Marketing of memberships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
an example of this is the Footy show last week. Obviously they were there at the behest of the Manly club - a few of my intelligent Year 10 and 12 students asked me if all Manly supporters were like those sitting in the front row.

If your more intelligent students cant comprehend on their own that the small group on the footy shot is not indicative of all manly supporters then i would hate to see the average students trying to tie thier shoes.

Fluffy, maybe the kids thought that was the best that could be found?

Personally I far prefer it when Sarah Murdoch is spruiking Manly's virtues in an articulate and compelling way from the other side of the desk.

However Fluffy, if you prefer the alternative as you seem to, I'm sure a phone number can be arranged now that Jye Mullane is no longer with the club.

Mata would you expect these same students to go on a blind date with a manly fan after seeing a picture of sarah murdoch to assume the manly fan would look like that?

Thats the implication here.

I wouldnt call that intelligent - I would say they are either extremely naive or very very dumb.

As for you bringing your mistress into the discussion - leave her out and just stick with Sarah.

Mata 10-0

You are kidding. By Wheels own definition & description his bus was occupied by "silvertail" demographic.

By the level of marketing research that is done on this site we have actual evidence of a bus being occupied by persons that fit your beloved demographic. By his admission it may have been skewed but it is the only fact that is verfifiable in this entire debate. All the rest is simply opinion and the fact that several people from Dubbo happen to support Manly. DO they ask the people from Gordon Estate whom they support, there may be an even bigger representation of Manly supporters that reside there!

Corso Pete - the 10-0 scoreline is Mata vs that reprehensible creature otherwise known as Fluff.

Corso Pete, you are the one that introduced "anecdotal" as research by referring to the number of MAnly stickers seen on cars parked at Manly Beach. I could simply counter that there would be more of them if people of the Northern Beaches were aware of the membership packages???????

As for Gordon Estate, there are plans afoot to start a newspaper specifically for the disadvantaged in that town. I hope it gets off the ground and we shall then see how many of those good folks support the Eagles.

I suspect you will find a large number of Sharks and now Souths supporters, given that their favourite son is David Peachey.

Corso Pete, you are the one that introduced \"anecdotal\" as research by referring to the number of MAnly stickers seen on cars parked at Manly Beach. I could simply counter that there would be more of them if people of the Northern Beaches were aware of the membership packages???????

My point was that the area in which we stay is now occupied by yuppies, rather than the archetypal RL supporter, the area has changed dramatically over 30 years. It is my view that the stockbrokers, merchant bankers and company directors that are now living in this area are more likley to be Swans or Rugby Supporters.

My market research has you put it was simply not observing Manly RL bumper stickers attached the BMW's, Lexus' & Landcruisers that now profilerate the driveways in the 300 metres between mother in laws home and the beach. I am sure any self respecting market analyst could pick 1000 flaws in my research technique but for the purposes of supporting my debate on this site it is the only "fact" that I can produce.

I am just not convinced that our demographic now is as "silvertail" as you seem to think it is.

Maybe you should do a straw poll of the corporate boxes in the Jane Try Stand behind where you sit and see how many silvertails are there?

The fact stands that the marketing of membership is left to word of mouth or the crummy stand under the concrete grandstand. My two lovely daughters are members and they are because of the 'Manly thing', aka Brett and Glenn Stewart, and the other hot guys in the team. Are they used to market membership? I think not. There need to be a more proactive approach. An attractive stand at the entrance might be a good thing. Market the team to women and the young based on the sex appeal of the better looking guys. Have the guys who are not playing hand out membership info at the entrances on game day, or at least be more open to mixing with the membership at after game functions. At the moment the ones I've been to are way too dreary and the players stick together so it's all a little boring. There's lots of ways membership can be encouraged, but there's not the avenue to discuss these issues within the club. A caps OK, but a discount on entrance would be good.

The fact stands that the marketing of membership is left to word of mouth or the crummy stand under the concrete grandstand. My two lovely daughters are members and they are because of the 'Manly thing', aka Brett and Glenn Stewart, and the other hot guys in the team. Are they used to market membership? I think not. There need to be a more proactive approach. An attractive stand at the entrance might be a good thing. Market the team to women and the young based on the sex appeal of the better looking guys. Have the guys who are not playing hand out membership info at the entrances on game day, or at least be more open to mixing with the membership at after game functions. At the moment the ones I've been to are way too dreary and the players stick together so it's all a little boring. There's lots of ways membership can be encouraged, but there's not the avenue to discuss these issues within the club. A caps OK, but a discount on entrance would be good.

Well said David, I know for a fact the club membership coordinator reads this forum so hopefully he will takes some notes on some of the ideas, issues raised in this thread

Don't you love how Corso Pete has made my point for me?

The population and demographic of the Northern Beaches have changed, but it appears that the culture and outlook of the club has not kept pace with it.

Is this a case of change or die?

Oh, and to add some more to david's point. Yes, use the Brett Stewarts and Chris Hick's to market to the sheilas.

But what about using the Sea Birds or whatever the cheerleading bimbos are called to promote the memberships to the blokes.

Put it this way, who would you rather be met by at the gate giving out membership forms and Sea Eagle News etc.

Erin and friends or .......................... (fill in the blanks yourself, I get into too much trouble when I name names).

Erin and friends or .......................... (fill in the blanks yourself, I get into too much trouble when I name names).

Does it start with a J or an S? :lol:

Oh, and to add some more to david's point. Yes, use the Brett Stewarts and Chris Hick's to market to the sheilas.

But what about using the Sea Birds or whatever the cheerleading bimbos are called to promote the memberships to the blokes.

Put it this way, who would you rather be met by at the gate giving out membership forms and Sea Eagle News etc.
Wouldn't you be standing there loudly chastising them. The idea is a great one but coming from you I am starting to worry.

That's what I was thinking as well, a week ago Mata was portraying cheerleaders in a very unsavoury fashion. Now he wants to use them to secure memberships.

A little hypocritical isn't it?

But a great idea though.

not really. his opinion was againt grown males taking pictures of young ladies in their late teens and early twenties and pasting them all over the net.

Nope, he doesn't like them being there at all. But I agree that he has issues with my photos and anyone else who shows photos of cheerleaders like Easystreet etc I guess.

Matas comments from not so long ago.

"I'm the least of your worries, as I turn my back on the poor deluded girls waggling all their jiggly bits which they can't fit into the "clothing" they're given.

From discussions over the past few days it's the judges in the corporate boxes that you should be worried about."

"Poor girls needing to wag their bums in front of salivating drunken hordes to boost their self esteem.

sheesh"

It is alright Mata, I perve on them enough to make up for you not looking

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8