seeing it LIVE!!
I'm inviting myself to watch with you then. If you don't look like Brett Stewart you'll be safe in my company.

CLT COMMANDER link said:
If Des wants to win this one all he has to do is watch the tape of the Titans/Melbourne game.  They did a great job on Melbourne.

I'd suggest he watches the tape from last years grand final

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6