Manly v Tigpies [Round 18 2014] Fortress Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
davohan123 said:
This game on Friday now takes on more weight

With souths losing tonight

If Dogs Penrith and us win next week( 26 points we would be on) all 3 teams will go 2 games clear over souths and Easts ( who after the bye will be on 22 points )

Thank you sharks and titans - if only for this weekend.

We are already 2 games clear over East & souffs.

3.70 for tigies to win over only 1.28 for Manly!? Me thinks another ambush is coming. But I seriously hope our boys don't slack off like they did last week.

Its the Community Round, so the Players will be wearing that killer Sea Eagle on the Jerseys :)

Also the #RiseForAlex Round.
So come early as you get half price food till 6:30pm, then you can fill the buckets with your savings :idea:

Win Big Manly!

Just checked (on League Now app) hun...

RiseForAlex is round 19.

I'd assume there may be buckets anyway (this week).

And a website etc. for those of us elsewhere to donate, too.

I wish I could have one of those Community jerseys myself!

And will the real Manly please arrive at Brookie on Friday night.

HappilyManly said:
Manly has it this week as we don't have a home game for 3 weeks after that .

Oh OK, that's terrific.

The more they can raise the better, obviously.

I just hope Manly match that spirit against the Tigpies HM!

Ralphie said:
davohan123 said:
This game on Friday now takes on more weight

With souths losing tonight

If Dogs Penrith and us win next week( 26 points we would be on) all 3 teams will go 2 games clear over souths and Easts ( who after the bye will be on 22 points )

Thank you sharks and titans - if only for this weekend.

We are already 2 games clear over East & souffs.

Only if we win when they have the bye. We have won 10 games, they have won 9.

Related article:

Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers preview

By Dan Walsh, Staff Writer
NRL.com
12:00pm Wed 09th July, 2014

Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers
Brookvale Oval
Friday 7.45 pm (AEST)

The Sea Eagles wandered into the Tigers’ suburban den last time these two teams met and copped a mauling for their troubles, and will be out to return the favour as they welcome the black and gold to their Brookvale fortress this Friday night.

Heading into that fateful clash at a waterlogged Leichhardt in Round 5 the Sea Eagles had dusted the premiers 8-0 on their own turf, but it mattered for nought as the Tigers’ young pack bared its teeth and sent them back over the Spit Bridge very sore and sorry and on the end of a 34-18 hiding, having at one point conceded 26 points in just over half an hour of play.

Read More

By Dan Walsh, Staff Writer
NRL.com
12:00pm Wed 09th July, 2014

Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers
Brookvale Oval
Friday 7.45 pm (AEST)

The Sea Eagles wandered into the Tigers’ suburban den last time these two teams met and copped a mauling for their troubles, and will be out to return the favour as they welcome the black and gold to their Brookvale fortress this Friday night.

Read More

Another NRL.com fail. Wests Tigers wear black gold and white. Balmain are a dead club.

MATCH OFFICIALS - ROUND 18
GAME: SEA EAGLES V TIGERS DATE: FRIDAY 11TH JULY, 2014
VENUE: BROOKVALE OVAL NRL KICK OFF: 7.45PM [NINE]
REFEREE: Shayne Hayne VIDEO REFEREES: Steve Chiddy
ASSIST REFEREE: Alan Shortall   Luke Patten
TOUCH JUDGES: Paul Holland EVALUATOR: Bernard Sutton
  Nick Beashel MATCH DAY COACH: Bernard Sutton
STANDBY TJ: Jon Stone JERSEY COLOUR: Pink

I hope Chez plays but if he doesn't come up, we should still tame the Tigpies at Brookie.

Hayne is a worry as usual; but all the refs' aren't exactly performing well lately!

Manly by plenty.

I know I'll be shouted down here, but if we can't win and win well here I will just about draw a line through our premiership chances.

Our forwards should be motivated like there's no tomorrow. When we last played the Tigpies their forwards owned our pack so emphatically it was an embarrassment. This time round both Farah & Woods are 2 days on from SOO 3 and will still be recovering from their hangovers. Add to this they have lost Tedesco, Anasta & Fulton over the past month and there is absolutely no excuses to be had tonight, even if DCE doesn't back up. We are at Brookie where the Tigpies have lost their last 10 (I think that's the number).

Even shame (steggles) hayne shouldn't be able to stop a belting here.

US v the Tigers, Classic Match just started on Fox.

Round 1 1997 game, so not sure if we won!

Just a heads up for anyone inclined.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8