Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foran plays on the left,I think Ola might be targeting Foran all night,if Foran takes it to the line I hope for his sake Ola does not kill him ....
I wouldn't like to see Guac kill Foz either but I'm more worried about us not covering the inside ball from Foz to Brimson. That could kill us!

He did well in the trial at fullback.

But it was only a trial......
Yep, it's not his general FB duties I'm doubting, just his ability to be vocal at the back to get other players organised. We'll have to wait and see.

Game could be 40 to 30. Our fringe defence is scary. I imagine Foz will be targeting Kelma, Cooper, Garrick, Harper and Tui all game. God help us.
From what I’ve seen so far. Cooper Johns is one of the worst tacklers going around. He, Kelma, Reubs and Tui is a real worry on our right edge. This is however Tanah Boyd’s side and he’s not the most creative 7. Fifita is also opposite Guac, Dce and Harper. Need Morgs to rewatch the game he had v Titans out in Mudgee. He was in Fifitas face all game.

We need DCE to have a good kicking game (especially if it's wet), our forwards to aim up and the team to keep the errors and missed tackles at a minimum.

So really, play like we did against Melbourne.....

After being MIA for so long at home, we now have the Fortress Brookie mentality back again. The team especially the forwards have vowed not lose a game at home this season. And coming of an average performance against the WT the bounce back ability should be in play for us this Sat night, and in front of a pact home crowd. Come on..Manly..

NRL.COM
Manly have copped a double blow with five-eighth Josh Schuster succumbing to another quad injury and Brad Parker (knee) also out for 3-4 weeks after undergoing knee surgery.

Superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic has been named after scans confirmed he sustained a minor groin strain against Wests Tigers and will be monitored in the lead-up to the match.

I suspected as much with The Shoe. He and Turbo seem to have difficulties staying on the field of late.

With a wet or even slightly wet track forecast , really could be advisable to rest Turbo and for Weekes to step in . Get Turbo better prepared for the Broncs then , not to underestimate the Titans but can 't see much point possibly aggravating any existing niggling injury, especially again in any probable wet conditions . Well Reuben looks like he will finally get a crack at centre , still would have opted for Tippytoes there but hopefully the coaching staff have got the call right . Would say that the side should be up for it , still quite hopeful even if Turbo is out , seem to have enough in form players and hopefully a few who can still lift a bit to get the job done

I suspected as much with The Shoe. He and Turbo seem to have difficulties staying on the field of late.
Very Frustrating indeed
BUT ....
The tide will turn
It always does feathered friend

A true lifes quote by Harriet Stow
NEVER GIVE UP, FOR THAT IS
JUST THE PLACE AND TIME
THAT THE TIDE WILL TURN

With a wet or even slightly wet track forecast , really could be advisable to rest Turbo and for Weekes to step in . Get Turbo better prepared for the Broncs then , not to underestimate the Titans but can 't see much point possibly aggravating any existing niggling injury, especially again in any probable wet conditions . Well Reuben looks like he will finally get a crack at centre , still would have opted for Tippytoes there but hopefully the coaching staff have got the call right . Would say that the side should be up for it , still quite hopeful even if Turbo is out , seem to have enough in form players and hopefully a few who can still lift a bit to get the job done
Speed kills and the Speedy Gun Garrick will fire up and Kill it in the centres

I have been waiting for this move for a very long time

I'd play Turbo, only if he's completely shaken off the minor groin strain. And after an a OK at the Captains run on a damp pitch. Also with you on Tui in the centres, Tui makes me nervous as a winger.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 10.38.46 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 10.38.46 am.png
    524.8 KB · Views: 4
Spot on , sit him down for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10