Manly's Attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
Dazzler as Byso puts it will take 10-20 rounds, and Lyon's rep chances before he realises !!

This is just my theory but I believe it has less to do with Des not realising those tactical changes and everything to do with his (& coaching staff) overall game plan developed in the off season, on where they see the game heading tactically this year.

I think positional changes such as Willow dropping off the bench to make way for an impact player rather than a one dimensional defensive player that he is, or tactical changes such as Lyon taking over from Orford, the non attack play kicking duties gets left by the way side to stubbornly follow the vision of that plan.

I think he will follow that plan come hell or high water and he was probably right to last year to get us where we did, but my concern is that that approach is inflexible and might let us down badly this year given the level of increased competition.

Seems to me its just the way Des operates.

Does anyone else read it that way ?

I have to admit mate, Bellamy seems to have a different gameplan for each different team to cap cheats play.
Des is an ex school teacher remember. He sets the curriculum, and stays with it like a teachers manual.
He's very slow to make any decisions.

I actually hope all this negative press fires the boys up this week.

In fact, Inglis had a shocker at the start of last year at 5/8. Everyone was going bananas. Lets hope Lyon kicks on just as well.

Wow, after round 1 you wouldn't think we are all talking about the bloke who took us the the GF last year, all the comments suggest Des is an absolute dud

Get a grip boys

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6