Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 23, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
what are the black lines?
Circle is around the ball that was clearly thrown forward.

The triangle highlights the degree by which it was forward,.
Plus the position of the lines woman, who was busy looking at Chez and not the ball to her left :cool:

Capture.JPG

Plus the position of the lines woman, who was busy looking at Chez and not the ball to her left :cool:

View attachment 6252
i dunno that pass was ok
the manly one that was called back despite being passed backwards (called forward despite being back?) was bloody terrible - 90% heading for a try right there

the nrl offside/obstruction rules are a farce. it was like watching an allblacks game with the amount of tigers players loitering around in the manly defensive line. dummy runners are lazy coaching, they should all be offside. once you go past the ball you're offside - who gives a rat's arse if you're on the inside or outside shoulder of any of that bullsh!t. the ball player should have to put you back onside - any obstruction of a defender, whether they're directly responsible for making the next tackle or not, is exactly that - obstruction.

otherwise we're playing NFL. if that's the case then dummy runners without the ball should be able to be tackled. that fat fart woods will think twice about loitering in the defensive line when he gets cleaned up blindside by AFB

i dunno that pass was ok
the manly one that was called back despite being passed backwards (called forward despite being back?) was bloody terrible - 90% heading for a try right there

the nrl offside/obstruction rules are a farce. it was like watching an allblacks game with the amount of tigers players loitering around in the manly defensive line. dummy runners are lazy coaching, they should all be offside. once you go past the ball you're offside - who gives a rat's arse if you're on the inside or outside shoulder of any of that bullsh!t. the ball player should have to put you back onside - any obstruction of a defender, whether they're directly responsible for making the next tackle or not, is exactly that - obstruction.

otherwise we're playing NFL. if that's the case then dummy runners without the ball should be able to be tackled. that fat fart woods will think twice about loitering in the defensive line when he gets cleaned up blindside by AFB
IF the rule book had video footage to illustrate a rule then the DCE obstruction footage could be used to illustrate exactly what an obstruction is.

So why did the bunker 'officials' need to look at it 5 or 6 times???, it was like they were convincing themselves that they could ignore the rule and get away with it, all the while Gould is yammering how it was OK.....one of the farces of the year!

View attachment 6252

Your lines are not in the XY plane (note the line finishes outside the field of play), the ball is in the air after all so cannot really tell on that.

If you draw a line from the feet of the inside wests player to the chest of the wests winger you would get a similar look for example.

Your lines are not in the XY plane (note the line finishes outside the field of play), the ball is in the air after all so cannot really tell on that.

If you draw a line from the feet of the inside wests player to the chest of the wests winger you would get a similar look for example.
Just watch in slow motion and its obviously way forward.:nod:

I was not trying to be a forensic artist in any case :p

Has anyone seen the presser? Can't find any talk about the game. In regards to the obstruction or poor decisions. Wondering if Baz said anything.

Has anyone seen the presser? Can't find any talk about the game. In regards to the obstruction or poor decisions. Wondering if Baz said anything.
Link is in the 1st post on page 1.

Baz said nothing about the decisions, as he was rightly shattered by the lead we forfeited @:cry:

To his credit, Baz was more focused on our inept second half performance as the reason for the loss and barely mentioned the refs.

I think like the rest of us he feels that we should never have put ourselves in a position to lose. Sure the last try from the Tigpies was far from legal, but leading 20-6 at half time against the bottom side.....we really should have put them away early. We didn't and let them back into the game.

The only practical alternatives for a player in a similar situation as D C E yesterday and with such ambiguous and contentious obstruction interpretations should be to just either take a dive or just to re adjust immediately and chase and pressure the ball runner . Right or wrong the former action would probably attract a penalty and the latter , some opportunity to again at least pressure the ball runner to prevent a scoring opportunity. N R L matches and critical outcomes for teams however should never be determined in such a controversial and doubtful manner and with such inconsistent referee practices.

No use blaming the refs for this one. It was the interceptions and dropped balls which halted our momentum and let a very average looking side get over the top of us. No individual's fault, just a lack of focus and intensity team-wide.

I was more alarmed at our start where our defence once again lacked line speed and we dropped off tackles. There were periods of the second half where this raised its head again.

They really need to work out how to maintain an 80 minute performance.

Luckily my wife is a Manly supporter. Otherwise she probably would have left me before now, given some of my 'live performances' during Manly games.

Luckily my wife is a Manly supporter. Otherwise she probably would have left me before now, given some of my 'live performances' during Manly games.
Well, to be fair to you, Terry, it is pretty hard to perform while also trying to watch the game...

Just saw the vision of Marty's attempted tackle on Sue in the lead up to his try, it honestly looked like he pulled out of the tackle. I'd imagine he'd have some explaining to do during the video session today.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8