Manly v Titans [Round 23 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And to ice off a royal bending over this half, one player runs over half the field sideways and carves through untouched.

Look, it was a good try by Roberts, but how did Bird not get penalised for passing after the ref called held when at the other end we get penalised for playing the dam ball?

This is a carve up.

torana355 said:
How come we hardly ever put a team to the sword? We always play in close matches and make things hard for ourselves.

Roosters were lucky to beat Titans last week.

This is a good Gold Coast team make no mistake.

HoldenV8 said:
Look, it was a good try by Roberts, but how did Bird not get penalised for passing after the ref called held when at the other end we get penalised for playing the dam ball?

This is a carve up.

Seriously that hasn't been a penalty all year.

bob dylan said:
torana355 said:
How come we hardly ever put a team to the sword? We always play in close matches and make things hard for ourselves.

Roosters were lucky to beat Titans last week.

This is a good Gold Coast team make no mistake.

Yeah i know but its not just this game, we do it all the time, it bloody stressful lol

This is second grade stuff.
We won't beat any top eight team playing like this.

Hope tooves puts them straight.

bob dylan said:
HoldenV8 said:

This is a carve up.

Seriously that hasn't been a penalty all year.

Yep, this.

How can you even think of calling that a penalty when all year they've made it the policy to ask blokes to go back and play it. Absolutely baffling where that decision came from.

Focus Manly, the game is yours if you leave your egos at the door.

Arguing with Horsehead will get you nowhere !
Fighting Bird will get you nowhere!

Play the RHS - Killer is ready to defend his honour.
His being put on report must be on level with attacking a ballboy :angel:

My point is that all the 50/50 calls have so far gone to the Titans.

How do you get penalised for playing the ball? Lewis was right, that should have been play on. Consider Friday night when a Parramatta player wasn't tackled yet was called to play the ball - its extremely inconsistent. To penalise for that shows that Maxwell for the second week in a row is looking to penalise us for whatever he can.

Killer scored, no doubt.

Roberts pass to Don with about 7 mins left went half a metre forward, yet after the ball went out the Titans got the scrum feed.

At the very least it should be 12-0 our way. If Killer had been awarded the try as he should have been then Roberts wouldn't have been in a position to score.

Jerry1 said:
This is second grade stuff.
We won't beat any top eight team playing like this.

Hope tooves puts them straight.

Don't give up...We were the same last night and i was spitting chips but then we came through. The segulls are spreading the ball well and if they keep that up and make the ti-ts run, they can get over them.

Ralphie said:
Clint said:
I'm not normally into making predictions but I have feeling we will lap them.
Manly by plenty+.

I hope you're right, but there has been signs for a while now that all is not yet clicking for us. We may well have won four in a row before last weekend but they were ugly wins mostly and we have not been playing well at all and didn't play well last weekend.

With four rounds left it's time to click and step it up a gear or two. If we can do that we look the goods, but I have considerable doubts and I think Sunday afternoon will be a turning point in our season.

As I said, this is a turning point in our season and not a good one.

I'm just going to come out and say it, we are playing like crap and I think the internal problems are now biting.

The refereeing is poor, but we are a whole lot poorer.

Not worried about winning this - more worried about beating any quality opposition. These guys are chumps. We will limp past them to win no problem.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8