Manly Waringah Sea Eagles V Canberra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm happy with the end result but not the score after the 60th minute. I thought that the Raiders may get one try but not 3 in the space of 8 minutes.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=180740.msg228566#msg228566 date=1245561009]

Conversion missed by Orford

God I wish he would give those sideline kicks to someone else
[/quote]

goalkicking wins the day for us
wink.gif

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=180740.msg228568#msg228568 date=1245561108]

[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=180740.msg228566#msg228566 date=1245561009]

Conversion missed by Orford

God I wish he would give those sideline kicks to someone else
[/quote]

goalkicking wins the day for us
wink.gif

[/quote]

Yeah, but the way that the Raiders were coming back, I thought that they would level the score and that first missed goal was going to come back to haunt us if they then kicked a field goal.

missing_something link said:
42 seconds left and Orford shows his true skill level giving them a chance to win the game.

Still an amazing feat considering there was 6 players out and the crap that went on this week at the club.

You certainly are missing something

Watch the game, then you will see Orford's skill level. To really see it though, I would suggest opening both eyes, and watching his overall kicking and running game

Tough conditions to kick a field goal, if he misses they come out to 20m. Bang it into the corner, and they have to work out of there to make 100m to have a chance of drawing the game. I would have preferred an attempt at the droppie, but the other option is not that risky imo

Jethro link said:
I'm happy with the end result but not the score after the 60th minute. I thought that the Raiders may get one try but not 3 in the space of 8 minutes.

Raiders had all the pill, and the refs as well

The "grapple" tackle on Cuthbertson was a joke, It brought out a "Don't get me started" from Gould, and Robertson did not drop the ball, he jammed it against his leg, it never touched the grass. They scored off both of those calls

missing_something link said:
42 seconds left and Orford shows his true skill level giving them a chance to win the game.

Still an amazing feat considering there was 6 players out and the crap that went on this week at the club.
you are kidding me deadset
he was by far our best player
yet theres still morons like you who wont to carving him up.

He doesnt play today we lose pretty simple

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=180740.msg228604#msg228604 date=1245566721]

you are kidding me deadset
he was by far our best player
yet theres still morons like you who wont to carving him up.

He doesnt play today we lose pretty simple
[/quote]

I may have been slightly harsh.

Orford was MOM for me, he was solid, although he did kick a few high kicks a little deep, would have pefered them falling just inside the field of play rather then with the fullback in the in goal.

Orfords first half was great, kicks were on the money most of the time and the attack looked good and they kept to the game plan.

His kicks fell off a bit in the second but as said above the raiders were given a mountain of posession which makes it hard for orford to do much.

Definatly one of our best today.

What i liked a lot is Foran seemed to play and link well with orford, most in that roll have taken about 10 - 30 games to sort it out.

Foran to play next week

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Jason King was 9s MoM

I'm pretty sure that he was the ABC Grandstands MoM as well.

And deservedly so too, his effort today was immense.

I thought Kingyfan would have been on here already, but he must be busy picking up all the tissues he would have gone through during the match

Kiwi Eagle link said:
And deservedly so too, his effort today was immense.

I thought Kingyfan would have been on here already, but he must be busy picking up all the tissues he would have gone through during the match

Kingyfan = Jason King, or his mum. 

Jethro link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=180740.msg228624#msg228624 date=1245571372]

Jason King was 9s MoM

I'm pretty sure that he was the ABC Grandstands MoM as well.
[/quote]

correct

It's always risky drawing conclusions based on one game ... but:

On the basis of that debut, and if I was picking the team for the next game, Foran would be pretty much the first player picked.  He may well be the missing link that makes Manly a huge premiership threat again, with Bailey moving to lock.  Foran's defence was outstanding, his kick chase was the team's best, he appears to have a long kicking game, he was an effective link in attack as well as scoring the opening try. Every touch and every play was quality from this young kid. All Canberra's points were scored and all real Canberra threats occurred in the short break when he was off the field. When he returned at the death Manly's defence tightened up again.

It was won through the forwards with no small contribution made from both halves.

I thought Foran had an awesome debut particularly because he was in a tough spot in the halves on a wet track. His defense was awesome.

Imagine when he gets confidence from a few more starts.

To be honest Cuthbo showed me enough today to make me glad he is off to the sharks he is one of the weaker of the forwards.

King had a great game, but I thought Orford probably tipped the balance more than King did, though as I said above our forwards dominated.

That finish was a massive leg up from the refs, they did all they could to get them back in the game, and the robbo and matai non-knock-ons were fair proof of that.

Who cares how we did it, we did it and we are in the 8. If Knights lose next week and the bongos win there is a chance we can move up to 6th. Happy days

Rex link said:
It's always risky drawing conclusions based on one game ... but:

On the basis of that debut, and if I was picking the team for the next game, Foran would be pretty much the first player picked.  He may well be the missing link that makes Manly a huge premiership threat again, with Bailey moving to lock.  Foran's defence was outstanding, his kick chase was the team's best, he appears to have a long kicking game, he was an effective link in attack as well as scoring the opening try. Every touch and every play was quality from this young kid. All Canberra's points were scored and all real Canberra threats occurred in the short break when he was off the field. When he returned at the death Manly's defence tightened up again.
mate i couldnt have put it better myself i agree totally.

Foran had a lot to do to score his try as well. He turned them inside out and still had a long run to make it to the line.

Well done to the kid

Dan link said:
Foran had a lot to do to score his try as well. He turned them inside out and still had a long run to make it to the line.

Well done to the kid
i was there and it happened right in front of me and boy did he show some great speed,alot of toe!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8