Manly vs Warriors [Round 20 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was said above, a great gutsy win despite our best efforts to make it difficult for ourselves, and some pretty ordinary officiating.

Choc: All heart as always, but with passion comes an over-ride of the executive brain. Some dumb decisions at crucial times in the match. That mistake in the first set of the match handed Worriers the momentum. I guess, we just have to accept that's the way it is with Choc. With passion comes compromised decision-making at times.

DCE: Been said, rocks and diamonds. Thankfully, his diamonds were brilliant and more frequent. 40/20, ankle tap, try-saver on the line and defense in general, and that solo try to finish it. I thought the rocks part was more about his passing game today. He seemed to struggle with his timing today in that area.

Snake: Relatively quiet and nowhere near as involved as we need him to be. That said, his reading of the play in defense, particularly near the goal line, is largely unnoticed... But, it is brilliant and sublime. They were raving about this quality in Slater on Friday night, but I think Stewart is the master of it.

King: Deserves a special mention. Gets bagged, and was copping it after that dropped ball, but he put his hand up and grafted out some tough hit-ups today, often getting his nose through. What he may lack in physical gifts he makes up with mental toughness and heart at times.

There were plenty of other good contributions today, including Buhrer, Balin, Blair and Hiku. Lyon and Skivvy were solid without being brilliant. Again, a lot of our forwards were largely unnoticed, but held their own and doing a job that allows others to shine. Well done.

According to NRL.com the official attendance was 19,199. Not bad from the Warriors fans and the Manly fans who travelled to Kiwiland.

If you believe the media here you'd think the the only reason Warriors lost was because SJ wasn't playing.

NYEagle said:
HK_Eagle said:
Seriously, how often do we have to lose short kick contests for coaching staff to address it? It's not just today, it's happened multiple times this year.

HK Eagle, that's probably the only thing this team is not good at. Let it slide I say!

Yeah, I'm just looking at it from a coaching point of view and wanting the team to keep improving and move forward. Perhaps it takes away from training time spent on other more important aspects of their game.

Scutty said:
If you believe the media here you'd think the the only reason Warriors lost was because SJ wasn't playing.

Not to mention constantly telling us how good the Warriors were besides being behind on the scoreboard

Dan said:
Scutty said:

Not to mention constantly telling us how good the Warriors were besides being behind on the scoreboard

I find Halligan an interesting commentator. I've often noticed he's all over the shop. I've seen him show his bias towards the Warriors at times, but then at others, he almost seems to be going out if his way to appear to take an anti-Warrior stance. I have often found his commentary strange in that way. It's like he is swayed by how others perceive him rather than calling things as he sees them.

Dan said:
Scutty said:

The Warriors have been good lately but with two losses on the trot there is talk of a mini-slump. Shall look forward to the League hour on the wireless tomorrow to see how good the blood letting will be.

Hopefully Manly will credit where it's due but sadly the media is beating up SJ not playing as the main factor behind the loss despite Capt Mannering saying they (Warriors) made too many simple errors as being the main reason

Scutty said:

I reckon Townsend played out of his skin today. Warriors didn't lose it in their halves.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Shoe1 said:
Scutty said:

I reckon Townsend played out of his skin today. Warriors didn't lose it in their halves.

Agreed he had a blinder

Shoe1 said:
Scutty said:

Was having a Twitter conversation with a mate who's a Warriors fan and he tweeted Chad had a shocker all game.

Perception is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Townsend wasn't that good in my view. He should have learned from the first NZ try where they gave Hurrell the ball early enough before the defence line that he got wound up and was unstoppable. Did it happen again in the next 75 minutes? Nope. Thankfully.

Yeah ok, I was just worried every time Townsend had the ball. Looked dangerous to me for some reason.

Toovey & Hiku presser video https://www.nrl.com/rd-20-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/671489/default.aspx

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8