Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 5, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Reality is that Manly were only 2 points behind with 10 to go.

Our D faded badly in the end :cool:
Your quite right as from where I was sitting at the game we never gave up.We did make some silly errors which we should not be making.Just simple stuff really.Sometimes a feel DCE lacks aggression.But having said that he is still a great player and still leads by example.Our ball handling is a huge problem for us and we will never get to the grand final by dropping the ball the way we do.We did try though and showed some good old manly spirit and I came away from the game disappointed we lost but we can fix what we are doing wrong.Trent needs to put this across to the players and make sure they know it because that’s what is killing us out there.Ourselves

Reality is that Manly were only 2 points behind with 10 to go.

Our D faded badly in the end :cool:
If we were serious today we should never have let them get that score on us. It was the Titans FFS. It's the way we lost. We looked crap and out enthused.

Here's a fun game I like to play, have a look at our team and see how many of these blokes would get a game for another NRL side at the moment.
Looking at all our backs.

DCE - Yes
Walker - Yes
Tommie T - Yes
Parker - NO
M Wright - NO
J Wright - NO
Uate - NO
Kelly - Maybe, but probably NO
Croker - NO
Hastings - NO
Funa - NO
T Wright - NO

Tells the story.
Kelly, DCE, TT, Tafua and Walker; that is 5 out of 7 spots. Show me a team that has 7 out 7 premium backs?

We had 45% of the ball, and would have led by four points with a handful of minutes remaining if the ref hadn't ruled a forward pass to Thompson.
Overall, with the team that we fielded today we didn't do too bad.
Uate gets tackled around the head and instead of us getting a penalty it cost us six points. Their first try came from a kick-and-hope. Their last try shouldn't have been awarded. Croker gets concussed which was our blessing because he was replaced with Hastings . . . and then he was brought back into the game. And we know how embarrassing that proved.

I just think he has to do too much out there. He's getting no support in the kicking game and anyone lining up against Manly knows exactly where the ball is going on the last tackle.
He's never been as effective as a lone general, his best years were with Foran in the side.
We needed to get a quality half in the off season and we blew it. Our recruitment team has a lot to answer for.
Yea I agree to a point but DCE is always kicking to the same place on the 5th tackle.There is nothing to support because there is nothing on.He has to kick into space when manly are hammering there line.He did a little of both. Yea Foran was tough and was an extra play maker and took a lot of pressure off DCE.He does need help out there.But I admire DCE as he can lift our side as can Jake.

We had 45% of the ball, and would have led by four points with a handful of minutes remaining if the ref hadn't ruled a forward pass to Thompson.
Overall, with the team that we fielded today we didn't do too bad.
Uate gets tackled around the head and instead of us getting a penalty it cost us six points. Their first try came from a kick-and-hope. Their last try shouldn't have been awarded. Croker gets concussed which was our blessing because he was replaced with Hastings . . . and then he was brought back into the game. And we know how embarrassing that proved.
I’m a real fan of making excuses for our team, which is just as well all things considered. I see you do too. :eek:

We have 5 or 6 first choice players out and we do not have the quality to replace them...but yeah it has no impact
Glad you're not the coach we lose a few players and we just give up. No mate you keep rolling out the excuses I expect more as do most.

A lot has been said about Croker and the descions that TB made but one critical moment was when DCE kicked on zero tackle late in the game sometimes DCE game management suffers under pressure
You just have to think if Greens there DCE doesn't make that mistake. I think we are getting just how much Green was needed for DCE to step up. Now Shaun Johnson's getting a taste.

I just think he has to do too much out there. He's getting no support in the kicking game and anyone lining up against Manly knows exactly where the ball is going on the last tackle.
He's never been as effective as a lone general, his best years were with Foran in the side.
We needed to get a quality half in the off season and we blew it. Our recruitment team has a lot to answer for.

So the NRL had nothing to do with us not being able to sign a half?

PSE I respect your comments generally, but on this one I'm confused. You are judging players, Anderson and T. Wright who have never played first grade. We have never seen Hastings in a Manly side given a chance at 5/8. Walker and Kelly were close to the best centre combination last year...they certainly outscored together all other centre combinations. How can you assess they wont be good in assisting Manly to a top 4 position. Unless we see them in action in those positions, we cant judge
Ok I’ll be more precise then.None of our players would assist manly in making the top 4.

Not good but certainly not as bad as that terrible bunnies loss. The tits got some crucial good calls. If only a the near try and the no try stuck.
I'm sure that last one to the titans was nowhere near the ground.
Crocker facing the wrong way indicates the HIA test didn't work.
Oh well.
Work to do.
Tigers to beat.
At least Souths played well...we got beaten today by a rubbish outfit who didn't really play that well, we just played even worse.

Mate Croker comes off for HIA and we all expect Jackson to slot into 5/8 - happy days kid here's ure chance. Instead TB thinks so little of him he puts him at hooker. I like TB but fair dinkum he has form for stubbornly sticking with experiments that don't work and frankly I don't expect any different re Croker. We have zero hope of making the 8 with our WLWLLWLL kind of consistency. Tough to watch
I also think it was the wrong call, but the reason why it was made was not because Barrett thinks Api is a better 5/8 than Hastings...it was to do with the rotation. Api was gassed (as was most of our team) and Baz knew he wouldn't be able to bench him so when Hastings came on, it was about giving Api a spell from defending in the ruck and moving around the play-the-ball.

I still don't think it was the right call but that was why he made it.

Its easy and fun to blame everything on the NRL.
If the priorities had been set right we could have off loaded players to sign a half. The only players that should have been untouchable were DCE and T brothers. We could have shed forwards.
I would even have traded Kapow for a quality 6.
Teams can win with high quality halves but being a little light up front.
Very few teams are successful being light on halves.

You are right in some respects but if you watched our games from 2012-2015 we had very little grunt up front and more than not we made no space for the amazing backline we had. More often premierships are won with very good fwds

Exchange the best fwd on stats last yr and up again there this yr for a half? Kapow is indispensable atm so i disagree with that statement.

But we are 1 good half short this season but that’s because we had no $$ to play with.

Save a replacement

Complete opposite actually. HIA is not a replacement and if they pass then the 15 minutes swap has to occur. If Croker was to stay off (after passing) then that is a replacement.

This is why Parra have had so many HIA's for their forwards, gets them a 15 minute rest without using a replacement.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12